SVT (MI) Reviews | Glassdoor

SVT (MI) Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2019

3.7
  1. "Great place I call home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

I have been working at SVT (MI) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

SVT has a great management team in place that listen to its employees. Each team member treats everyone with the utmost respect and wants to have fun while being successful in the organization. The open door policy in the organization and sharing of data from the upper management team to allows for all team members to see how great we are doing and to hit our goals. The ability to work from home and remotely allows... a great balance if conditions are not ideal for being in the office. Technology provided to people is cutting edge. The micromanagement from years ago is no longer here and the president is very focused on the growth that SVT will have.

Cons

None. Maybe more parking spots, an ice cream machine for the summer, and a soda fountain. All of the BS. 1 star negative reviews were from team members who did not fit the culture that we have here. With any organization and review on here you will get bad ones as its people who have a sour taste.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. its a pleasure working for such a great organization.

SVT (MI)2017-03-23
  2. "Good to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator

I have been working at SVT (MI) full-time

Pros

Takes care of promised items

Cons

There are no cons to specify

SVT (MI)2019-08-01

"warehouse worker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

I worked at SVT (MI) full-time for less than a year

Pros

very little or next to none

Cons

management does not treat workers equal

Advice to Management

treat your employees equal

SVT (MI)2018-04-16

"Good Company to Work For"

Project Manager in Brighton, MI

I worked at SVT (MI) for more than a year

Pros

Worked as a project manager at SVT for about 1.5 years. In that time I learned a lot, met lots of great people and played with some great equipment. SVT is not an environment of micro managers. They expect the talent they hire to fulfill the services provided to their customers. SVT has a beautiful corporate environment full of caring people.

Cons

Management is very busy and often does not fulfill their commitments to team members. I would have hoped to see a mid level management or director level to monitor and solve solutions quicker. I was never sure where my career was heading with the company. I don't believe it is good practice to request a two week notice period if the company is going to terminate an employees status, cut off there salary and... healthcare early.

Advice to Management

All management are fantastic professionals with a ton to offer. Management is busy and often forget or miss team member commitments. I would suggest adding a mid level director positon to focus on operational logistics.

SVT (MI)2016-08-16
  5. "Glad to be back at SVT"

I have been working at SVT (MI)

Pros

This is my 2nd go around at SVT. I was let go in 2014 after a year with the company because of a restructuring process. When I was again laid off from another job in April/2016, I reached back out to SVT to see if there was any kind of job openings. There was 1, I came in and interviewed and got an offer about a week later. I accepted the offer because I knew what SVT has to offer as a company. The other reason why... I came back was because I knew that getting hired back at SVT I wouldn’t just be another warm body taking up space, there was a need not a want. I also knew that when I showed up every day for work that the other employees would be welcoming and when they asked you how you were doing, they actually meant it and not just going through the motions because they felt they had to. Some of other places that I have worked at talked about the “family” atmosphere and that lasts for about a month or 2 and then it goes away, here it doesn’t. My first day back at SVT was like I never really left. It's great to come into work every day and see people that are in good moods and have smiles on their faces.

Cons

Any con that I have or had has been fixed for the most part in the 2 years I was away from SVT. Like most companies there are always going to be problems, because no company is perfect. The only "con" I can think of is that there are times where people are "stretched" to thin work wise at times, but again that's how it is a lot of companies.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing its working!!!

SVT (MI)2016-06-08

"Bad management"

Current Employee - Support Staff in Brighton, MI

I have been working at SVT (MI) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Chips and pop are free. A few people in office are cool. If they haven't been fired yet. That's about the best of SVT

Cons

Management are fools. One of the owners wants to hug inappropriately. No real direction. Sales people are a joke. Worst most expensive AV company in Detroit.

Advice to Management

Go take some college classes or maybe just management 101

SVT (MI)2016-04-29

"Poorly managed company, direction changes every day."

Former Employee - Finance in Brighton, MI

I worked at SVT (MI) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Not many, however, it once was a great place to work with family values and bright future. Snacks and Pop are provided for free and the work schedule is flexible.

Cons

This company is a classic textbook example of 3rd Generation Deterioration. One of the owner’s sons took over the company and ran it into the ground within 2 years. New Management treats employees like trash, constantly saying that if you don’t like it, get out; there is a stack of people waiting for your job. Management makes empty promises and gloats about manipulating people. New owner even prided himself on... screwing over his own family members. Many employees were screwed over, lied to and laid off. Owners could not decide what type of business they wanted to be, the direction changed on a weekly basis. There was no job security, no motivation, no appreciation and no future. Don’t waste time with a company that treats employees like inventory.

Advice to Management

Take some management classes and learn how to treat people. If you treated your employees better, they would help turn this business into a great company.

SVT (MI)2016-04-27
  8. "Not a Bad Place"

Former Employee - Sales in Brighton, MI

I worked at SVT (MI) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Things are a little rough at times, but there are a lot of goods that out weigh the bads. Very easy going owner and a fun family owned business. The flexible work remote schedule (with the exception of weekly meetings for which you should be present) makes it very enjoyable if you are a good remote worker.

Cons

Sometimes the company attitude can get a little tense. From time to time (as with any small business owners) they get nervous and have some whip cracking moments. Customer service is a challenge in the sales department (which is why it left) - I felt the support and installation services were very over promised and well under delivered.

Advice to Management

Hire a good internal support staff and you will shine.

SVT (MI)2016-02-26

"SVT is a dynamic, forward thinking and growing"

I have been working at SVT (MI)

Pros

Great perks, compensation is fair and there are a lot of incentives, flexibility and perks. The company is diversifying and healthy after a very tough period. The management team is professional, experienced in the industry and great to work with.

Cons

There is always a lot of good company provided lunches and plenty of snacks so it is hard to stay thin. The parking lot is too small.

Advice to Management

Keep reinventing the company and pursuing profitable business unlike what was done in the past. Keep up all the bonus incentive programs. Hire more great people so we can continue to grow!

SVT (MI)2015-10-27

"Harvests a culture of talent and ambition."

I have been working at SVT (MI)

Pros

Team-oriented atmosphere in which employees go above and beyond job duties to help one another. Company is extremely flexible in allowing time off, and is very generous with holidays. Compensation is fair and benefits are top-notch. Plenty of opportunity for bonuses. Management consciously welcomes discussion and is very supportive of having everyone's voice heard. Free snacks are provided daily and... company-provided lunches occur often. Company is also heavily involved in philanthropy within the community.

Cons

Parts of the building can be a little cold during the winter.

Advice to Management

Continue to avoid remaining stagnant. Maintain an atmosphere that embraces change and overall development.

SVT (MI)2015-10-27