SRA International Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Lawrence B. Prior III

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • While I still loved the people that I worked closely with, upper management change which led to not so great changes within the company (in 24 reviews)

• Internal mobility seemed to be quite difficult unless your own business unit had other opportunities to move you to (in 10 reviews)

"Worst company I've ever worked for."

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There were some good people. They were some people that were just butts in seats to bill the government.

Cons

Absolute and total disregard for their employees. No career there, no trust and no appreciation.

"Not good"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at SRA International as a contractor

Pros

No good pros for this company

Cons

Micro management ,bad communication

3. "The unitended outcome of Ernst Volgenau's Vision"

Pros

Wonderful People, Great program operations

Cons

Let me count the ways.... SRA was a formidable company that I was truly proud to be a part of until the 2013/14/15 timeline. Enter in a number of organizational changes, very poor executive leadership and insecurity. I hardly think how SRA ended up was the vision of Ernst Volgenau, My experience left me with a view of many of the executive leadership to be less than stellar (and honest for that matter). While there are many wonderful people @ SRA, I saw a few individuals that were in significant power positions play their own version of survivor to get rid of any competition or anyone that challenged the line of thought. In the end, SRA was sold or "merged" with another company to form CSRA. Time will tell how that emerges but if the past is any indication, the future does not look so well at the hands of some of the leadership that was acquired.

"CSRA Retention Crisis - Ignore Pre-2016 Legacy SRA Reviews, No Longer Accurate"

Current Employee - Cyber Security Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Cyber Security Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The paycheck still clears. Good "stepping stone" job to get your foot in the industry. But as the title states, most of the positives about working for legacy SRA have disappeared with the inception of CSRA.

Cons

This company was going downhill on a snow sled for the past 5+ years or so, from what I heard from coworkers who have been with the company 10+ years. No pay raises for years now. If work-site is closed (snow days, etc) employees must use their Personal Time Off (PTO) hours. No sick leave. If you get sick, or have recurring medical appointments, you will not be taking a vacation this year, because you must use PTO. Pay and benefits have been in a downward trend for years now, but the drop became steep once SRA became CSRA. Pay for new hires and existing employees who by some chance are promoted to a higher pay-grade has decreased approximately 20% just since last year. The new company does not care at all about retaining quality personnel who have more than the bare minimum of education and experience, or who perform their duties above average. Employees are disposable, and CSRA does not reward loyalty. If you are just graduating college, this is a good company to get your foot in the industry door and move on after a year or so, but this is not a company to work for long term. Benefits and especially pay are below industry standards; salary is about 20% lower than even legacy SRA salaries. CEO Larry Prior stated in one of his all-hands meetings "We had to make some difficult decisions" in response to a question asking why pay and benefits were cut. Every one of these decisions has negatively impacted employees. CSRA is cannibalizing employee pay and benefits to artificially boost profit margins to make the company look more profitable on paper, and it is not a sustainable or rational business model. In the long term, this strategy is going to make the company implode. Right now, we are at the beginning of a recruitment and retention crisis. EVERYONE in my office is actively job hunting.

Advice to Management

Stop cannibalizing employee pay and benefits!

"Keep Looking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

coworkers are dedicated and hardworking, schedule is very flexible and can work at home or go into office. provide updated computer every three years and may provide phones for some employees.

Cons

Too much to mention. There are mostly cons, management is concerned about themselves and their goals and those who agree with anything they say. no trust.

Advice to Management

appreciate your employees. Be honest.

"There is no company loyalty"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Until my contract and background investigation with another company is complete, SRA pays me a salary.

Cons

Salaries are not in line with all other contracting firms. There remains bias and discrimination against women. SRA international demands loyalty from employees but provides none in return. Don't get a disabling disease and expect the company to do the right thing. You cost them money and they will find a way to get rid of you. In the 15 years I've worked at SRA I witnessed long time, ultra loyal employees become disabled with SRA providing no assistance to that employee who literally killed themselves on behalf of the company. Thousands of hours of overtime work, brutal hours and stress levels, all mean nothing to SRA management and bottom line profit and stock price. Employees should know this going into SRA and only give what is paid for and no more than that. Very unacceptable.

Advice to Management

Stop believing your own marketing. I am very involved in marketing and aware of the misleading images SRA projects -- to clients, employees, and the public. Profit drives everything.

"Still Second Rate Company"

Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you need a job then SRA is a paycheck, albeit not much of one. Move on as most employees do.

Cons

Second rate company. The company has grown in size but not stature.

Advice to Management

Loyalty to employees?

"Another bottom line driven body shop"

Pros

Friendly and helpful coworkers, efficient HR during hiring.

Cons

Cut throat, bottom line driven body shop. People were let go as soon as a contract changes, regardless of prior performance or contribution. There is no bench and no reassignment - people have two weeks to apply for a new position on another project, so their salaries would go down depending on the positions. Paid leave cannot accumulate more than 120 hours for most hires, so people lose paid leaves every week after they reach 120 hours - it is worse than not being able to carry to the next year.

9. "Logistics"

Former Contractor - Logistics Analyst in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Contractor - Logistics Analyst in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at SRA International as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you like travenging and you know the right people you can do traveling.

Cons

Poor management, low pay, bad benefits.

"SRA"

I worked at SRA International full-time

Pros

there was potential for growth if you were motivated, but ultimately it became about politics

Cons

it was a very political organization. This was a trending tendency over the 10 years I was there, didn't start that way

Advice to Management

they merged with CSC so not sure what management is left but take care of your people and keep them informed. Bad news is best told early.