SS&C Reviews | Glassdoor

SS&C Reviews

Updated May 20, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Work Life Balance and Career Opportunities (in 17 reviews)

• Casual dress code, laptop to work from home (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • You need to be patient and calm to juggle different things at the same time and if you have this you can have a work life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management will not listen to any sensible feedback to improve client/employee satisfaction (in 24 reviews)

"Not an awful new grad job..."

Former Employee - Associate in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Associate in Evansville, IN

I worked at SS&C full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were the best part about the job. Their facilities, at least at my Location were very nice. Eh.

Cons

I never felt like I was utilizing my degree. Even some of the accountants I worked with felt the same way. It was like pulling teeth to get my manager to train me on new things and it would often get pushed aside. Starting pay is way too low and raises aren't that significant.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate starting pay and relationships between managers and employees should be more critical. Hopefully you'll figure out how to retain new grads longer.

"RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!"

Current Employee - Administrative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative in New York, NY

I have been working at SS&C full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Close to Grand Central Station .

Cons

If you enjoy working in a sweat shop, with no breaks during the day and working nights and weekends, well this is certainly the place for you! There is no training, one is expected to learn by osmosis.  The work is unlike anything I have ever experienced in my career.

It's a place where you sink or swim, and trust me you will sink...fast!  Who wouldn't when you have concrete shoes attached to your feet!

The sales people are nasty and will eat their young just for a snack.  Bullying is the norm, certain individuals have no filter.  There are no consequences for bad behavior by your fellow co-worker.  This company is toxic! I could not get out of that fine establishment fast enough! I wondered why there were so many job openings, well now I know why.   They pay reasonably well but frankly I rather make less and have a sense of accomplishment and well being at the end of the day.  What good is it to make a decent wage if one is miserable and cannot take the time to enjoy it?  Come March 15th the flood gates will open, after bonuses are paid there will be a mass exodus.

I encourage you to heed my warning,  had I given thoughtful consideration to the comments posted I would have never left my previous job.  I encourage you to think long and hard before you leave your job, anything is better than this... even unemployment!

Advice to Management

Leave your office every once in a while, take a walk around the floor. Make yourself visable.

"National Territory Manager"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SS&C full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big company, great benefits, opportunity for growth

Cons

I work at a field office, so I haven't had the chance to meet too many people from the corporate office

"Associate manager"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at SS&C full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many people can work remotely some days per week

Cons

People are generally unhappy and overworked

"Horrible Place to work at"

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Century City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Century City, CA

I worked at SS&C full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wish there were pros to share

Cons

Inept management, high turnover, long hours is the norm

"Private Equity Fund Accountant"

Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Evansville, IN

Pros

The company has excellent technology, controls, a vast amount of resources and many knowledgeable professionals. I had the opportunity to work with various departments and different types of clients. It was great exposure and experience.

Cons

SS&C starts you out at a salary that is so low that it is almost insulting and tries to keep you at that level for as long as you will tolerate it. The difference between the best and worst employees "performance based" bonuses and raises is marginal at best. I honestly would have stayed with the company longer if they paid a decent salary. I enjoyed the team I worked with but ultimately struggled to support a comfortable lifestyle. I was very close to a promotion when I chose to make a lateral move to another company, which should say a lot about the culture there.

Advice to Management

Identify the employees that really could have a bright future with the company and take care of them. I cannot imagine how much resources the company spends hiring and training new employees because turnover is through the roof.

"PC Systems Analyst"

Current Employee - PC Systems Analyst in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - PC Systems Analyst in Evansville, IN

I have been working at SS&C full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, with opportunities to work on projects.

Cons

Little opportunity over advancement within the IT department. Pay is not on par with the industry.

"Could be so much better"

Current Employee - Investor Relations Associate in Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Investor Relations Associate in Windsor, CT

I have been working at SS&C full-time

Pros

Decent wage for entry-level work
    Good people
    Free Bagels? So little is good

Cons

Unclear structure
    Slow raises/ snail pace reviews that make no sense
    Inexperienced managers
    Terrible work/life balance

Advice to Management

Put people with college degrees in management positions. Keep your promises to employees. Do not shroud the review/eval process in such mystery.

"sink or swim.. and you will sink"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrison, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrison, NY

I worked at SS&C full-time

Pros

free pastries and bagels on Fridays. Casual attire allowed.

Cons

Inconsistent schedules leading to more late days than you wish to work. No direction or proper training for your role. The office culture is toxic, filled with mean girls and office bullies. Sink or swim is the motto. There's insane pressure set to impress mgmt leading to ridiculous expectations that you have to meet. Hardly any socializing is made among staff. Work/life balanced not in favor of new hires, unless you prove yourself over an undetermined amount of time, for 'soft' benefits (i.e. leaving early or working remotely). Technology is sub-standard and makes tedious work, more difficult. High turn-overs with this office.

There's job security if you can withstand the negativity. Good place for college grads with no experience.

Advice to Management

Be cognizant of the mgmt who represent you. They are the reason why you have such high turn overs

"Decent Company that's getting worse"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at SS&C full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Stable.

Cons

Few good people do a bulk of the work. Promotions are not based on merit. Penny wise pound foolish.

Advice to Management

Reward the performers better or they will leave.