SRA International Reviews in Fairfax, VA | Glassdoor

SRA International Fairfax Reviews

Updated January 25, 2017

Fairfax, VA

Pros
Cons
  • While I still loved the people that I worked closely with, upper management change which led to not so great changes within the company (in 24 reviews)

• The company was not well prepared for the merger with CSCGov and many of the positive features of SRA are no longer available (in 18 reviews)

1. "Sr. Systems Administrator"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexablity, A very good company to work for, very nice atmosphere

Cons

In the last five years lost a few contracts

Advice to Management

None

"body shop"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mmmm....let me think.....run of the mill contract company, really I cannot think of anything outstanding for SRA.

Cons

They are reducing benefits at an accelerated pace. Arrogant and out-of-touch management and inept HR department. What a combination!

Advice to Management

What kind of advice can you give to a bunch of megalomaniacs who clearly do not care about their workforce? Go see a psychiatrist?

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Winning work in some pockets. Nursing and wellness team is nice perk and best part of the company-although see changes even there over past few years that have been unfortunate

Cons

Where do I begin. Training acts like they have all the answers but not very impressive and more of a canned approach. Revolving door with recruiting and retaining employees, "pet management programs" spend a lot of leadership time to feel good about what they are doing. Time would be better spent of mentoring/ coaching employees. Benefits abysmal. It's all about cutting costs .

Advice to Management

They wont't listen. It's all about saving money. Would say genuinely care about employees, but that thought is in conflict with executive vision.

4. "Best working experince"

Former Employee - Certified IPA (In Person Assistant) in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Certified IPA (In Person Assistant) in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are people person ,this is is a best company to work for, I learned so much.

Cons

so much traveling, and last minut changes.

Advice to Management

Need better communication and advance planing for out reach and community event.

5. "Program Manager"

Current Employee - Director in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time

Pros

SRA has a very community focussed culture.

Cons

The new corporate headquarters design is a bit too "Google-ish". Designed for maximum collaboration with peers.

Advice to Management

Keep up with innovative programs such as "Pathways".

"Looking to better position for a successful future in a competitve market, a company in the midst of shifting priorities"

Current Employee - Growth Division in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Growth Division in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall culture encourages learning, career advancement, mentorship, and personal growth. Senior level management is accessible/transparent, major company decisions are communicated openly with ample opportunity for employee engagement/discussion. New benefits program is very customizable and cost efficient. Vacation/PTO policy very flexible. Company that clearly cares about its employees.

Cons

From external rebranding to new internal mobility initiatives to a new benefits program to an upcoming headquarters move to Chantilly, the company is clearly refocusing its corporate priorities. For better or worse, it's still too early to tell. While employees are overall friendly/approachable, company divisions feel very insulated from each other (not many opportunities for cross-division or cross-project engagement).

Advice to Management

While evolution is necessary, it's feeling a bit like corporate has gotten swept up in the winds of change by implementing a whole slew of new initiatives all at once without taking time to see whether the resulting effects are positive or negative.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Fairfax, VA

Pros

There are none as a recruiter. If you are on a project that you like that might be ok.

Cons

I would not recommend working here as a recruiter

8. "Intelligence Analyst"

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible, provide additional training and tuition reimbursement

Cons

Only get to network with those you work with unless you attend other events .

"Last Straw"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Depends on the project that an employee works on. Feeling toward the company will rely heavily on feeling toward the middle management. I am on a project that is up for re-compete. I like the project so I hope SRA loses so I can join a better company and stay on the project.

Cons

The company has turned negatively from a consistent Forbes Top 100 company to a debt ridden defense contractor that is owned by an equity firm. The company is mostly has debt issues because the equity firm overpaid and the employees are taking the hit from these mistakes. Consistent benefits cuts over 3 years has made a lot of talent jump ship. The company is mostly a body shop at this point. Bid low, hope to win. If SRA wins, the senior leadership is awarded while the middle management is left to pick up the pieces from the poorly bid proposal effort.

Advice to Management

Providence Equity should sell the company to release SRA employees from their wrath. The current SRA CEO is just a puppet and SRA former great leadership (Ernst) appears to have no power anymore.

"Growing in strength"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SRA has a strong sense of culture and values and is truly committed to its customers and employees. Like many federal contractors, the company has been operating in a tough market for the last few years and, despite having to make some difficult decisions during that period, it seems that the company is now positioned well for the future. Collaboration at SRA is second to none.

Cons

The benefits are good, although there have been some benefit reductions over the last few years. I don't think this is any different to the rest of the industry, however.

Advice to Management

Be straight with employees. We're all in it together.