SYKES Reviews | Glassdoor

SYKES Reviews

Updated August 18, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ability to work from home and committed to promoting from within (in 350 reviews)

• Great trainer and enjoyed the work environment (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • Back to back calls can be exhausting, need more employees (in 25 reviews)

• I really feel the pay should be increased for at home customer service workers (in 50 reviews)

1. "Do not work here, overworked and low pay. No incentives. No advancement."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at SYKES as a contractor

Pros

Work @ Home, Ability to work at home.

Cons

The equipment you receive from this company is used, outdated and damaged. Costing you time and money to wait for replacements which are as bad as the initial equipment. Read all re-hire information because if you get fired for say bereavement or illness you will not be reconsidered for re-hire. Lack of communication in this company is appalling.

Advice to Management

It's not just another day for you, people that choose to take on this job need proper instruction. Lack of professionalism and poor communication make this company impossible to work for.

2. "company sucks"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at SYKES (More than a year)

Pros

the pay is ok and there is plenty of training

Cons

they don't care about the employees and the time and energy put into the job you have does not pan out to the pay you receive. the allotted time you get to be out regardless of circumstances is ridiculous they do not care if you have a family or not nothing comes before the quota that is set nor does anything come before the company you never see the managers unless the executives come from out of town then we get 5 star treatment for that one day that they are there

"Horrible Company"

Current Employee - Alpine Access CCP in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Alpine Access CCP in Frederick, MD

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

Working from home is nice

Cons

Working from home for idiots is AWFUL

Advice to Management

Show some compassion and stop sucking up to upper management and support your agents

"Travel Agent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

There are no Pros to this company.

Cons

This is not a Travel Agent job. This is booking online and using Sabre GDS for exchanges or multi-segment travel only. Poor training, must supply 2 monitors, 2 headsets, your own personal landline phone and purchase a Call Center Phone $50 for a semi decent one. Class to large 60+ for a trainer that read everything and could not answer questions for that many people. Training times changed, the assessment tests were poorly worded and was advised they did not count. Must start logging into the multi-websites at least 15-20 minutes prior (unpaid) and you can have a tornado over your head but that is no excuse to not be logged in and on time (late into training once 3 minutes and accused of being late). No honesty and the Trainers were quick to discuss the class for all to hear. Any problems with computer or passwords you deal with on your own time unpaid. Not enough Trainers to assist properly with OJT. You are forced to resign or quit after you can no longer return equipment you had to purchase and you must dedicate your personal landline to the company. That was done when advised but accused twice of not having it done because they called my cell phone and not my landline. One hand does not speak to the other and it becomes the new hires fault. No apologies ever offered. With unanswered questions be prepared to try and study and practice on your own time with the hopes of getting everything correct as they do not supply a Manual so you must take notes, watch your screen, and forget asking questions.

Advice to Management

Get better Trainers, send out a Training Manual. Advise Trainers to not discuss the new hires while on the same phone line for all to hear. You set everyone up for failure.

5. "Customer services representive"

Pros

Good pay if you have no responsibilities. Holidays off. Coworkers are helpful , and it's fun.

Cons

You have to be good to get overtime. They never want to approve for you to get off, even if you requested 3 weeks in advance. The TL walk around during nothing but get an attitude when you ask for help...

Advice to Management

If you approve people request then you wouldn't have a problem with people calling out, not showing up, or quitting.

"Have been here 4 years without a proper raise. You only get a raise of $.15 for every 3000 hours worked."

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home allows flexibility for those who are in school or have children. It's decent money if you are supplementing income.

Cons

Doesn't pay well, horrible benefits. No decent pay raises unless can work 10,000 hours in a year. The pay will not be enough to survive on as a single income.

Advice to Management

Give better incentives that aren't designed to increase your bottom line.

"Don't do it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Pros

It's a job, nice break room area

Cons

Horrible management
    Catty grown children

Advice to Management

Stop sleeping with one another

8. "Awful Recruiters"

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

Nothing positive to say about the interview process

Cons

They hire people to just fill slots then they over hire and have to let people go after onboarding because the recruiters and HR are incompetent. A friend and I were hired together and she was cut because of over staffing. As soon as I find a new job I am out of here because Sykes is a TERRIBLE company to work for with the way treat people.

Advice to Management

Find better people to recruit and treat your employees with some respect and decency.

"Sykes/Alpine Access work at home"

Current Employee - Customer Service Slave in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Slave in Denver, CO

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work from home, dont need to use your own pc

Cons

work from home (kills your social life and network opportunities), pay is garbage, back to back to back calls, company lies to you constantly, scheduling is 24/7, you work 10 hour shifts but they schedule you 5 days a week still, lots of lies and misrepresentations, company is very unethical.

Advice to Management

pay more and you will get a better quality of employee and not have so much turnover.

"Overall job"

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Boise, ID

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing is good about this place in Boise ID Sykes fraud floor

Cons

I would never tell someone to apply for this job or use there service. If u like to be treated like complete crap then this is the place for you.. the 3 months I've been here working I have been lied to. Been told that im the one that has issues because im calling tls out because there not following Sykes or capital one policey they do whatever they want to do seems like and they try and cover up there tracks so they don't get in trouble. Been waiting 2 months 14 days to speak with hr and Everytime i brought it up to the tls on fraud floor was told that out of blue there was no policy that I had to go to front desk to speak with her and been turned down 2 times now. At this point im letting everyone know what is going on in social media because honestly if a business is trying this hard to not let me talk to hr b ecause there in the wrong. They don't need to be in bissness at all how they treat there employees. Currently everyone on the fraud floor has been treating me like crap Nd giving wrong info im sure Sykes is hoping I will just quite so they don't have to worry about it or it get to capital one hr board.. at this point I will be contacting ktvb news on your side and letting them know my story so other people around here don't get treated like I did when I was there. As a actual human bean it sucks being treated like Sykes treat there employees. I even brought people to work for Sykes and they were treated the same way and quite. So there is a problem here and it needs to be fixed or inforced right away because it sucks getting treated like we were here. I sure hope someone that can do something about this looks at this and puts this building under investigation because it's not a trust worthly a place to work.. WARNING DO NOT WORK HERE OR WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING UNLESS U LIKE TO BE TREATED LIKE I SAID ABOVE.. WOULD HATE FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO GO THREW THIS PUTS SO MUCH STRESS ON A PERSON ITS crap. U SHOULD BE HAPPY COMING TO WORK BUT WHEN YOUR TOLD WHAT I WAS TOLD WHO Wouldn't WORK FOR COMPANY THAT DOESNT CARE ABOUT U TREATES U LIKE A NUMBER. EVERYONE THAT IS A TL IN FRAUD THERE ALL ON DIFFERNT PAGES ONE PERSON TELLS U NO OTHER TELLS YoU YES SO THEY NEED RE TRAINING DONE ON FRAUD FAST FLOOR MAjor ISSUES. I HOPE THEY GO UNDER AND CAPITAL ONE DOESNT RENEW THERE CONTRACT WITH SYKES. THERES OTHER COMPanys that actually care about there employees and need the work and that's where capital one should go to renew there contract unless there as shady as Sykes run there bissness.. im still currently waiting to speak with hr which is crazy to me but like I was told from Sykes im crazy and have anger issues. I have all the documents to prove everything that was said when I do speak with them names,dates,times ,and location where it took place

Advice to Management

Nothing to say but u guys need to start fixing all this stuff around here because u will be on the news soon if nothing is done about this FYI. As far as im concerned I hope Boise location closes there doors after it is broadcasted.

Showing 448 of 1,792 reviews