SYKES Reviews | Glassdoor

2,068 reviews

Full-timePart-time

2,068 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work from home job with a perfect management staff (in 404 reviews)

• Best benefit is a happy work environment (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Back to back calls can be exhausting, need more employees (in 30 reviews)

• I really feel the pay should be increased for at home customer service workers (in 57 reviews)

1. "Terrible company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SYKES part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work at home... And that's it that's the only problem for this company there's absolutely nothing else

Cons

They don't care about you whatsoever if they mess up for example let's say they forget to tell you that there's a meeting you need to attend, and you don't attend because they failed to mention it to you, then YOU are to blame because you didn't show up for the meeting you were never informed about....let that sink in

Advice to Management

Actually give a damn about your employees and quit blaming the employees for your mistakes, just own up to your own mistakes and be professional for f sake

2. "Half the pay for triple the work for Coaches."

Current Employee - Facilitator/Coach in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Facilitator/Coach in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home and can be somewhat flexible. That’s really it, interns of “pros”, which is sad. It could be a fantastic experience.

Cons

Have not had a raise since I was promoted to coach/trainer/agent 4 years ago. Every time you ask for one, they give you an excuse as to why they can’t. I make 60% less than someone in my field in a brick and mortar, and they say that we save so much money working from home. However, I’ve never spent 60% of my paycheck on work related expenses. My states minimum wage went up, so now I make $0.13 more an hour than minimum wage, as a coach and trainer. They expect you to do everything they ask, accept more work load, but won’t pay you. Don’t waste your time. It’s not worth it just to work from home.

Advice to Management

Pay better. You can afford it.

3. "Love my job!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Owensboro, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Owensboro, KY

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome coaches, no stress if you are good with people, work at home, perfect hours.

Cons

I have none!!! None none

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!!!

"Paid training, then thrown to the wolves."

Current Employee - CCA in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - CCA in Denver, CO

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home in your pajamas, no day care needed. Opportunities to make more for every hour you meet your goals.

Cons

You are required to be at your desk for 8 full hours. If you have young children at home they will likely be neglected during that time. Very hectic and disorderly system, I was scheduled at times and days when my team leads were not. I had no help or assistance for hours. Once you are out of training there is little to no help, the help that is available is slim and hard to reach.

Advice to Management

Hire more upper management and help
    Support. I had a call that went for an hour simply because the managers were so backed up they couldn’t approve a request.

5. "Customer Service Rep"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere and Cool staff on a good day.

Cons

Inconsistent staff and had to dispute pay often.

6. "Run for you life!"

Former Employee - Agent in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Agent in Albany, NY

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very good at making you think it is going to be the best job ever! They also fill the rooms with positive words only allowed. That way nobody gets to comment on what is really going on.

Cons

The worst training ever. Yes! It is set up to be good but as they feed you the answers, never actually watching the videos or doing the training set up by the client, and skip right over the nesting part and then toss you into a system you know nothing about that they all say is wonderful but really is a huge bunch of information on any subject and certainly so hard to find with a simple search or you find too much with a simple search and end up trying to read an encyclopedia with your customer on the line while wading through years of information nobody updated or removed, that you are lost in space with a customer expecting a solution. Further, the wording is innocuous. Manager, Supervisor..those are the same thing depending on who is working. One could be WOC or one could be supervisor on any given day. Nobody really knows what the right thing to do is and that is why they keep telling you go to the KB and do not ask questions. It is all in there. Somewhere. Somehow. Maybe. Not really. Whatever. If you get lucky, you might find a solution! What does it matter anyway. Unless you are on foodstamps, or welfare, or some other credit for them who can make them money while answering calls, no matter how good you are as employee, you wont have a job for any decent amount of time there. You are seasonal. When tax season ends, it is all, oh see you next year! With a smile! You should expect nothing less.

Advice to Management

Enjoy the ride. It will not last forever. You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. While you pad the complaints up to the CEOs of these companies trying to prevent them finding out just horrible you are doing answering their calls and just how costly this is, they will eventually catch up. It starts on the ground floor. You treat your employees like they are expendable and they will eventually treat you the same. You dont need me or anyone to make this right. You are doing a good job of destroying yourselves.

7. "Ehh"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

Consistent schedule, Good benefits, keeps busy

Cons

Unprofessional Managers, No down time, feel like a machine working there

Advice to Management

Be professional

"Excellent company with very caring supervisors"

Current Employee - Alpine Access CCP in Ocala, FL
    Current Employee - Alpine Access CCP in Ocala, FL

I have been working at SYKES part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Although virtual, I feel appreciated and very connected with my co-workers and team lead. They really are supportive! This company encourages promotion from within.

Cons

No paid vacation time. The company used to offer PTO, but they've gotten away from that. I am part time and don't work enough hours to "earn" PTO each quarter. $0.15 raises every 3,000 hours. Depending on the client, call handle time or AHT is a big deal. Sometimes it's hard to give excellent customer service when the clock is ticking. How can one verify an account, engage the customer, resolve issues, probe for future issues, upsale a product and send emails to assist with the resolution, offer a survey and close the call in 7 to 9 minutes? More leniency on call handle time would be great.

Advice to Management

The mgt team for the virtual team is very supportive in my opinion.

9. "Great company"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

Great employees and employers decent salaries

Cons

More employment selections more one on one training if needed

Advice to Management

None

10. "Tax representative"

Pros

They give proper paid training with low salary but promise to increase it later by noting the performances.

Cons

Lower salary than market rate. If you get accepted, do it. Something is better than nothing till you wait for the next job.

Showing 2,068 of 2,103 reviews