Cover image for STE CONSULTANTS

3.7
STE CONSULTANTS President and Founder Sarah Trautman-Eslinger
Sarah Trautman-Eslinger

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "My supervisors were great and helped me stay in the field(in 4 reviews)
  • "Adequate training and support.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Flexible

May 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible position with limited skillset required. Adequate training and support.

Cons

Main office is far from serviced areas.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Small, kind, but messy company

Jul 12, 2022 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great supervisors, good effort for connecting staff (non-center based ABA can be very isolating for BTs!), very supportive during the initial learning curve for new staff.

Cons

No pay even for same day client cancellations, poor communication of schedules, families of clients do have personal numbers for direct staff.

3. Join the STE CONSULTANTS team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Overworked, underpaid.

Jul 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best for entry level positions. The kids are sweet and you can make your sessions filled with playing

Cons

- Total disregard for the mental health of their employees even though they wanted to say they supported us with them - More disregard how much you have to drive from client to client (once had a caseload from El Cerrito to Fremont) - Severely overworked and severely underpaid if you are mid level staff - Very difficult climate for Black staff— from the families you may serve to mgmt

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

May 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great place to work

Cons

I do not have any to report

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

BT

Jul 21, 2021 - Behavior Technician in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Get to work with great families & clients

Cons

No ways to make up hours

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

liked it

Jun 25, 2021 - Behavior Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

clients we worked with were the best

Cons

training happens on the spot.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company until recent HR changes

Aug 14, 2020 - Behavior Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the work I did and the clients I had. Flexible scheduling and helped me get through school.

Cons

Changes in HR and they interactions with field staff. No room for growth without Masters.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

About the company

Aug 20, 2020 - Staff Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and good management

Cons

I had good time at it, no negative experience

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

I have never learned more than I did with STE. Life-changing work, I found a passion I didn't know I had!

Oct 9, 2014 - Senior Lead Therapist in Oakland, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learning opportunities, including college program partnerships Room for staff feedback, once you have proven yourself an asset Intensive training on key pieces of behavior analysis Very high quality programs and passionate staff Academic/scientific approach...data-driven Making a real difference! Contrary to the other reviewer (having worked in other comparative settings) I think STE is highly organized where it matters: training staff up to be more independent, semi-standardized program development for each kid, a system where you do not need to make your own specialized visuals (this can take up a lot of your time).

Cons

Can be difficult and intimidating to learn at first Environment can be competitive A work culture that expects a lot of motivation and energy (this could be good or bad depending on your interests).

6 people found this review helpful
  11. 2.0
    Current Employee

Sweet and sour

Feb 14, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

HR is friendly during the hiring process. Clinical directors that I have worked with have been amazing and beyond inspiring. The job duties and supervision provided is great for gaining skills. They pride themselves in hiring the best and offer trainings to continue bettering employees. Company offers retention bonus up to 30 hrs when waiting for hours due to a case ending.

Cons

You might get hired and wait (unpaid) for months before clients are actually assigned to you. If you don't advocate for yourself for a retention bonus, they won't willingly support you. HR often ignore important emails. Company culture is filled with false promises. HR is not always transparent with employees. Financial support is not always offered to employees when clients are not available to fulfill weekly hours (even during frequent client cancellations). Employees may then find themselves working less than 10hrs a week for months. Coworkers have told me that HR has a habit of placing certain private calls on speaker phone while discussing important matters. This company has no bonuses given freely to reward employee hard work during the holidays.

3 people found this review helpful

STE CONSULTANTS Response

Director of Recruiting

Firstly, thank you so much for submitting such an honest review of your experiences working at STE Consultants. The work that you do is highly valued and is making a difference, not only for our clients, but for their families as well! We are thrilled to hear that you love our staff and Clinical Directors (we do, too!). In response to your review, there are a few things we would like to clarify: The majority of our staff work in the field and we respect the limited nature of their time; as a result, the HR Director occasionally conducts a phone meeting with either the staff’s direct supervisor or the HR coordinator to bring about a quicker resolution to any issue that our staff may note. We are hyper-aware of the sensitive nature of staff information and only include other parties (i.e. staff direct supervisor/ HR coordinator) when the situation merits it. Speakerphone can be used in these meetings, but always behind closed doors and never without alerting the staff of the other situationally relevant individuals in the room. Maintaining confidentiality of both client and staff information is our top priority. Always. Unfortunately, we cannot prevent families from cancelling sessions in which they participate. We do, however, have policies in place to support our families’ attendance. We understand that the consistency of the services that we provide is not only key to the growth of each and every client, but also critical to our staff’s wellbeing. We have programs in place for our staff who may experience a sudden or significant loss in hours. We also provide opportunities for our staff to substitute and work in other capacities. Given that the majority of our team work in the field, we rely on our staff to communicate with us openly so that we can provide the support needed.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews
</>Embed

STE CONSULTANTS Reviews FAQs

STE CONSULTANTS has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 38 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at STE CONSULTANTS to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, STE CONSULTANTS employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at STE CONSULTANTS. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

72% of STE CONSULTANTS employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated STE CONSULTANTS 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at STE CONSULTANTS to be coworkers, management, career development and the cons to be culture, benefits, compensation.