SYKES Reviews | Glassdoor

SYKES Reviews

Updated September 19, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ability to work from home and committed to promoting from within (in 360 reviews)

• Best benefit is a happy work environment (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • Back to back calls can be exhausting, need more employees (in 26 reviews)

• I really feel the pay should be increased for at home customer service workers (in 51 reviews)

1. "Not Good!!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montgomery, AL

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job being that you talk on phone to customers. You can sit or stand, whatever is more comfortable.

Cons

Too many to list. Management is a joke. Most of the people who are managers just happened to get hired at the right time. Most managers are so unprofessional. And the company micro-manages everything so much they make it ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring anybody who walks in the door and actually put a little effort into who you hire. Also, make sure everyone has to follow through same rules.

2. "Do not believe anything you are told"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You work with good people

Cons

Management is out of touch with the people who work every day to support the company

Advice to Management

Stop lying.
    If you make a promise keep it.
    Give promotions.
    Higher your pay.
    Offer better incentives

Sep 12, 2017 – HR Representative

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We recognize that our success is due to the hard-working dedicated team members who deliver the service and support on behalf of our clients every day. We are... More

3. "Gaming Specialist"

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros for working here

Cons

Management could care less about you. If you miss any time you get written up. If you improve and make one mistake you are fired.

Advice to Management

I think all the management should be fired and replaced with people that actually care.

"Save your soul do not work at Sykes the unfiltered truth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

we have a wonderful site director who has 5 PHD's, that has been promoted to head janitor, he was way to friendly, smart, and loyal he did not fit in with the rest of our leaders, they have no phd's and are to busy covering their own rearends to be loyal or caring.

Cons

Where to start, Senior Leadership is so busy trying to oust each other they do not realize their pawns are people. This extends all the way to the corporate level. They demand your soul yet can not fulfill simple promises or pay out your incentives in a timely fashion. We try to come to work with smiles and good attitudes, but it is hard to persevere when the focus is on the negative. Our TL's for the most part are pretty amazing unfortunately their bosses are always busy so if they do not know the answer it will take for ever to get help. No one truely listens they just pretend and I know this because nothing changes. They will throw another incentive at you that you may or may not get even if you earned it, yet they are unwilling to swallow their pride admit when they are wrong, work together or even just show you a little respect. We do not like to see our TL's cry in frustration, we do not like to see so many get fired, we do not like the culture of fear or your two faced mask you wear. Our leaders should set the example for the rest to follow, if we acted as poorly or rashly as the lot of you "Senior Mangers" we would already be fired. Before you talk LISTEN, before you react THINK, before you criticize WAIT. How can you possible be proud of what you do or or your actions. If you would like to fix our "problems" you need to fix yourself, because unfortunately for all of us that depend on Sykes Boise for our paycheck our biggest problems are not us and why people do not come to work, it's YOU!

Advice to Management

Grow up, be fair be reasonable, most of all come to work do your job and be NICE! Great job slapping our faces with our company motto that we do not follow, idea change our slogan to we ruin lives one uncaring interaction at a time, it is much more fitting to our true way of live.

Aug 30, 2017 – HR Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're sorry your situation did not meet with our normal high standards. SYKES takes great pride in providing a supportive, growth oriented work... More

"Real Talk"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Wise, VA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Wise, VA

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Schedule choices, fast paced, lot of opportunities for feedback and coaching, promotes from within, co-workers, attendance policies, OT opportunities, supportive management (if you're lucky).

Cons

Pay is the biggest con. You're not paid fairly for the hard work you have to do daily. It's not fair most management only makes a dollar more than a entry level agent. Upper management not being heavily involved with lower management and agents, more job support while on the production floor, better interviewing process that are a bit more selective, favoritism, micromanaging, terrible benefits.

Advice to Management

Listen to your agents and lower level management. We are the people who make or break you. While you sit in your offices making more money than we will see in years, thanks to us, we are fighting on the front lines. We at times crumble under the stress you place on us. We stick it out though because for the most part you pay our bills. You do not provide us a living wage. You service clients who are in the top 25 Fortune 500 compatibles while your agents and lower management are still having to struggle pay check to pay check. You claim so much money is there to be made but this is straight up dishonest. Stop acting like you care. Let's start proving it. Let's create a call center company based on merit, dignity, integrity, and honesty. If this was the case you would excel and would not have some of the highest turn over rates in the industry.

