SSI Group Programmer Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2015

Found 2 reviews

1.0
James M. Lyons

"Could be something, but run by small minded good ol' boys"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Mobile, AL

I worked at SSI Group

Pros

If you want to live in Mobile, AL (would have to have family there) you can do that and make some pocket change here.

Cons

Everyone in control is an absolute idiot. The people at the bottom are the most talented, intelligent people and are never given a chance to prosper because the people at the top are all hacks and worried about being replaced. Smart is the enemy.

Advice to Management

Russian roulete, alone. You only need to play 6 rounds!

SSI Group2015-03-31

"By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Do not work for this company the culture and management are horrible."

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Mobile, AL

I worked at SSI Group

Pros

I cannot even think of any positives to include here, the health benefits were good but you paid for them.

Cons

This company works in VB6, really? Yes really. Their software is poor quality, no documentation, management have some real issues between the different departments in turn this creates power play inside political drama. Everyone works under a lot of stress thinking they could be fired due to all of the layoffs 160 + when I left. The senior employees are miserable and they rely on them for training because "we no longer...

Advice to Management

Grow up, your unhappiness is infectious and affects everyone around you. The reason why many do not leave is because they have families and houses in the area and they do not want to uproot their family. Provide the needed resources for newly hired employees and invest in them as you should, SSI owes that responsibility to their employees.

SSI Group2015-03-24