STONE Resource Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
David Sergile

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This is a great company to work for (in 10 reviews)

• great, friendly work environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no cons for this company (in 10 reviews)

• This is not your normal 9-5 job (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at STONE Resource Group full-time

Pros

The potential to earn a lot of money is there. Like anything worth it, it is hard work!

Cons

Hard work, but well worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "STONE is like an addict - you like them as people but oppose every decision they make"

I worked at STONE Resource Group full-time

Pros

I learned a ton from management's countless missteps and failures. I learned what not to do when I am in a position of leadership ie) Micromanagement, treating employees and subordinates as lesser people and borderline trash and restructuring the commission structure on previously closed but unpaid business.

Cons

Lack of training, lack of guidance, lack of empathetic leadership, lack of trust (the majority of these previous ratings were purchased in one manner or another), lack of processes, the fact your work ethic is questioned unless you work 60 hour weeks (even if you hit quota)...

Advice to Management

Stop being so damn arrogant - being on Inc 5000 for a few years makes you a varsity high school team and when is the last time you've seen a high school team beat up on Lebron James and the Cavs? Acknowledge your faults and ask for transparent feedback then act upon that to change your sweatshop culture - you don't know it all and you haven't "made it" considering your competitions CEO owns a professional football team (The Ravens).

3. "Tech Recruiter"

I worked at STONE Resource Group full-time

Pros

Great company to work for!!! I loved it

Cons

The hours are expected beyond the 8-5

"Technical Recruiter"

I worked at STONE Resource Group full-time

Pros

They have some pretty cool perks like happy hour and a massage therapist that comes in once a month. Besides that not a whole lot.

Cons

I really don't know where to begin. For starters the jobs they have either fall off or have no manager contact. I spent most of my time unknowingly working on dead ends that never produced anything. Account management is a joke for the most part and they dont keep anyone long enough to be a decent recruiter. From the looks of linked-in that has not changed. I closed a deal we had been working on for months and they fired me the same day. All because the Owner said I did not have the work ethic to hack recruiting and he was upset I left at 5:30pm one day. I was a recruiter for over 4 years, showed up early, stayed late, and never had any issues making money or with management. Unless you get lucky at stone you will not make any money. Working at stone was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. It ruined recruiting for me. I would strongly advise against working here. Its pretty much a sweat shop for recruiters. They will bring you in, burn you out, and let you go. Very fake environment and I do not know how they stay in business.

Be very careful if you decide to work here.

Advice to Management

Change your culture, change your attitude and how you treat people. Stop disrespecting your employees then threatening them with probation periods where if they don't meet unrealistic goals then firing them(I was never on one of these for the record). David, You were the absolute worst. Also, stop using Glassdoor for internal competitions. Yes, management held a contest where employees were encouraged to write reviews on Glassdoor for prizes. Some of the reviews on here may be true, but most are not.

5. "Not enough comission"

Pros

unlimited paid time off

Cons

you wont make as much commission as they originally tell you

6. "Great Culture"

I have been working at STONE Resource Group full-time

Pros

STONE has invested a lot of time and effort into creating a great work environment. Everybody is hard-working, dedicated, and enthusiastic. Tons of incentives, daily competitions, and constant feedback really drive everybody to do their best. When the CEO and President sit at desks right in an open office with everybody from the senior account managers, to the most junior recruiters, it really makes you feel like you're working for someone who cares and is willing to invest as much in you as you are in them. There is endless opportunity for growth and promotion within the company.

Cons

This isn't a con for me, but hard work is absolutely expected. Everybody is here before 8 and leaves well after 5. Constant engagement by top level management may be a con to some as well, as there is constant collaboration. This isn't the place for someone that wants to work without interacting with others in the office.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I'm incredibly happy here. I look forward to finding a path to grow within the company everyday.

7. "Great Company!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

- Fun work environment
     - Room for growth
     - Recognition and rewards for performance
     - Flexibility

Cons

Nothing negative about STONE Resource.

Advice to Management

Nothing

8. "Couldn't have asked for a better experience"

Pros

-Being greeted when I first walked in was a great experience.
    -Everyone was really helpful and answered all of my questions.
    -Treated like a friend not a transaction

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"technical recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Roswell, GA

I have been working at STONE Resource Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company
    Positive vibes
    Work hard/play hard environment
    Effective coaching strategy
    Big on respect
    open minded about different opinions

Cons

energy in the building could use a little boost.
    no casual fridays

10. "Great and Seamless Placement"

Pros

Was contacted by STONE for a placement and couldn't have had a quicker and cleaner placement via a recruitment firm. Met multiple times with Stone to discuss potential placement and was placed within 3 weeks of first contact.

Cons

I have no cons for Stone

Advice to Management

Reward those who are great at their job. All the people I dealt with at Stone were great and I wish them the best.