SWC Technology Partners Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
SWC Technology Partners President and CEO Bob Knott
Bob Knott

Pros
  • mild mannered management personalities, beer on fridays (in 11 reviews)

• Work-life balance is good most of the time (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No 401k match, and pay schedule is monthly, which does take some getting used to - not really a negative (in 23 reviews)

• No 401k match is the only negative thing to say about benefits (in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Upward Mobility"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In four years I've been promoted twice, thanks to taking advantage of the trainings, certifications and mentorship available. It's pretty simple - There are a lot of resources to learn and grow, and if you take advantage of what's available and do a good job, you will advance here. The fun perks like massages, food and Friday beer are nice, but in the end I care more about growing my skills, staying current with technology and growing my career, and I've been able to do that at SWC.

The company is also expanding into new markets, which only means more opportunities to grow from within.

Cons

So far, no 401(k) match yet

Advice to Management

Keep promoting training and development to staff. 401(K) match would make a lot of people happy.

2. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company really values their employees, they invest, train, mentor and empower you to grow as the company grows. Leaders listen, collaborate with you, and help you grow your career. This is not just a job...it is a life changing career.

Cons

401 K Matching would be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering your teams to be great!

3. "Cannot recommend this company enough!"

Former Employee - Technical Business Analyst in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Business Analyst in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at SWC Technology Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly talented co-workers, responsive leadership, supportive environment, great benefits. They really do treat their people like family.

Cons

No 401k match, and pay schedule is monthly, which does take some getting used to - not really a negative.

5. "Great Company Culture at SWC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been at SWC for less than a year, but cannot say enough about how great the culture and environment is at SWC. I have never been at another company that has such a open, collaborative environment and actually looks to their employees to speak up so we can continue to have such a great culture. There are many perks such as Fruit and Veggie Tuesdays, Free On-site Gym, Beer Fridays, and Quarterly Massages as well as great training and development opportunities. I am very happy that I found SWC and can't imagine myself anywhere else.

Cons

No 401K match at this point in time.

Advice to Management

You do a great job at making sure our voices are heard and ensuring training and development for all employees. As long as you keep putting your faith in us, we will do the same!

6. "Great Company Culture and Opportunity to Grow"

Pros

Opportunity for Upward Mobility
    Culture
    Incentives
    Great Office Space
    Challenging Environment
    Free Drinks and Beer Fridays, Plenty of Free Food
    Company Holiday and Summer Party
    Market average benefits and pay

Cons

No 401k Match
    No work from home/telecommute opportunities, yet
    Monthly pay structure

Advice to Management

Continue to strengthen training program, 401k match, remote/telecommute options for employees, flexibility in use of downtown office. Staying educated on market salary and compensation is vital.

7. "Associate Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nearly all employee are engaging and I get along with everyone. Healthcare is great although costs did rise 16% after my first year (company wide). Pay structure is cool and unique for consulting - basically have the ability to get paid overtime even though you're salary because of bonuses/incentives you get for high productivity/efficiency.

Cons

No 401k match is the only negative thing to say about benefits. Working with many PMs simultaneously can be a strain as they all seem to have different ways of running things.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and hiring more capable consultants! Make sure to keep in close contact with new employees who may be struggling with something but don't want to reach out for help.

8. "Great Company"

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time

Pros

Great culture, many opportunities for career development, fast paced environment

Cons

Not good if you just want to be a developer

9. "All about the clients, not the employees"

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time

Pros

Beer Friday
    Free drinks
    Holiday party
    Incentives
    Annual Meeting

Cons

No 401k match
    Highers younger, shy, or low self esteem employees that lack quality to avoid paying higher salaries
    Brown nosers advance over hard workers
    30 minute lunch with no flexibility

Advice to Management

HR should focus more on the employees, instead of focusing on the image of SWC.

"Internship at SWC!"

Pros

Great Company! Full of smart and bright people who are passionate about there careers.
    They do alot of fun activities and really challenge the interns and give them alot of opportunity to make an impact.

Cons

No cons I had a great experience.

"Un-biased and honest review"

Former Employee - Helpdesk in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Helpdesk in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

Happy hour (beer) every Friday. Tons of free food. Challenge of learning a new process, technology or procedure. Market average pay. Good option of healthcare. Cell phone reimbursement.

Cons

When a company shoves "fun place to work" it is usually because they over work you to begin with and here that is true. I often times see people either skip or not take their lunch or eat at their desks. For a corproate job 30 min lunches are a bit of a joke. I often felt chained to my desk working at the helpdesk. There was always too much to do with too little people. Co workers were very helpful but can tell they had the "what do you want now" look on their face because they had little time to teach you how to do something without having a bunch of phone calls to tend to. I was very very micro managed so the point I was asking myself constantly "why are they asking me details about every little thiing I do or don't do". I personally felt there was little to no room for mistakes, as when I made one regardless of how small, I later would have three emails from different supervisors, a follow up meeting and a touch base for every mistake (can anyone say officespace movie?). Office is cramped and they moved the helpdesk to rediculous "workbench" style seats where you have absolutely no privacy at all. Very picky about everything because their contracts with customers are month to month and not yearly etc. great learning opportunity but came at a rush to get something done. I found myself never having the time to learn a customer very well because I had to "move onto the next call/ticket" almost immediately. I like goals to get certifications, but one every six months is not sitting well eith me. I barely have time at work you think I want to spend all my free time studying to get a pass on an exam every six months? Nah...

Some helpdesk functions were definitely more of a systems engineer or systems admin type of duties, NOT a helpdesk dutie (tape backups, dns and dhcp). They give you an engineer test at your interview, tell you it means nothinng. I feel like it does actually because most stuff on that test had zero to do with helpdesk. They gave me an engineer test because that is what I was doing in my job lol.
    The hiring pricess is like you will never see, and it is because they want good people. It makes me wonder though.

Advice to Management

Hire more than the bare minimum that your "workload reports" tell you. Maybe longer lunch breaks, 401k match, private seating a bit more realistic goals.