SYKES Reviews | Glassdoor

SYKES President & CEO Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

2,236 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • work from home is very convenient (in 435 reviews)

• Best benefit is a happy work environment (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • Back to back calls can be exhausting, need more employees (in 31 reviews)

• Sometimes it's hard to give excellent customer service when the clock is ticking (in 58 reviews)

1. "nice place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Suffolk, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Suffolk, VA

I have been working at SYKES part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

work from home is very convenient

Cons

pay is on the low side

Advice to Management

great Job

2. "Great Experience!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at SYKES part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling and work balance life was amazing, my manager starting out was super understanding, benefits are decent being it work from home

Cons

Training could be a little bit better! Being on the phones all day makes it a long shift, pay could be a little better

3. "Customer Care Agent"

Current Employee - Customer Care Agent in Jennings, LA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Agent in Jennings, LA

I have been working at SYKES part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working remote work allows flexibility and is a very appealing work environment

Cons

My skills are not fully utilized

4. "Team Leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Boise Junction, ID
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Boise Junction, ID

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employees to work with.

Cons

Senior Leadership is lacking in several areas.

Advice to Management

Communicate openly, apply rules and guidelines to all employees equally.

5. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - CSA in Providence, UT
    Former Employee - CSA in Providence, UT

I worked at SYKES (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive:
    They train you and they pay while training.
    They pay you every two weeks direct deposit.
    You sorta of choose the hours you work.
    They are willing to work with you.
    You are never alone. There is always someone to help.

Cons

No sick days. You have to work or find someone to work your shift or receive negative hours and feed back.

Advice to Management

Na

6. "decent"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

easy job o get, easy interview, young energetic

Cons

ratchet, unorganized, messy, low pay,

7. "Cool gig."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Shortly after I was hired, management bumped everyone up to 12.00 per hour. That was a pretty cool gesture. The majority of supervisor floor support does care about helping the customers. Within the lines of Sony's company policy of course.

Open door policy was preached which is a good idea. I just put my head down and tried to work my shift though. So, I personally never tested out if Sykes management practiced what they preach regarding an open door policy.

My team members were cool. Wut up Justin and Dwyane?! Hope y'all still killin it over there. Anyways, If our over zealous team lead wasn't available the senior agents went out of their way to help the newbies. Don't know the culture and habits of other teams though.

The site was legit. Bball hoops, ping pong table, PS4...

Cons

Wasn't a big fan of the 4 ten-hour work week days.

Advice to Management

If your floor support dont avoid eye contact or simply ignore a new person on the floor that needs help. I mean the problem will get handled. Its just a bad look.

I recall looking across the floor and observing several agents with hands up while management was playing PlayStation making no effort to assist.

"Remote Fun Position"

Former Employee - CCP in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - CCP in Wilmington, NC

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home was the best and ONLY perk.

Cons

The position requires the agent to utilize multiple applications within their network that rarely worked, causing tons of unneeded stress for the agent and customers calling in. Management offered little to no assistance except for weekly reviews from listening to your calls to which were always by different managers and never consist with critiques. Hours are horrible as you are required to be available for the 12 hours shifts but will only be scheduled and paid for 8 hours or less...ie...they will give you several small breaks and a 1-2 hr break leaving little to no time for family or appointments and getting time off is rare unless you can beg someone to take your shift. Pay is bi-weekly with overtime offered if you can handle the mass call volume, defective network systems and customers screaming constantly because you are not given adequate tools to do the job.

Advice to Management

You would keep employees longer if you would offer SET SCHEDULES that made sense and adequate, working tools to do the job required.

9. "work to live not live to work"

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family style workplace and Great Community

Cons

not a good balance between life and work

10. "Work hard no opportunities"

Former Employee - Tax Associate in Fayetteville, GA
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in Fayetteville, GA

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can definitely say the experience was not bad when it came to being treated equally as a transgender woman they did accommodate my name to show in the system as the one I want to go by I do appreciate that of course

Cons

When to comes to not being noticed is the worst part All they do is use you for the time they got you and they just let you go It seems that you work extra hard just to be told you’re put back in the application pool (ramp down) why is that why can’t you keep your employees and just transfer them to a different client especially if their numbers look good. yet now I have two bills I incurred my Internet bill and my phone bill that I’m now paying Comcast $130 for just so I had this job and now I was laid off for what. even the hiring process was awful i still have them messaging me on their hiring site that i need to send paper work of what i have your word is not good enough for them i must have invested over 354 dollars on equipment they don’t give you then getting a bill i should have not been dealt with. they don’t even train you on the system you have to self learn. they even have this channel on slack called traffic and they tell employees to check why are you on a long call for the coaches to personal message you and say you ok on the call why are you long call and i was like because i am helping someone with their taxes sometimes calls can be a hour long i even had a call that was 2 hours and 30 mins long. they even forced me to do this “extra” polishing of my knowledge so it felt so humiliating to be told how to handle customer calls just because the customer put 2 about the product and they said i was a 10 1/2 they still put you through the ringer like your not doing good even when you are. if you want to save your self the hard time of incurring cost and not having to ask your self do i have a job sykes is not the place to be. i hey also “make” you stay to clear their que just to be let go And all honesty I really feel used they gave me false promises false hope for growth and gave me no incentives on top of it for the good work I’ve done I was even talked about in a good way by many of higher ups and they still take no notice they just put you back in an application pool like you’re just a number and you’re just
    cattle. start treating people like human beings and noticed the hard work they put in your company to make it look good because I was one of the very few that actually made your company look great on that TurboTax campaign you have.

Advice to Management

You need to take better notice in the good employees that you have especially the ones at bringing great service and great work ethic it just seems that no matter how hard you work and how good you do they just still put you back in the application pool. also need to communicate better instead of being this “group” of people feeling in charge we are a team not a police state. you also need to stop messaging with people phone tool as well

Showing 2,236 of 2,275 reviews