SSPR Assistant Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

SSPR Assistant Account Executive Reviews

Updated Nov 6, 2014

Found 2 reviews

3.3
SSPR CEO 	Heather Kelly (no image)
Heather Kelly

"A wonderful place to start your career"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive

I have been working at SSPR full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've interned at a few PR firms but nothing compares to the hands-on training I got from the moment I joined the SSPR team. The people who work here are some of the most dedicated, hardworking, driven, kindest you'll ever meet. Great company culture - they understand that this is a stressful industry so they take steps to make sure that their employees are happy. Company lunches, snacks, and rewards and incentives... for doing your job well are some nice perks.

Cons

Very media relations-centric firm. If you came here looking to write news releases or press kits, better look to another firm because most of the writing you'll be doing at SSPR is pitch oriented. SSPR's persistent approach toward media relations is successful but it has definitely irritated some journalists. Also, you'll be working more than 40+ hours a week... be warned. But that's the nature of this industry.

Advice to Management

Intern salaries are a little low by industry standards Emphasize the importance of relationship-building with media relations, not just mass-emailing reporters

SSPR2014-11-07

"Be careful who you can trust."

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive

I worked at SSPR full-time

Pros

The company was always very excellent about making sure they compensated their interns any overtime. Also, having the opportunity to work with different media outlets was always very exciting.

Cons

The training for the position was merely a joke - and for anyone who touched on micromanaging, was dead on accurate. The staff was mostly unprofessional, including the CEO who had a habit of belittling his employees. The turnover was extremely high and everyone was out for themselves. Good luck!

Advice to Management

I think this company is pretty much set in their ways and I don't see anything improving.

SSPR2013-09-04