SSCH+W Reviews | Glassdoor

SSCH+W Reviews

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

Pros

Great creative staff to work with.

Cons

Long hours due to lack of planning.

Advice to Management

Better training for younger staff

2. "Once great, now gone"

Former Freelancer - Freelance Copywriter in New York, NY
    Former Freelancer - Freelance Copywriter in New York, NY

I worked at SSCH+W (Less than a year)

Pros

At its peak Saatchi Healthcare was booming or at least appeared to be. We won new business, we delivered to existing clients, creativity flourished and there was energy. Granted it was heterosexual white male-dominated, but not totally. It was a great incubator for ideas and a place to learn the ropes.

Cons

I am not sure when, why, or how things started to fall apart, but the agency started losing clients and staff, went through layoffs, and kept condensing its physical space down to nothing. This created a sense of desperation so that over-promising of impossible deliverables to clients increased to the point of insanity.

Advice to Management

The damage has already been done, and whomever kept Saatchi Wellness going must have done many things right. Perhaps the best of these was to separate themselves from the HCP shop as much as possible.

"Good till it was bad"

Pros

The brand name, the location,

Cons

The business was not thriving and diminished significantly from at 35 million agency to 10 million

Advice to Management

Hang on to good people, which means sharing the wealth.

"A lot of restructuring"

Current Employee - Group Copy Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Group Copy Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at SSCH+W full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for those with ambition

Cons

job stress related to shifting work environment

"Great environment and people but be prepared to work advertising hours"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at SSCH+W full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment, great people, able to use creativity, work as patient advocates and help people, and

Cons

The hours are long and the appreciation factor for good work done is low. Currently on a promotion and raise freeze so it is difficult to advance within the company.

Advice to Management

Promote from within and hire at lower levels

6. "Great creative support."

Former Employee - Art Supervisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Art Supervisor in New York, NY

Pros

Great creative budgets to work with. Physically a nice office building to work in.

Cons

Poor environment and process to develop innovative ideas and solutions.

Advice to Management

Be more business and strategic minded to be leaders in industry for the client's sake.

7. "Great place"

Former Employee - Account Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Director in New York, NY

Pros

People, work , client were all very great. I find Saatchi Healthcare to be very professional. Highly recommend working there.

Cons

Can't think of anything negative. There has been lots of changes going on so no one knows much about what the future holds.

Advice to Management

I dont have any advice or feedback to leadership at the moment. let's hope they continue winning new business in order to grow.

"A good place for Creative Pharma."

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

Strong efforts are made to bring about GOOD creative work and to push the envelope, however, this always proves difficult in the Pharma industry. The people are amazing, friendly, supportive and amusing. Your relationships with your coworkers is about more than work. I've made some life long friends here, that no doubt I will work with again, further down the line. The building is prestigious, and the area is great. There used to be a good work hard, play hard culture here, but the play hard portion seems to have diminished in recent months. DTC Agency of the Year for the past few years.

Cons

We work very long hours, in my experience this is due to management's inability to say 'no' to the client, making every project a fire drill. Despite our efforts, we receive little to no appreciation from management. We don't even get perks - pizza in the lobby does not count and $100 Amex cards for junior employees is just insulting. Senior Management is very isolated, and while they claim to be making work-life changes, life remains the same. My major issue here is their reluctance to promote, this may be a result of the economy, but it does little for the already low employee morale.

Advice to Management

Keep your minions in the loop! Show appreciation, we work our butts off for you. Elevate those that prove worthy.

"It's decent"

Pros

If your boss likes you and fights for you, you'll be taken care of. Also, it's small enough to have a family feel. The creative is ok, though the creatives are great.

Cons

Account services is run awfully, no one asks questions or educates the client so you're often spinning your wheels for nothing. Also, communication is awful throughout.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on making people feel valued a bit more.