- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Germany - All Cities
- - North Rhine-Westphalia
- Poland - All Cities
- - Lower Silesia
- - Wroclaw, Poland Area
- - Kąty Wrocławskie
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - Albany, NY Area
- - Albany, NY
- - Clifton Park, NY
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - Brooklyn, NY
- - Newburgh, NY
- - Brentwood, NY
- - Louisiana
- - Baton Rouge, LA Area
- - Baton Rouge, LA
- - Texas
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
- - Irving, TX
- - North Carolina
- - Charlotte, NC Area
- - Charlotte, NC
- Cote d'Ivoire - All Cities
- - Lagunes
- - Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire Area
- - Abidjan
- Lebanon - All Cities
- - Beirut Governorate
- - Beirut, Lebanon Area
- - Beirut
Found 340 of over 388 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Low pay and hard to pay bills without having another job." (in 19 reviews)
- "Low salaries given the amount of work you need to do" (in 16 reviews)
- "Pay was low, and a bit unorganized as a management" (in 8 reviews)
- "Racist, Highly Bureaucratic, Small Town, Drug and Rape Culture" (in 4 reviews)
- "Never enough grant money, and can be boring at times" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of SUNY Albany and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 18, 2022 - Graduate Assistant in Albany, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
As Grad Assistant, I was able to work closely with my HRIS department and gain research experience in my field. As MBA Student, did not feel like "another number" as you may at bigger business schools.
None I can think of.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 18, 2022 - Researcher in Albany, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Collaborative environment with cutting edge research and technology
I have none to give
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 31, 2022 - Graduate Student ResearcherRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Atmospheric graduate program that strongly takes into consideration feedback from its students. Very supportive and provides many resources. Tight knit department.
The building is too cold! Lack of diversity which more so reflects atmospheric science than the program.
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 19, 2022 - Working StudentRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great company culture and very inclusive and informative.
Not many resources available to student workers
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 22, 2022 - Graduate Student Assistant (GSA) in Albany, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I enjoyed working in this position
Didn't pay enough for the work
- Former Employee★★★★★Aug 24, 2022 - General Chemistry TutorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
You get to communicate with other tutors Information is easily spread between the employer and employees
Hours are very little (>5 hours a week)
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 5, 2022 - AdministratorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
State benefits and time off was awesome.
Poor management; lack of training; confusing processes to learn.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 3, 2022 - Graduate Assistant in Albany, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
with insurance coverage each year
just cover the daily basis consumption
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 11, 2022 - Graduate Assistant in Albany, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
As a graduate assistant, it's all about which department you are actually in. This also impacts your stipend and potential tuition coverage. My supervisors and office head were amazing, extremely flexible, and supportive. Especially during covid.
Like I said it matters what department you are in. I would avoid working in the financial aid office unless they have drastically changed management and the work structure in that office.
- Former Employee★★★★★Sep 12, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Offers opportunity to understand a cross-section of college departments.
Racists managers even in departments that should be working to eliminate discrimination and racism. Many managers uphold policies and systems of white supremacy. A follower mentality in which "nice racism" is upheld and group mobbing, ostracizing and bullying is rampant. DEI is a sham and performative.
SUNY Albany Reviews FAQs
SUNY Albany has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 388 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at SUNY Albany to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
84% of SUNY Albany employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SUNY Albany 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.