Aug 18, 2017 – HR Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry your situation did not turn out as you had hoped it would. As a fast-growing company, we know our success is possible due to the many... More

6. "Bad experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Provo, UT

I worked at SYKES (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing but bad management and pay

Cons

Low wages high cost for insurance does not pay u for time worked. I had to go to the labor board to have them pay me. And was assult ed my a manager

Advice to Management

Control your coaches and pay the employees the money for working the hours they worked

"Horrible Place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from Home. No dress code at home.

Cons

Terrible hours. The attrition rate is horrible because the managers don't know what they are doing. You can never get a straight answer. The benefits are sorry, don't even give you what is required for Obamacare and the cost is not worth what you pay. No room for growth even though they say there is. You get a small .15 raise for every 3000 hours but you have to fight to make sure they give it to you. You never get the same answer twice. No phone number to call, everything is email. Run as fast as you can from this company. They have grown so big they do not care about the agent anymore and you are at the mercy of the client. If they lose the client and you don't get picked up by another one you are out of luck.

Advice to Management

Go back to treating your employees like people instead of numbers and train them better so they will stay with the company. Pay them better and listen to your agents.

Aug 18, 2017 – HR Representative

Your feedback is appreciated. We greatly value all the hard work and dedication from all of our associates, and typically receive excellent feedback from Work At Home team members, many of whom... More

8. "Wouldn't recommend unless you are desperate..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chavies, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chavies, KY

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is okay for the area and anyone can get full time

Cons

Constant write ups and firing, your job is never safe so there is always that fear of getting written up or even fired over something small.

There isn't enough floor support, anytime you need help expect to be holding your hand in the air for over 30 minutes, same goes for when a customer needs a manager

Not a place to move up, even if all your stats are good they still find ways to keep you down.

They expect too much out of the workers, it's customer service and they want us selling to irate customers and get good feedback while doing so, they recently fired a bunch of people fresh out of a training class because there sales weren't good, rather than working with them to improve they just fired them.

They don't want you to get up to use the bathroom when you need to go... if it's a lot then sure but 1-2 times a day ain't gonna hurt.

The incentives for selling services are very poor

The people who add stuff onto peoples services without there permission are rewarded while the people who are honest and make a honest amount of revenue are threatened there job basically because they don't meet "goal".

Advice to Management

Stop being negative to your workers and maybe they will actually enjoy there job somewhat and put in more effort.

Rather than being quick to fire people work with them and try to make them better, the people fired fresh out of training weren't given a chance.

Be more realistic with your expectations, we are not gonna get sales every day, it's not possible unless we just add random stuff onto peoples accounts, most of our issues are billing issues and the last thing they want to do is spend more money.

Promote more people because there is never enough floor support for the amount of workers there taking calls, there is always good tenured agents there who would be great helpers but they don't ever take them off the phones to help.

9. "Lack of Management"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can work from home

Cons

Very, very bad health insurance

Advice to Management

Take care of your employee's. Making them pay 1/3 of their paycheck on health insurance that has a 1/6th a years pay deductible isn't going to work.

Aug 18, 2017 – HR Representative

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. SYKES is dedicated to all of our hard-working associates. Even as a work-at-home team member, when you're hired by SYKES, you are an employee – not an independent... More

"Not a great atmosphere nor good for Customer Care."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job...That's about all I can say.

Cons

They do not care about the contracts they are working on, just the bottom line for their budgets. They do not care about quality Customer Care, just get them off the phone. They do not care about their employees...everyone is just a number and can easily be replaced.

Advice to Management

Rethink your company feel. The environment is very hostile for everyone concerned.

Jul 26, 2017 – HR Representative

Your feedback is appreciated. We're sorry your experience did meet our normal high standards. Throughout the world, SYKES associates are united in collaboration, united in innovation, and united in a... More

Showing 464 of 1,853 reviews