SThree "working environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

SThree Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated Jun 1, 2018

3.6
SThree CEO Mark Dorman (no image)
Mark Dorman
Pros
  • "The family culture and supportive working environment made it a pleasure to come to work everyday(in 21 reviews)

• "work hard play hard’ environment you will thrive(in 16 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews

"Great place to learn, grow, earn!"

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SThree full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at SThree for 4 years out of college, and I wouldn't trade my experience there for anything. It has a great training program and many exceptional people. The earning potential and opportunity to grow into management is very strong if you apply yourself and stick with it. It's not typical to be able to become a manager in a large business 2-3 years out of college, but SThree presents that opportunity. There are very frequent discussions with your manager about your strengths, weaknesses, and career aspirations, so you need to be open to coaching/constructive criticism. The culture is fun and everyone who works here seems to make several great friends. The job is difficult and will definitely test your confidence at times, but the skills you develop will benefit you the rest of your career. There is also a great opportunity to take on additional responsibilities and implement positive changes in the office if you are proactive. People complain about a 'drinking culture' and 'lack of diversity' but SThree has made positive strides in these areas. They have also developed a more flexible working environment while still keeping their principles of hard work and accountability. Also - the office space is beautiful and work hours aren't bad. You will get out what you put in, so those who are focused between 8-5, or put in the extra hours, will do better. Although it is a numbers driven environment, these metrics are created for a reason and will lead to success.

Cons

Turnover is extremely high. This job isn't for everyone and it will require a great deal of perseverance to be successful. The management style can be "micro" but that is often what it takes to be successful in this job, especially considering most of the employees are fresh grads. Like any business there are pockets with stronger and weaker management, but there are plenty of resources to get support. The low base salary in a hot job market like San Francisco means struggling employees may jump ship before seeing success. Clients are sometimes badgered by multiple consultants in our contracts/permanent businesses & an aggressive business development strategy, which can harm relationships/reputation.

SThree2017-12-01
  2. "Entrepreneurial and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Associate Sales Team Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SThree full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Fully meritocratic environment: I've been with the business almost 5 years now and been promoted 4 times during that period. I have also had the opportunity to relocate from our London HQ to Chicago with the firm immensely supportive of this move. I have profited from the limitless ability to influence the direction and trajectory of my career and my earnings. I cant wait for the future! - Sociable inclusive working environment and culture: Not many companies allow me to involve my Fiancé in everything we do. - The learning and development for the US team sit in our Chicago office (Huxley has a number of offices across the country) and thus we regularly advantage of this. This L&D team was recently voted into the prestigious Training Magazines top 125 organizations for 2017. - I have made many long lasting friendships from working at SThree

Cons

I have no negatives. I have been with the company for almost 5 years and can't wait for the next 5 years to come.

SThree2017-09-19
  3. "Sthree Houston Progressive Team"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at SThree full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunities for commission Friendly and laid back work environment Great for college graduates Opportunities for growth within the company Upper Management stays involved

Cons

Fast paced Communication is very important Markets are unpredictable

SThree2017-09-14

"Business Development"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at SThree full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Energetic work environment - Opportunity for travel - Growing in terms of number of offices in USA - Good rewards/incentives i.e lunch club

Cons

- Training for new starts is poor - Communicatiom between teams can sometimes be difficult - Lots of switching of people from team to team

SThree2016-09-13

"Incredible opportunity for driven, motivated people - great earning potential and career growth"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SThree full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am only a year out of college and already am more successful than the majority of my former classmates and my friends who graduated years ago (both in terms of earnings and career growth). This is a truly unique opportunity to join a growing company, and allows you to earn UNLIMITED commission and you can literally be a manager after being with the company for two years or even less. I am never bored and I love the challenging work environment. I also feel a really close connection and tight-knit bond with my team, who are super supportive and encouraging on days when the job could be tough. The wins in this position are amazing, and when I work hard enough, I can end the month with a 20K pay check or even more. I am really passionate about this company and the management, and they've shown me over the past year that they truly care about their employees and their happiness. Not to mention, there are amazing perks to this job -- 22 days PTO per year (which roll over the next year if you don't use them), trips to miami, vegas, fun team nights out, incredible meals, etc. I feel so grateful for this opportunity and know that I will be with the company for years and years to come.

Cons

This job is a great fit for me, but definitely not for everyone. You need to be super motivated, eager to learn, resilient, and driven. If you are looking for a super relaxed, work from home, 'come in late' or 'leave early' type of place, this is not the best job for you.

SThree2014-04-21
  6. "The Future is bright for SThree!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at SThree full-time for more than a year

Pros

SThree is an excellent place to work. The family culture and supportive working environment made it a pleasure to come to work everyday. The people that SThree hire are a credit to the company and are really valued by people at all levels. Working for SThree has provided me with a massive stepping stone in my career and allowed me to grow and develop different skillsets from day one. They are very inclusive and collaborative company and always had time to help you progress everyday. The managers act like your friends and counterparts rather than building a hierarchy and this really shapes the company culture and values that SThree possess. I feel like I am leaving family behind and the decision did not come easily when I decided to leave. If you join SThree, be reassured you have a bright future ahead of you if you work hard and have the determination to succeed.

Cons

I don't really have any cons to add to this company as I genuinely didn't have a bad experience. I suppose if I was to nit pick I would say that the base salary could be a little higher to get things moving as everyone progresses at a different pace and if you are motivated by money this could be something to think about.

SThree2018-06-01
  7. "Great Place to work with market competitive pay and wonderful working culture"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Tokyo

I have been working at SThree full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good training for 360 recruitment consultants. - Great working environment. - Transparent and competitive commission structure. - Huge career opportunities.

Cons

Still need to do more branding which is being worked on.

SThree2017-09-12
  8. "Great work place you will not want to miss!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Tokyo

I have been working at SThree full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a multinational work environment with great culture. People are easygoing and treating each other with respect. You can definitely shine with your great efforts with wonderful team support. Besides working hard to have your own/your team's achievement, we also have lots of fun time-so-called work and life balance :)

Cons

We are full of energy and passion. If you are not an energetic and passionate one, it would be difficult for you to be in the group to grow together.

SThree2017-09-11
  9. "The place to build a career in recruitment"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at SThree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fully inclusive work environment Best training in industry / investment into consultant development Big database Great prizes and incentives Amazing progression opportunities

Cons

Recruiting too many people into busy markets

SThree2017-04-21
  10. "Marketing Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I have been working at SThree full-time

Pros

The culture is great at SThree. I read and watched a lot of videos of SThree before I joined the company and it was true to what I thought about the company after I entered and experienced a day in SThree myself. It was a very close-knitted community which speaks of an encouraging and fun-loving environment. The managers in SThree are constantly checking in on you to make sure that you're on track for both your career development and personal growth. Hence, it is certainly a great working environment for both inexperienced and experienced individuals.

Cons

As a sales based company, you would expect that it would be KPI driven. However, because it is KPI driven, the managers are constantly there to assist you in getting on board with the right training and right tools so that you may be well-equipped to get on with the job.

SThree2016-07-28

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 13 reviews