SThree Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
SThree CEO Gary Elden
Gary Elden

Pros
  • Phenomenal training, support and infrastructure, great career opportunities, work hard/play hard attitude and some great incentives (in 12 reviews)

• Work life balance is however depends on how you manage your time with desired results (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Say goodbye to your work-life balance (in 17 reviews)

• As a sales based company, you would expect that it would be KPI driven (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company - Fantastic people"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SThree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the 1 and a half years I worked with the company. The training program was always changing and adapting to the need in the office. The people in the company really made my experience as there was a diverse group and they were extremely inclusive and you always would have someone to grab lunch with, a coffee, a beer or someone for some friendly advice. The management was great as all of the managers had started as fresh graduates and had built the business up. My personal situation meant I needed flexibility for some time off and my management worked with me for that without questions. Anyone looking for a successful career should consider Sthree. Also the office views are out of this world!

Cons

I never really experienced any down sides when I worked there

Advice to Management

Keep the diversity going! Be known for hiring out the box and this will give you the edge over other companies!

2. "Fun & rewarding company with best-in-the-business training!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SThree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Excellent career opportunities. I was promoted three times in three years!
    -Fun, energetic office. Gorgeous space with incredible views of the Bay.
    -Fantastic new commission structure that rewards everybody involved in making a placement. Top earners make above of $200k.
    -Hands down the best training in the industry. Onsite one-on-one coaching with an awesome training specialist.

Cons

-It can take a while to figure out your market and start making regular commission, so living on a base salary can be tough (but once you start seeing commission, it's worth it)
    -Managers are stretched to capacity

Advice to Management

-Base salary should be reviewed at junior level

3. "On track but with more to do"

Current Employee - Support Services in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Services in London, England (UK)

I have been working at SThree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A successful business with talented people at all levels. Great training. Good managers. Great celebration of success and amazing incentives for top performers.

Strong and believable intentions to fix the cultural challenges that have existed for longer than I've worked here. Clear signs of change in and outside the workplace

Cons

SThree needs to shrug off the image of money obsessed recruiters from 5/10/20 years ago and accept that not everyone wants the same things

Advice to Management

Identify the people who are stuck in the past and replace them with people who understand what people want from their job nowadays

4. "Commerciele Recruitment"

Pros

Vrijheid, ontwikkeling, doorgroei mogelijkheden , verantwoordelijkheid

Cons

Key preformance indicators, een baan waar het werk nooit klaar is

5. "unprofessional conduct"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at SThree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training - they teach you the ropes of recruitment so if you follow the guidelines, you will be very (aggressive) and successful in the field.
    Young team so you get a lot of entry level peers to bounce ideas off and grow your career together

Cons

Exits are not conducted professionally. A very "with us or against us"mindset.
    Bosses treat you like a traitor upon your resignation and you are accused of disrupting the business and behaving unprofessionally, even if you were praised for "upholding the Sthree culture" just a week before your resignation.
    Its a young team - so on the flip side, its difficult to secure any semblance of market goodwill due to the inexperienced team so clients are very skeptical of your ability to deliver

Advice to Management

Stop burning your bridges with ex staff

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at SThree full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, excellent standards and ethics, excellent training and development

Cons

Long hours. Can be frustrating when clients lose their budgets to recruit

7. "Mediocre"

Current Employee - Back Office
    Current Employee - Back Office

I have been working at SThree full-time

Pros

The PTO is generous. They shut down at the end of the year from Christmas to New Years which is nice.

Cons

I read this once before I started on Glassdoor: Its an all boys club. If you're not in the club, there's no chance for advancement. There's no merit based promotions. Just a lousy cost of living adjustment of 2% across the board. It's a giant popularity contest for whatever they do give people. You have no voice whatsoever. Its basically a circus act masquerading as a professional company. It's a revolving door of changing faces with no long term retention. They don't do a good job of recognizing or cultivating the talent they have within the company. Always quick to replace and bring in the next new thing. And just like true recruiters, they'll sell you on the dream and promise of advancement. And years later, you wonder why you're stuck in the same position barely making it with 2% cost of living adjustments - I mean raises.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Management frequently recognizes the top performers and managers. They however, don't recognize their support staff and the people actually doing the work. Also, offer internal office advancement.

SThree Response

Jun 2, 2017 – Employer Branding Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you enjoy the generous PTO that is offered to our employees. Closing the company between the Christmas and New Year holiday allows employees to spend ... More

8. "werken bij"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at SThree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zeer ambitieuze en professionale organisatie. Concrete (door)groeimogelijkheden en ruimte om te leren.

Cons

de primaire arbeidsvoorwaarden zijn aan de lage kant. parkeren is lastig en etc. etc.

9. "Working at Sthree"

I worked at SThree full-time

Pros

- Excellent learning environment
    -Brilliant managers
    - Good bonuses

Cons

- KPI Driven culture
    - Too much hierarchy
    - Too many meetings and conferences

Advice to Management

- Build your business to add relevant people who are hands on at management level, only people managers cannot grow a recruitment firm

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney (Australia)

Pros

Culture of this business is changing in a good way. Have been here through some fairly substantial management changes and I can honestly say I think it's going in the right direction under respected leadership. Good training and development and I genuinely feel my career is being supported. A good company to go to if you are just starting out in Sydney.

Cons

Full on hours and a pressure to make the $$$. Like a lot of recruiters- work hard and play hard.

Advice to Management

Flexibility in working hours could be better.