SRA International Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lawrence B. Prior III

Pros
Cons
  • While I still loved the people that I worked closely with, upper management change which led to not so great changes within the company (in 24 reviews)

• The company was not well prepared for the merger with CSCGov and many of the positive features of SRA are no longer available (in 18 reviews)

1. "SAS Analyst"

I worked at SRA International full-time

Pros

Great work environment, fast paced but manager was willing to help out with technical issues when necessary.

Cons

The company was contract based for the CDC, so the work would often be staggered where we had periods that were very busy while others there was little work to do.

Advice to Management

Spread the contract work across a larger group of employees to conserve an even work-flow.

2. "Semi-Organized chaos"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect II in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect II in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good technical expertise, genuinely good people. Excellent new hire orientation. Good salaries at my level, excellent internal IT resources (if you never worked with incompetents, you can't appreciate this). Very strong customer orientation.

Cons

Some senior staff have never worked anywhere other than SRA, and there is a strong "this is how we've always done it mentality".

Significant staff shortages led to constant fire fighting, being assigned a task and barely starting before being pulled to work on a crisis, then pulled from that to work a bigger crisis, ad-infinitum. I was generally scheduled at 150% of availability, and others I knew were in worse shape.

Near constant internal reorganization, as different business elements competed for budget.

Frequent assignments at remote local offices required extensive commuting, mostly just to be visible when working.

Acquisition/ merger with CSC Federal has probably exacerbated many of these problems, and added new ones.

Advice to Management

Spend the funds, and staff up to match growth plans. There is a significant penalty in quality and performance when employees are required to multi-task so much, so often.

"Principal System Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time

Pros

Well compensated, flexible hours, training opportunities, great co-workers

Cons

monchromatic leadership, failing business model, business developers should not have oversight of existing business

Advice to Management

Encourage participation from broader spectrum of employees, Keep a line of separation between Business Developers seeking new business and Oversight of existing business, the reason for this is simple, these professionals should be evaluated on their merits to attract new business, not retool and descope existing contracts to offset their losses.

5. "A Caring Employer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at SRA International (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company gives employees the opportunities and necessary incentives to succeed. It places emphasis on skills while encouraging and assisting employees to sharpen their skills.

Cons

I cannot in good faith think of an important one.

Advice to Management

I will recommend the company to both rookies and seasoned veterans.

6. "Senior Document Control Specialist"

Former Employee - Senior Document Control Specialist in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Document Control Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at SRA International (More than a year)

Pros

Good team to work for, good working hours, and pay, excellent management team● Write, review, or execute plans for testing new or established document management systems

Cons

I don't know any cons to this company

7. "SRA International"

Former Employee - Team Lead, EUCOM Customer Support Administrator in Moncks Corner, SC

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay - Great team of IT professionals working together.

Cons

Saw good leaders marginized and new one's hired to run the show. The new leads seem to screw things up pretty quickly.

Advice to Management

Seek first to promote from within.

8. "Data Services Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Data Services Operations Manager in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Data Services Operations Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work arrangements, sense of community in individual offices

Cons

Every two years a different venture capital company acquires us

"Top Heavy Meat shop"

I have been working at SRA International full-time

Pros

acquiring federal contracts like collecting sea shells at the beatch.
    CSRA tends to leave you alone with the contracted customer.

Cons

Since SRA merged with CSC management has been even less concerned with their employees than they had before, which was pretty minimal.
    They've started playing games with reviews and salaries by perpetually delaying review time by 6 months, two years in a row now. Increases are niggardly and only give bonuses as a stop-gap retention.
    There seems to be a recent practice of promoting people to line and middle management who have absolutely no experience and less skill at managing, to backfill experienced staff leaving.

Advice to Management

lose the excessive top management and get real with your service delivery. Skilled employees make you money, not stuffed suits who do nothing but re-forward company wide emails.

"Downhill"

Pros

My work site had pretty decent middle management who cared about employees. The work was toward important and interesting missions.

Cons

Too much movement in being bought, merging, going private, back public. Extensive cuts to all areas of benefits for the last several years.

Advice to Management

Stick with a focus on making your employees and customers happy and away from proposal submission / win rates and business growth. Changing focus, direction, ownership and management just takes time and focus away from the work, so stop.

11. "SRA Review"

Former Employee - Expert Network Engineer in Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Expert Network Engineer in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at SRA International (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company and opportunity if they have work.

Cons

Merged with CSI a so-so company

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees. Create a better path to keep talented employees.