SThree Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
SThree CEO Gary Elden
Gary Elden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Phenomenal training, support and infrastructure, great career opportunities, work hard/play hard attitude and some great incentives (in 12 reviews)

• Work life balance is however depends on how you manage your time with desired results (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Say goodbye to your work-life balance (in 15 reviews)

• As a sales based company, you would expect that it would be KPI driven (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company - Fantastic people"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SThree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the 1 and a half years I worked with the company. The training program was always changing and adapting to the need in the office. The people in the company really made my experience as there was a diverse group and they were extremely inclusive and you always would have someone to grab lunch with, a coffee, a beer or someone for some friendly advice. The management was great as all of the managers had started as fresh graduates and had built the business up. My personal situation meant I needed flexibility for some time off and my management worked with me for that without questions. Anyone looking for a successful career should consider Sthree. Also the office views are out of this world!

Cons

I never really experienced any down sides when I worked there

Advice to Management

Keep the diversity going! Be known for hiring out the box and this will give you the edge over other companies!

2. "Great training, career opportunities and people"

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY

I worked at SThree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic training delivered in multiple formats - not just in the initial training phase - but throughout your career from what i could see.
    Really growing in the US and they promote from within so lots of opportunities to grow your career.
    Base + uncapped commission so you can drive your own earning potential.
    Great bunch of people to work with - really fun.

Cons

Very sales driven culture - great if you like / want this, but just wasn't for me.

3. "A truly meritocratic organisation with incredible career opportunities, but be willing to work hard for it!"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at SThree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Phenomenal training, support and infrastructure, great career opportunities, work hard/play hard attitude and some great incentives. Definitely a meriotocracy and if you're willing to learn, look at the long term opportunity not just the short term and have a positive attitude you'll do well. Also the fact that the majority of Senior level have worked from the bottom up shows how strong the opportunity is and they've walked in everyones shoes so know how to help.

Cons

This industry is tough and not for the feint hearted. Shorter term you won't earn as much as some companies will tell you but longer term you absolutely can and you have to be willing to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. You have to be resilient though.

Advice to Management

Share consistent messages on where the business is going & what the goals are regularly - that way the working population have greater clarity on what the business as a whole has planned and understand how they can contribute

4. "I've been working at Sthree for about 8 months and loving it!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at SThree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, friendly atmosphere, growth opportunity

Training - The training will start from day 1 and never stop. From weekly trainings, to refreshers, to the most senior people in the company conducting trainings, you are always learning something new. Whenever I have questions I know I can ask the director or even the CEO a question as easily as I could somebody 1 day into the business....that's something you don't find often.

Friendly Atmosphere - The energy is high, and the people are positive. If you have a question or need advice, not only are you welcome, but you're encouraged to approach your colleagues. Anybody in the company, myself included will drop what we're doing to help...not because we're forced to, but because we all want everybody to do well and grow.

Growth Opportunity - There are current employees who I've already see hit two promotions in their first year in the company! The Most senior people at Sthree all started as trainees; that just puts in perspective how far this company will let you grow...they'll never try to limit you. Considering the amount of growth happening across the Americas (Info that we all learned at a comped weekend in Vegas) there are so many openings being created for current and future employees - I feel very lucky to be where I am right now.

Cons

Sales is a roller-coaster of emotions type of job, there are somethings that can really ruin your day, if you can't move on from it you may have a tough time in this job. Also, if you want to come in and wait for the clock to hit 5pm you won't do as well as somebody putting in the effort, staying late and making big money.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! It's no secret why we keep winning "best company to work for" awards

"Incredible opportunity for driven, motivated people - great earning potential and career growth"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SThree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am only a year out of college and already am more successful than the majority of my former classmates and my friends who graduated years ago (both in terms of earnings and career growth). This is a truly unique opportunity to join a growing company, and allows you to earn UNLIMITED commission and you can literally be a manager after being with the company for two years or even less. I am never bored and I love the challenging work environment. I also feel a really close connection and tight-knit bond with my team, who are super supportive and encouraging on days when the job could be tough. The wins in this position are amazing, and when I work hard enough, I can end the month with a 20K pay check or even more. I am really passionate about this company and the management, and they've shown me over the past year that they truly care about their employees and their happiness. Not to mention, there are amazing perks to this job -- 22 days PTO per year (which roll over the next year if you don't use them), trips to miami, vegas, fun team nights out, incredible meals, etc. I feel so grateful for this opportunity and know that I will be with the company for years and years to come.

Cons

This job is a great fit for me, but definitely not for everyone. You need to be super motivated, eager to learn, resilient, and driven. If you are looking for a super relaxed, work from home, 'come in late' or 'leave early' type of place, this is not the best job for you.

6. "Great Earning Potential - Excellent Sales Career"

I have been working at SThree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great commission structure

Amazing sales culture
    Strong training program
    Room for advancement

Excellent benefits
    4 weeks vacation!!!

Cons

Hours can be long but efficiency is key

"I have only been with the company for 2 weeks, but I love it here already!"

Current Employee - Resourcer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Resourcer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SThree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely supportive environment; questions are welcomed and encouraged. Young, vibrant office atmosphere that knows how to work hard and have fun. Managers treat you as peers, and everyone is valued. Excellent opportunities to move forward within the company, and training is top-notch.

Cons

Haven't come across any thus far! But if you are not fully committed to working hard day in and day out, this company may not be for you.

"Great growth, money, and training"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SThree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meritocracy for promotions, no limit on how quick you can move up. Un-capped commission, Great and thorough training program. Fun culture, but also take work seriously. Opportunity to be client facing right away and be autonomous. Good benefits, over 5 weeks of vacation time. Growing rapidly, lots of opportunity to move up into leadership positions. The things they tell you in the interview are truthful, the management is very transparent about what they offer to you.

Cons

No major cons. People are really friendly and care about helping you get better

9. "Consultant"

Pros

really strong growth potential and ability to make a lot of money in your first year.

Cons

a lot of long hours when your first start

10. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Uncapped earning potential. Flexible hours. Excellent performance incentives. Clear promotion targets.

The best thing about the company is that if you work hard you are rewarded. Tenure does not dictate promotions.

Cons

The business just moved into a brand new office and has already outgrown the space. Consider it a positive however as the current trajectory is to open multiple offices both in NYC as well as around the country.