SRA International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Lawrence B. Prior III

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company offers a good benefits package (in 40 reviews)

• great company with great benefits, treats employees very well (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • While I still loved the people that I worked closely with, upper management change which led to not so great changes within the company (in 24 reviews)

• Internal mobility seemed to be quite difficult unless your own business unit had other opportunities to move you to (in 10 reviews)

1. "Jr. Analyst"

I worked at SRA International full-time

Pros

Everyone is very friendly, helpful, and willing to put in the energy for you to grow in your career.

Cons

Pay is average for fresh out of college, but again lots of room to grow.

2. "Meat Market - Pork, Beef, Poultry, or Fish?"

Former Employee - Security Engineer in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Security Engineer in Falls Church, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are quite big and everywhere now. They have gone from a small little office in Fair Lakes Va. to a major megaladon power house around the beltway. There is some amount of there,,, there I guess.

Cons

As the title states, you are reasonably accepted if you are on a task and billing with no issues. However, if you are on a task that needs anything but clocking in to work like hard decisions, or bad subs or anything out of the norm, then you are in for trouble with this company. Under those circumstances, they grow cold quick and you are on your own. There is no empathy, no support no plans to upright you, no team of fixers to surround you in support when the subs rebel.

Advice to Management

Make SRA and teh contracting life in general less of a meat market feeling. Dont hire people who have no office home, desk or form communication other than their government office. Don't leave people feeling like machines that are supposed to just figure out a way to navigate when a contract ends. Don't come in an hire former contractors from you competitors and expect good warm team experiences.

"Worst company I've ever worked for."

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There were some good people. They were some people that were just butts in seats to bill the government.

Cons

Absolute and total disregard for their employees. No career there, no trust and no appreciation.

4. "SAS Analyst"

I worked at SRA International full-time

Pros

Great work environment, fast paced but manager was willing to help out with technical issues when necessary.

Cons

The company was contract based for the CDC, so the work would often be staggered where we had periods that were very busy while others there was little work to do.

Advice to Management

Spread the contract work across a larger group of employees to conserve an even work-flow.

"Semi-Organized chaos"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect II in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect II in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good technical expertise, genuinely good people. Excellent new hire orientation. Good salaries at my level, excellent internal IT resources (if you never worked with incompetents, you can't appreciate this). Very strong customer orientation.

Cons

Some senior staff have never worked anywhere other than SRA, and there is a strong "this is how we've always done it mentality".

Significant staff shortages led to constant fire fighting, being assigned a task and barely starting before being pulled to work on a crisis, then pulled from that to work a bigger crisis, ad-infinitum. I was generally scheduled at 150% of availability, and others I knew were in worse shape.

Near constant internal reorganization, as different business elements competed for budget.

Frequent assignments at remote local offices required extensive commuting, mostly just to be visible when working.

Acquisition/ merger with CSC Federal has probably exacerbated many of these problems, and added new ones.

Advice to Management

Spend the funds, and staff up to match growth plans. There is a significant penalty in quality and performance when employees are required to multi-task so much, so often.

6. "A Caring Employer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at SRA International (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company gives employees the opportunities and necessary incentives to succeed. It places emphasis on skills while encouraging and assisting employees to sharpen their skills.

Cons

I cannot in good faith think of an important one.

Advice to Management

I will recommend the company to both rookies and seasoned veterans.

"Principal System Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time

Pros

Well compensated, flexible hours, training opportunities, great co-workers

Cons

monchromatic leadership, failing business model, business developers should not have oversight of existing business

Advice to Management

Encourage participation from broader spectrum of employees, Keep a line of separation between Business Developers seeking new business and Oversight of existing business, the reason for this is simple, these professionals should be evaluated on their merits to attract new business, not retool and descope existing contracts to offset their losses.

"SRA International"

Former Employee - Team Lead, EUCOM Customer Support Administrator in Moncks Corner, SC

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay - Great team of IT professionals working together.

Cons

Saw good leaders marginized and new one's hired to run the show. The new leads seem to screw things up pretty quickly.

Advice to Management

Seek first to promote from within.

"Data Services Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Data Services Operations Manager in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Data Services Operations Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work arrangements, sense of community in individual offices

Cons

Every two years a different venture capital company acquires us

10. "Senior Document Control Specialist"

Former Employee - Senior Document Control Specialist in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Document Control Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at SRA International (More than a year)

Pros

Good team to work for, good working hours, and pay, excellent management team● Write, review, or execute plans for testing new or established document management systems

Cons

I don't know any cons to this company