SUEZ Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jean-Louis Chaussade

Pros
  • es, ambiance de travail, disponibilit (in 11 reviews)

• They have a great work/life balance, and the employee service center has a great team (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • organisation du Groupe, gel des recrutements externes sur les fonctions supports (in 7 reviews)

• charge de travail et reconnaissance inexistante (in 5 reviews)

"Great so far"

Current Employee - Power Plant Operator II in Wantagh, NY
    Current Employee - Power Plant Operator II in Wantagh, NY

I have been working at SUEZ full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only been here four months but so far everything is looking up. The department that I am in is small but to me that is better! Head of the department is great!

Cons

Interaction between departments can be limited if any. Project is still in its infancy but is slowly growing and getting the kinks worked out.

2. "Human Resources Intern"

Current Employee - Human Resources Intern in Paramus, NJ
    Current Employee - Human Resources Intern in Paramus, NJ

Pros

The HR team is great. They treat interns/temp employees like permanent employees. They love to give back to the community and there are so many ways to help through the company. The pay is great for an internship, extremely competitive. They have a great work/life balance, and the employee service center has a great team!

Cons

There are no cons for the human resources internship

3. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Environmental Engineer Intern in East Rockaway, NY
    Former Employee - Environmental Engineer Intern in East Rockaway, NY

I worked at SUEZ (Less than a year)

Pros

Perfect learning environment for an aspiring environmental engineer. Applied class skills to real life problems. Colleagues served as mentors who really wanted me to succeed. Work hard and you will be rewarded with a wealth of experience.

Cons

Happy to say that it was a completely positive experience .

"low salaries, layoffs, few projects, look elsewhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Pros

none that I can think of

Cons

low salaries, layoffs, few projects, look elsewhere

"Once great company, now a sinking ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at SUEZ full-time

Pros

Suez/Infilco has always had great technology and good market positioning.

Cons

The Treatment Solutions platform has been decimated by management. In the last 5 years we have lost invaluable experience due to random firings, constant restructuring, irreparably low morale, have driven away most of our strategic partners, and have severely damaged our reputation in the market. Management has shown prolific use of, and has sheltered workplace bullying, harassment, and abuse including discrimination based on nationality - especially in promoting. Our North American presence has been reduced from 7 to 3 offices, and I have little hope that the division will survive at all.

7. "many opportunities in a changing company"

Current Employee - Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive in New York, NY

Pros

the values, the sector and the people. Also, lots of mobility opportunities for career advancement

Cons

sometimes too slow in decision making

Advice to Management

continue on making the changes - we are making progress

8. "Project Engineer"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at SUEZ full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Seem to care about employees and try to do the right thing. Benefits were OK. Good experience. Nice co-workers. Learned a lot. They put up with a lot. Had flex hours for most of the time which was great.

Cons

Don't seem to know how to run companies in America. Pay was typically lower than average for most employees. Didn't seem to values their existing employees. Made many bad middle management hires and subsequently had to go through a ton of bad management enforced changes. Did not seem to know or care about the employees who had been there longest and knew what that were doing even though it took years for them to get where they were.

Advice to Management

Get to know the people at the bottom who work for you. Don't just take the word of middle management. Middle management was the problem, not the workers.

9. "Adrift and lost. What a shame."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at SUEZ (More than 8 years)

Pros

It became little more than a roof over my head. Slightly better than no job at all. It was not so hard for the French management team and their greedy expats to ruin what had been a wonderful 120 year old company. The way they look at it, if you are not French, you are stupid and incapable of decision making.

Cons

Morale is terrible. Recent management is deplorable. They are greedy, self centered freaks. It is their pay (huge for expats!), their bonuses, their perques (remember they are French and Italian and take their 60 days off a year - and they offset their first-class travel cost through expenses). They hype their ethics policy but ignore it for themselves - situational ethics. What do they care, they are living the good life in the U.S.!

Advice to Management

Not that anyone will listen or would even be able to do: Develop a strong team of local (US) management, truly listen to you employees without being judgmental and prejudiced anything non French-centric, do not micromanage. Return the company to its glory days when you bought it. They management cannot even ask the question, "Could any of this even have a grain of truth to it?"

"Engineering Intern"

I worked at SUEZ full-time

Pros

Great experience with a lot of intelligent employees

Cons

there is no issues that I have encountered

11. "Consultant Position"

I worked at SUEZ (Less than a year)

Pros

Here are a few things that I enjoyed working for SUEZ.

The location was excellent. It was right off the highway and easy to get to.
    The environment was friendly and welcoming. I was able to learn a lot about HR department and have been able to carry those skills forward

Cons

The building was always cold, even in the summer. The cafeteria was not the best.

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice for management as I truly enjoyed the short time that I was there. Was able to network, learn more about HR and the environment was welcoming and encouraging