SThree Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
SThree CEO Gary Elden
Gary Elden

Pros
  • Work life balance is however depends on how you manage your time with desired results (in 9 reviews)

• really strong growth potential and ability to make a lot of money in your first year (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the "dream scenario" with work life balance (in 14 reviews)

• You are constantly micro-managed about everything (in 10 reviews)

1. "Awesome Experience"

Pros

Had 2 bosses, both were great and super helpful. Wanted to make sure I had a very positive learning experience.

Cons

One of my bosses was in London, so working remotely with the time difference was difficult.

2. "A life changing experience"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at SThree full-time

Pros

The highest of focus around learning and development, to ensure training is of the highest level.
    Ambitious and motivated staff throughout the company.
    Incredibly rewarding from a person and business perspective.
    Loyal and supportive of people who have the right behavior.
    I have worked in the UK, the Netherlands and now the United States, not many companies can offer such incredible opportunities. I have learnt throughout the journey and have made many mistakes but so many reasons for why I am pro is because the company stood by me because I always wanted to do the right things for both the business and the people I work for.

Cons

There will always be a couple of bad eggs, but every company has this.
    Otherwise none

Advice to Management

Even as a Director with the company for over 15 years we can always improve. However the management understand that and continuously improve to increase their chance for success

SThree Response

Apr 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review! It is always great to hear your feedback on the fantastic opportunities our employees are given -- to live and work internationally being one of many. We look forward to ... More

3. "consultant"

I have been working at SThree full-time

Pros

Good managers that make it great

Cons

getting promoted takes a while

"Great Learning Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SThree (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming into Specialist Staffing Group, I knew absolutely nothing about sales or recruitment. The team I worked on did everything in their power to get me training and help me understand the new role I was playing. The people are always genuine, upbeat and more thank willing to help out the interns who ask for it. Other members on other teams in the office also went above and beyond to help me with class projects and excelling in the business. Training was always an option and even the managers were more than willing to sit down and talk through strategies to succeed.

Cons

Since I didn't know anything going in, sometimes the work load felt a little daunting but all in all, working at SThree has been an amazing experience.

"SThree Internship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Had the opportunity to work like a regular employee as opposed to just doing stereotypical intern things. There were clear goals set and training was given to enable me to meet and exceed those goals. Great office culture that allowed me to feel very welcome. I was able to interact with everyone in the office, including the VP.

Cons

There are no big cons to interning here!

7. "My career progression had been exactly what I hoped for when I accepted this job out of college."

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SThree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The resources and training provided had consistently set me up for success.

Cons

Not the "dream scenario" with work life balance. You have to work hard.

Advice to Management

Be protective of this awesome culture as the company and office continues to grow.

8. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The office is full of energy all day. The young, competitive atmosphere combined with an uncapped earning potential makes this an amazing place to work. Creativity and eagerness to get ahead is encouraged and rewarded. If you're passionate about what you do and have a competitive personality you will enjoy a very successful career at SThree.

Cons

No major cons. If you're willing to put in the work you will see results and be very happy with a career here.

Advice to Management

The incentives are amazing and make work more exciting. Rewarding success works. Keep up the great work!

9. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Uncapped earning potential. Flexible hours. Excellent performance incentives. Clear promotion targets.

The best thing about the company is that if you work hard you are rewarded. Tenure does not dictate promotions.

Cons

The business just moved into a brand new office and has already outgrown the space. Consider it a positive however as the current trajectory is to open multiple offices both in NYC as well as around the country.

10. "Consultant"

Pros

really strong growth potential and ability to make a lot of money in your first year.

Cons

a lot of long hours when your first start

"Great growth, money, and training"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SThree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meritocracy for promotions, no limit on how quick you can move up. Un-capped commission, Great and thorough training program. Fun culture, but also take work seriously. Opportunity to be client facing right away and be autonomous. Good benefits, over 5 weeks of vacation time. Growing rapidly, lots of opportunity to move up into leadership positions. The things they tell you in the interview are truthful, the management is very transparent about what they offer to you.

Cons

No major cons. People are really friendly and care about helping you get better