SRA International Reviews | Glassdoor

SRA International Reviews

Updated May 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • While I still loved the people that I worked closely with, upper management change which led to not so great changes within the company (in 24 reviews)

• The company was not well prepared for the merger with CSCGov and many of the positive features of SRA are no longer available (in 18 reviews)

"CSRA Retention Crisis - Ignore Pre-2016 Legacy SRA Reviews, No Longer Accurate"

Current Employee - Cyber Security Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Cyber Security Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The paycheck still clears. Good "stepping stone" job to get your foot in the industry. But as the title states, most of the positives about working for legacy SRA have disappeared with the inception of CSRA.

Cons

This company was going downhill on a snow sled for the past 5+ years or so, from what I heard from coworkers who have been with the company 10+ years. No pay raises for years now. If work-site is closed (snow days, etc) employees must use their Personal Time Off (PTO) hours. No sick leave. If you get sick, or have recurring medical appointments, you will not be taking a vacation this year, because you must use PTO. Pay and benefits have been in a downward trend for years now, but the drop became steep once SRA became CSRA. Pay for new hires and existing employees who by some chance are promoted to a higher pay-grade has decreased approximately 20% just since last year. The new company does not care at all about retaining quality personnel who have more than the bare minimum of education and experience, or who perform their duties above average. Employees are disposable, and CSRA does not reward loyalty. If you are just graduating college, this is a good company to get your foot in the industry door and move on after a year or so, but this is not a company to work for long term. Benefits and especially pay are below industry standards; salary is about 20% lower than even legacy SRA salaries. CEO Larry Prior stated in one of his all-hands meetings "We had to make some difficult decisions" in response to a question asking why pay and benefits were cut. Every one of these decisions has negatively impacted employees. CSRA is cannibalizing employee pay and benefits to artificially boost profit margins to make the company look more profitable on paper, and it is not a sustainable or rational business model. In the long term, this strategy is going to make the company implode. Right now, we are at the beginning of a recruitment and retention crisis. EVERYONE in my office is actively job hunting.

Advice to Management

Stop cannibalizing employee pay and benefits!

"Senior Member of the Professional Staff"

Former Employee - Member of the Senior Professional Staff in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Member of the Senior Professional Staff in Arlington, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time

Pros

--Competent co-workers.
    --Potential of interesting work.
    --Medium to good benefits.
    --Depending on the project, ability to telework.

Cons

--Lack of training unless you are on a project or project-to-be requiring the latest and greatest.
    --Unless one is well connected with Management, you will be hung out to dry when a project ends.
    --Employee's increasing share of health care premium.
    --Employee reviews were ridiculous, especially when upper Management provided guidelines as to what overall %s it wanted employees to fall into.

Advice to Management

--Stop bidding the proposals so low - putting employees out of work.
    --Allocate more funds for training employees.

3. "Better Than Most"

Current Employee - Expert, Cyberarchitecture in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Expert, Cyberarchitecture in Washington, DC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SRA is a better company than most companies I've worked for. The benefits are very good and their career development opportunities are good as well.

Cons

If you like personalized attention you might not get any because it is rather a big company.

4. "Decent"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst II in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst II in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and the leadership keeps you informed.

Cons

Salaries are lower than market values so pay could be better seems like they CEO or higher ups keep a good portion of the contract amounts. Also no holiday bonuses or recognition of birthdays or such.

Advice to Management

Salaries more competitive with market.

"Caring corporate culture dissolved"

Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International (Less than a year)

Pros

Salaries commensurate with the market. In my 10 year-plus tenure with SRA, my salary nearly doubled. In-house training opportunities, in addition to online training, were available most of the time. The career counseling and placement team known as "Pathways" was really good. The team worked very hard to help employees at end-of-assignment find new opportunities.

Cons

The company was not well prepared for the merger with CSCGov and many of the positive features of SRA are no longer available.

Advice to Management

Remember that the people are the magic behind the services offered to customers. Treat them well and they will be loyal.

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High quality company, enjoy the people and management

Cons

Uncertainty as the merger with CSC continues

Advice to Management

Try to retain the positive aspects of SRA culture

7. "Company Merged, no longer SRA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company, family oriented (work/life balance), good benefits, management listened and enjoyed getting suggestions/feedback on how to do things better.

Focused on promoting a healthy, active work environment.

Cons

Company merged, no longer SRA.

"Great while it lasted!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It was a great company founded by a great man and run by a great team of people who valued their employees and their customers. I watched the company grow from 1200 to over 7000 employees. I watched the company go from private, to public, to private, to acquired.

Cons

Unfortunately, with something so great, others want a piece of it and try to duplicate the success but lack the heart to actually do it. Everything changes and now the company of SRA no longer exists. You may see the name out there, but its not the same as before.

Advice to Management

Thanks for a great experience. I wish all past leaders and employees all the best.

9. "Nice place to work."

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Several positions are always available for career growth. I worked with your managers throughout my career to proceed and I was very successful.

Cons

Career progression is possible but you need to have a strong internal network to proceed. So if you're new to the company, it's a longer process to promotion but it's still possible.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on the internal hiring process, faster reviews and feedback to the submitter in a timely manner.

10. "ISSA"

Current Employee - Senior Cyber Security Analyst in Scott Air Force Base, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Cyber Security Analyst in Scott Air Force Base, IL

Pros

I feel the leadership tried to be fair with the employees.

Cons

It would seem that the base contract was impossible to meet and be fair to employees. The contract vehicles need to be changed. Instead of lowest bid they should be best quality for the cost. I am not a contract person, but whatever that terminology is.

Advice to Management

Remember that the worker bees must be happy. They are your face to the customer. I didn't feel connected to the top level. The middle layer was not very good at relaying messages. Probably because they were too busy doing work. We needed more help.