Found 155 of over 164 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The management is also very supportive and cooperative." (in 14 reviews)
- "There are always new opportunities for us and I’ve never been more excited about working somewhere." (in 10 reviews)
- "Collaborative teams ensure a seamless blend of ideas and execution, where everyone’s voice matters." (in 10 reviews)
- "• Dynamic and creative people with lots of enthusiasm." (in 10 reviews)
- "The work schedule is flexible with lots of opportunities." (in 7 reviews)
- "One of the most frustrating aspects of working here was the lack of qualified and experienced managers due to toxic politics." (in 7 reviews)
- 5.0Nov 25, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
My time with STX Entertainment has been a deep dive into the heart of creative storytelling and film production. The opportunity to collaborate with talented professionals has broadened my perspective on the entertainment industry. The company values fresh ideas and gives employees a platform to bring their creative visions to life. Networking opportunities with industry insiders have been invaluable for my personal career growth.
You may have to deal with long hours due to production deadlines.
- 5.0Nov 16, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
STX Entertainment is experiencing rapid growth, which translates into a plethora of work and career opportunities for its employees. This fast-paced growth keeps the work environment dynamic and engaging. Employees have the chance to tackle diverse tasks and projects, making each day different from the last.
Employees may face high expectations due to the company's growth
- 5.0Oct 27, 2023MarketingCurrent Employee
Working at STX Entertainment feels like being at the heart of the entertainment world. Each day brings diverse film and media projects, pushing our creativity to new heights. Collaborative teams ensure a seamless blend of ideas and execution, where everyone’s voice matters. The dynamic work environment keeps us engaged, while company initiatives prioritize our skill development and well-being.
You have to take care of extreme tight deadlines sometimes.
- 5.0Nov 6, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
It’s a creative environment and my colleagues are very talented. It’s a pleasure working with them. Management provides good motivation and direction, they maintain an open-door policy and encourage our feedback. It’s a vibrant and upbeat work atmosphere overall.
So far I haven’t encountered any notable cons.
- 5.0Oct 19, 2023AnonymousCurrent EmployeeBurbank, CA
Working at STX is akin to being part of a dynamic, ever-evolving movie set. The range of projects ensures every day is unique. The environment is brimming with creativity, fostering an atmosphere where ideas flow freely. Teams are collaborative, ensuring projects are both innovative and top-notch. Regular feedback sessions help in personal and professional growth, while occasional movie screenings keep the fun element alive.
High-pressure releases can lead to demanding schedules.
- 1.0Nov 6, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBurbank, CA
Nothing is good about this workplace. Nothing is even okay. I had a bad experience that I will mention below.
The work schedules were awful here. I had to work insane and brutal hours just to keep the management happy. It was ridiculous to be expected to work at a high pace all the time and take tons of work stress. It led to terrible health issues and made me regret my choice of working here.
- 5.0Oct 11, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
It’s a fast-paced environment with a dynamic and passionate team. There’s ample opportunities for horizontal and vertical growth. Overall working here is a great opportunity to develop professionally.
So far no major cons have come up for me.
- 2.0Oct 16, 2023AnonymousFormer Employee, less than 1 yearBurbank, CA
If you are a creative person, you might like working here for a while. Just don't have high hopes for the future
The work ambiance here is the worst. No one is a friend, and everybody is fake and your enemy. People lie blatantly and are ready to blame you when something goes wrong. It's terrible to be a part of the blame games. BEWARE!
- 5.0Sep 14, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
There’s a lot of flexibility. As the company grows there are multiple areas where you have the opportunity to train and learn more in. They have regular employee events to show their appreciation for our hard work and the team is friendly.
Nothing major has stood out to me as a con.
- 5.0Sep 7, 2023MarketingCurrent Employee
Being a part of STX Entertainment is like taking a masterclass in storytelling daily. The collaborative atmosphere nurtures creativity and encourages pushing the boundaries of entertainment. The company has garnered industry respect, which makes our work even more rewarding. Leadership values diverse perspectives, making for a rich, fulfilling career.
I don’t think I have found any issues working here.
STX Entertainment Reviews FAQs
STX Entertainment has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 164 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at STX Entertainment to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
84% of STX Entertainment employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated STX Entertainment 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.