SYKES Reviews | Glassdoor

1,720 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,720 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ability to work from home and committed to promoting from within (in 339 reviews)

• Great trainer and enjoyed the work environment (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • Back to back calls can be exhausting, need more employees (in 24 reviews)

• I really feel the pay should be increased for at home customer service workers (in 45 reviews)

1. "Bad experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Provo, UT

I worked at SYKES (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing but bad management and pay

Cons

Low wages high cost for insurance does not pay u for time worked. I had to go to the labor board to have them pay me. And was assult ed my a manager

Advice to Management

Control your coaches and pay the employees the money for working the hours they worked

2. "Real Talk"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Wise, VA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Wise, VA

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Schedule choices, fast paced, lot of opportunities for feedback and coaching, promotes from within, co-workers, attendance policies, OT opportunities, supportive management (if you're lucky).

Cons

Pay is the biggest con. You're not paid fairly for the hard work you have to do daily. It's not fair most management only makes a dollar more than a entry level agent. Upper management not being heavily involved with lower management and agents, more job support while on the production floor, better interviewing process that are a bit more selective, favoritism, micromanaging, terrible benefits.

Advice to Management

Listen to your agents and lower level management. We are the people who make or break you. While you sit in your offices making more money than we will see in years, thanks to us, we are fighting on the front lines. We at times crumble under the stress you place on us. We stick it out though because for the most part you pay our bills. You do not provide us a living wage. You service clients who are in the top 25 Fortune 500 compatibles while your agents and lower management are still having to struggle pay check to pay check. You claim so much money is there to be made but this is straight up dishonest. Stop acting like you care. Let's start proving it. Let's create a call center company based on merit, dignity, integrity, and honesty. If this was the case you would excel and would not have some of the highest turn over rates in the industry.

"Former Employee Work from Home"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to work from home.

Cons

Training is marginally provided. You are on your own with working through learning curves of routine tech issues that arise. Very fast pace environment.

"I enjoyed my job helping others."

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Greenwood Shores, SC
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Greenwood Shores, SC

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They didn't treat their workers fair.

Cons

They lied about your money.

"Handy Computer"

Current Employee - Customer Care in Missoula, MT
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Missoula, MT

I have been working at SYKES part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sykes provided a small computer to work from home. Had a post-it note that had "Alpine2" and "-3bears8Porridge" on it . If you use that to sign on your able to use the computer for regular stuff. Very handy if your computer is broken.

Cons

Pay is not very good and sometimes its hard to get the hours you need

6. "Horrible Place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from Home. No dress code at home.

Cons

Terrible hours. The attrition rate is horrible because the managers don't know what they are doing. You can never get a straight answer. The benefits are sorry, don't even give you what is required for Obamacare and the cost is not worth what you pay. No room for growth even though they say there is. You get a small .15 raise for every 3000 hours but you have to fight to make sure they give it to you. You never get the same answer twice. No phone number to call, everything is email. Run as fast as you can from this company. They have grown so big they do not care about the agent anymore and you are at the mercy of the client. If they lose the client and you don't get picked up by another one you are out of luck.

Advice to Management

Go back to treating your employees like people instead of numbers and train them better so they will stay with the company. Pay them better and listen to your agents.

7. "Wouldn't recommend unless you are desperate..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chavies, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chavies, KY

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is okay for the area and anyone can get full time

Cons

Constant write ups and firing, your job is never safe so there is always that fear of getting written up or even fired over something small.

There isn't enough floor support, anytime you need help expect to be holding your hand in the air for over 30 minutes, same goes for when a customer needs a manager

Not a place to move up, even if all your stats are good they still find ways to keep you down.

They expect too much out of the workers, it's customer service and they want us selling to irate customers and get good feedback while doing so, they recently fired a bunch of people fresh out of a training class because there sales weren't good, rather than working with them to improve they just fired them.

They don't want you to get up to use the bathroom when you need to go... if it's a lot then sure but 1-2 times a day ain't gonna hurt.

The incentives for selling services are very poor

The people who add stuff onto peoples services without there permission are rewarded while the people who are honest and make a honest amount of revenue are threatened there job basically because they don't meet "goal".

Advice to Management

Stop being negative to your workers and maybe they will actually enjoy there job somewhat and put in more effort.

Rather than being quick to fire people work with them and try to make them better, the people fired fresh out of training weren't given a chance.

Be more realistic with your expectations, we are not gonna get sales every day, it's not possible unless we just add random stuff onto peoples accounts, most of our issues are billing issues and the last thing they want to do is spend more money.

Promote more people because there is never enough floor support for the amount of workers there taking calls, there is always good tenured agents there who would be great helpers but they don't ever take them off the phones to help.

"Got to have a good mindset"

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Provo, UT

I worked at SYKES (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company. Multiple departments to work for. Ancestry.com, Xbox, etc. Great discounts on travel, home, and auto.

Cons

If you don't have a mindset that you are still at work, even though it's from home, do not do this job. If you have distractions like T.Vs, games, pets, children, etc. then this job is going to be hard if you don't know how to jungle your time accordingly from work to home.

Advice to Management

Have a better way to contact management and better way to ask for help when needed.

9. "Collections/ CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great on the job training. Great for no job experience and to start a steady job.

Cons

No chance for advancement. You have to know someone to move up.

Advice to Management

Should not play favorites for those applying for promoting up the ladder

"🤷🏽‍♀️ not the best place."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the job itself is easy, when you don't get bombarded with so many calls from different lines of business. they do participate in employee appreciation week and that's actually really nice, about the only time Adrienne is ever nice (not pushing it) and when they do the cookouts it's also nice, shows a bit of appreciation.

Cons

it's like jail lol... the manager is literally a dictator, she is not a leader by any means, and everyone else is just her minion. if it weren't for her, it'd be an awesome place to work tbh. plus, the hours suck.

Advice to Management

learn to manage!

Showing 1,720 of 1,745 reviews