SS&C Advent Employee Reviews about "bay area"
Updated Jul 21, 2021
Found 5 of over 429 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about SS&C Advent? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with SS&C Advent employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "The people there are great." (in 59 reviews)
- "Great work/life balance and very receptive" (in 49 reviews)
- "Advent Software's culture is great and the people you work with are industry experts." (in 37 reviews)
- "Benefits are great!" (in 26 reviews)
- "Most of colleagues are friendly." (in 10 reviews)
- "Awful management" (in 20 reviews)
- "The pay could be better." (in 14 reviews)
- "Managers have a passive" (in 12 reviews)
- "Senior Management is destructive to the company." (in 8 reviews)
- "Not the most competitive salaries or raises compared to other established tech companies in the SF Bay Area." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of SS&C Advent and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "bay area"Return to all Reviews
- Former Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★
Used to be a fantastic place to workJan 19, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Nice people, interesting job challenges and overall good benefits.
Since SS&C acquisition of Advent the great 'Bay Area' culture that there used to be in the old days has now disappeared and since then a lot of people have left. Several managers might have good technical skills but are incompetent in managing people.Continue reading
Thank you for your review of SS&C Advent. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to fill this out. With this past year, we have learned a lot as a company and will continue to strive to maintain and increase our SS&C Advent culture.
- Former Employee★★★★★
Tech co in SF that allows a work life balanceApr 8, 2015 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Advent was one of the best companies I have worked for. Unlike a lot of tech jobs in the Bay Area it allowed me to have a good work/life balance, they didn't expect crazy hours every week (though, of course, there were busy times when I put in a lot of hours). The work atmosphere was good, for the most part, more supportive than many similar companies, and there was good opportunity for advancement.
There were a few departments in the company that had lousy front line management. These were mostly the exception, but if you ended up in one of these departments the experience could be vastly different than the positive experience I had.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
CS Role ReviewJul 21, 2021 - Client Support Specialist in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great team culture and atmosphere with support from more senior teammates. There is a dog friendly and down to earth office environment with flexibility to work from home.
Not the most competitive salaries or raises compared to other established tech companies in the SF Bay Area.
- Current Employee★★★★★
Low moraleJan 14, 2017 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Few talented people still working here but may not in the near future. - Teammates are friendly and a few are intelligent. - ROWE for some teams.
- Extremely low morale. - Cost cutting has grappled benefits and compensation. - Be ready to do someone else's job because they left the company or are incompetent. You can consider this as a pro if you want to learn something. - Very few intelligent people left in the company. - Advent is a perfect example on how to run a good organization into the ground. - If you are looking for free catered breakfast/lunch that almost all other companies provide in the Bay Area, this may not be the place for you.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Great culture but slow in bringing in cutting edge tech !Jun 11, 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great culture - very nice people to work with. Relaxed atmosphere and lot of freedom to focus on interesting projects and volunteer for something that could add value like prototypes, performance, technical debt etc. Working with people who have decades of programming experience is a plus and most of them are good to work with.
1> Very slow in bringing cutting edge technologies and too far behind with the current industry trends. Lots and lots of projects and time spent on performance oriented projects, technical debt (I work on a product which is 25+ years and still doesnt have support to go on the cloud !) 2> Salary + bonuses + benefits barely makes the top 40 or 50% of the companies in the bay area I guess ! The investment industry is not so competitive in terms of wrestling time to market timelines and feature sets, so the company has a lot of time on their hands to focus on prioritized efforts. Some old folks are snarky, old school kinds and dont gel very well or work well as a team. I mostly work in isolation and not very collaboratively - something that I dont find to be healthy !Continue reading
SS&C Advent Response
Hello, we would like to thank you for the pros in your review and would like to apologize for the cons. We would love to learn more about your specific situation and make things right. If you wouldn't mind, can you talk to your manager at your earliest convenience? We look forward to speaking with you and working to increase your pros!
SS&C Advent Response