SUNY Downstate Medical Center Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
SUNY Downstate Medical Center President  Dr. Wayne J. Riley
Dr. Wayne J. Riley
0 Rating

"A challenging work environment with a talented and committed staff serving an adult population contending with HIV/AIDS"

Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at SUNY Downstate Medical Center

Pros

A truly diverse and committed staff of various disciplines that recognize the value that each discipline provides to the overall medical and mental health treatment needs of the patients we serve.

Cons

The grant funded services can be restrictive with their performance based targets that need to be met and this can cause a level of stress that needs to be proactively managed.

Advice to Management

Do periodic check ins with staff to ascertain level of stress and possibility to find new ways to meet the service deliverables that are essential for best patient care and full financial reimbursement.

SUNY Downstate Medical Center2015-01-20

"Think twice."

Former Employee - Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at SUNY Downstate Medical Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

New York State takes care of its own; the benefits are hard to beat. If you're lucky, you'll get to work with some of the smartest doctors, at least the ones who haven't high-tailed it to greener ($) Manhattan.

Cons

They gave up their (sincere) effort at trying to inspire a sense of esprit de corp years (and at least two Presidents) ago. The only motivation management uses now is fear. When I visit my old workmates (what few are still left) they look like concentration camp survivors.

Advice to Management

Stay out of the helping professions; you're much better suited to running prisons.

SUNY Downstate Medical Center2017-06-12