SYKES Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
SYKES President & CEO Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes your calls can be back to back all day long (in 22 reviews)

• I really feel the pay should be increased for at home customer service workers (in 43 reviews)

1. "Have been here 4 years without a proper raise. You only get a raise of $.15 for every 3000 hours worked."

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home allows flexibility for those who are in school or have children. It's decent money if you are supplementing income.

Cons

Doesn't pay well, horrible benefits. No decent pay raises unless can work 10,000 hours in a year. The pay will not be enough to survive on as a single income.

Advice to Management

Give better incentives that aren't designed to increase your bottom line.

2. "Don't do it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Pros

It's a job, nice break room area

Cons

Horrible management
    Catty grown children

Advice to Management

Stop sleeping with one another

3. "Sykes/Alpine Access work at home"

Current Employee - Customer Service Slave in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Slave in Denver, CO

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work from home, dont need to use your own pc

Cons

work from home (kills your social life and network opportunities), pay is garbage, back to back to back calls, company lies to you constantly, scheduling is 24/7, you work 10 hour shifts but they schedule you 5 days a week still, lots of lies and misrepresentations, company is very unethical.

Advice to Management

pay more and you will get a better quality of employee and not have so much turnover.

"Overall job"

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Boise, ID

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing is good about this place in Boise ID Sykes fraud floor

Cons

I would never tell someone to apply for this job or use there service. If u like to be treated like complete crap then this is the place for you.. the 3 months I've been here working I have been lied to. Been told that im the one that has issues because im calling tls out because there not following Sykes or capital one policey they do whatever they want to do seems like and they try and cover up there tracks so they don't get in trouble. Been waiting 2 months 14 days to speak with hr and Everytime i brought it up to the tls on fraud floor was told that out of blue there was no policy that I had to go to front desk to speak with her and been turned down 2 times now. At this point im letting everyone know what is going on in social media because honestly if a business is trying this hard to not let me talk to hr b ecause there in the wrong. They don't need to be in bissness at all how they treat there employees. Currently everyone on the fraud floor has been treating me like crap Nd giving wrong info im sure Sykes is hoping I will just quite so they don't have to worry about it or it get to capital one hr board.. at this point I will be contacting ktvb news on your side and letting them know my story so other people around here don't get treated like I did when I was there. As a actual human bean it sucks being treated like Sykes treat there employees. I even brought people to work for Sykes and they were treated the same way and quite. So there is a problem here and it needs to be fixed or inforced right away because it sucks getting treated like we were here. I sure hope someone that can do something about this looks at this and puts this building under investigation because it's not a trust worthly a place to work.. WARNING DO NOT WORK HERE OR WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING UNLESS U LIKE TO BE TREATED LIKE I SAID ABOVE.. WOULD HATE FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO GO THREW THIS PUTS SO MUCH STRESS ON A PERSON ITS crap. U SHOULD BE HAPPY COMING TO WORK BUT WHEN YOUR TOLD WHAT I WAS TOLD WHO Wouldn't WORK FOR COMPANY THAT DOESNT CARE ABOUT U TREATES U LIKE A NUMBER. EVERYONE THAT IS A TL IN FRAUD THERE ALL ON DIFFERNT PAGES ONE PERSON TELLS U NO OTHER TELLS YoU YES SO THEY NEED RE TRAINING DONE ON FRAUD FAST FLOOR MAjor ISSUES. I HOPE THEY GO UNDER AND CAPITAL ONE DOESNT RENEW THERE CONTRACT WITH SYKES. THERES OTHER COMPanys that actually care about there employees and need the work and that's where capital one should go to renew there contract unless there as shady as Sykes run there bissness.. im still currently waiting to speak with hr which is crazy to me but like I was told from Sykes im crazy and have anger issues. I have all the documents to prove everything that was said when I do speak with them names,dates,times ,and location where it took place

Advice to Management

Nothing to say but u guys need to start fixing all this stuff around here because u will be on the news soon if nothing is done about this FYI. As far as im concerned I hope Boise location closes there doors after it is broadcasted.

"Bad Management"

Current Employee - CSA in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - CSA in Boise, ID

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The building is nice and the friendships.

Cons

They need better pay, benefits, management & attitudes.

7. "RUN AWAY!!! It's an air conditioned boiler room call center"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None..potential to make lots of money if you're heartless enough

Cons

Short breaks, garbage benefits, not enough support when you need help and very inflexible schedules

Advice to Management

Maybe if they paid attention to their employees the average time an employee stays with the company would be more than 4 months

8. "Sounds Better than it is"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Working from home
    Portable if you move from one location to another
    Will pay you hourly not per call
    Has room for advancement

Cons

Training is iffy; spent a lot of training hours listening to trainers fixing other students problems--some people did not receive equipment or passwords in a timely fashion
    Promised 20-30 hours per week--actually received 13-15 (except between Thanksgiving and Christmas) but you were still required to be available to them 42 1/2 per week making it difficult to get a second job
    "Support" consisted of typing questions into a chat room window and hoping someone saw the question, read it properly and answered it correctly. Support reps often couldn't answer questions so you were supposed to tell customers to go to dot com or that the issue was "still being researched" inadequate answers that left customers frustrated and you on the receiving end of this frustration. There was also some sort of online support document that was difficult to search.
    Software was out of date. Soft phone was problematic and often went down and dropped calls
    One of the worst jobs I've ever had. Worked seasonal for Hallmark and was then offered a job for Frontier Communications which has some of the worst customer service reviews I've ever read. Gave up on this company and moved on.

Advice to Management

Offer adequate training to your employees and make sure your support reps are able to not so overwhelmed that they cannot answer questions properly. Make your hiring process less like an assembly line

9. "Worst Job I've Ever Had"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people and the money

Cons

Offering home services or tablets on every call even if the customer just stated they can barely afford their bill. Not enough floor support. Most floor support is terrible, giving vague answers and walking away. Being asked why you have an escalation when you've been trying to get help from floor support for 15 minutes or more. It seems like floor support also expects you to know everything they know, even if you never learned it in training. Being written up for: not offering on every single call, drive-by offers, weak offers, offering one thing and not the other.

They also changed my hours three times since I started there. I told them I couldn't do it the last time because I have children. They told me "well you can sign a resignation form because this is what you signed up for"

Advice to Management

Fix yourselves

10. "They stole my vacation pay."

Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Fort Smith, AR
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Fort Smith, AR

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some nice people are there.

Cons

Management and administration that does not listen and can not be bothered by the employees. I had almost 80 hours vacation time saved up when I left the company and when I finally to paid (took a long time because they waited 9 days to put in the paperwork so I had to wait 4 weeks for it) it was only about $277 after taxes. They stole half of my vacation time. Also, due to an error, I was not reported at work one day. I told my manager about it and it took 6 weeks to get paid. Also, if you want to go anywhere, you better be good friends with management. Constantly promoting people without even posting the jobs or giving anyone else an opportunity to advance.

Advice to Management

Do your job and take care of the employees instead of acting like they are a burden.

11. "Cust"

Current Employee - Cust Care in Morristown, TN
    Current Employee - Cust Care in Morristown, TN

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job is easy love to help customers

Cons

Stress unfair hostile all from management

Advice to Management

Respect people treat them as human being

Showing 415 of 1,636 reviews