SYKES Reviews | Glassdoor

1,619 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,619 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes your calls can be back to back all day long (in 22 reviews)

• I really feel the pay should be increased for at home customer service workers (in 44 reviews)

1. "I had a great work experience"

Pros

I got to approve my customer service skill
    Got to assist customers with issues
    Interacting with other people

Cons

Dealing with the Angry customers

Advice to Management

I have nothing to share at this time

"Excellent growth opportunities for leading company"

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company truly provides a quality service to its clients and is seen as a leader in the field with growth around every corner. Their Sykes Home segment of the business has so much exciting potential and technological support. The more I learn, the more impressed I become. I personally am working for the best boss I've ever had in my [15yr+] career. I look at places like Discover that put so much emphasis and personality into their quality customer service and i LOVE knowing that I work for a company that makes that kind of thing possible for our impressive list of clients.

As a corporate citizen, SYKES earns high marks with me. They have multiple initiatives for making a difference in peoples' lives both inside and outside the company (corporate Domestic Violence awareness campaigns, Veterans' support, Employee Relief Fund, local sites fundraising for local nonprofits, etc.) They are very LGBT supportive and work hard to create a workplace of true equals.

Cons

Lots of growth means lots of growing pains. Sometimes communication and technology bear the brunt of that. Patience and positive attitude go a long way in bridging those occasional gaps.

Advice to Management

Communication is key with change management issues. Engage, engage, engage! :)

3. "Great job with great opportunities!!"

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love Sykes! I started out in the Maintenance department at Sykes in Malvern, AR. I have been given opportunity after opportunity to grow, learn, and develop as I learned reception duties, recruiting duties, and HR systems. I have had the opportunity to build relationships with people all over the country. I get to train, help, and support folks on the front lines working with our customers...the CSA's. I love my job, my team, my boss, and my sites! I love what our local Sykes' does for our community by offering great job opportunities with great pay and benefits for our area. I also love to see all the great work we do to support our local schools and organizations that help those less fortunate. Finally, I love the Employee Relief Fund that was started this last year. I love the idea of employees helping other employees in need.

Cons

I don't take the benefits because i get a better deal with my husband's employer, but they are good if you don't have other options.

5. "I am truly enjoying my experience with Sykes-- the good, the bad, and the ugly."

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The reasons to work at Sykes would be the pay, benefits, location, the people, and the environment. If you are looking for a career opportunity with advancement opportunities then Sykes is the place to be. Personal growth is inevitable because it teaches you how to deal with people. You learn a lot about yourself by dealing with others. Sykes is a place where you can learn discipline, determination, and dedication. I truly believe that being with Sykes, I have learned that even with personal and professional growth- it's not a race. Sure we are a fast paced environment but at the end of the day, it's not all about being swift but enduring til the end.

Cons

Some challenges you will face in your journey with Sykes is that some people will have their own opinions about Sykes. The atmosphere is not for everyone and the job (in its entirety) is not for everyone; so with that, you will have a lot of negative feedback. If a person lacks discipline, determination, dedication, integrity, and moral standards then success in the business will not be an option.

Advice to Management

The only advice I would give to management is that you must keep believing in yourself and your dreams. The common goal is success.

6. "Good company"

Pros

Good supervisors who are willing to answer your questions and help you.
    Work from home which is great!

Cons

Pay could be better for certain positions, but its work from home so that is a huge plus!
    Not always steady work- if your position is seasonal there is not a guarantee to be another position available right away.

Advice to Management

N/A

Feb 21, 2015 – Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you. We appreciate the feedback and consistently look for ways to support our employees.

7. "Great!"

Pros

Great team! Great pay! Awesome growth

Cons

Not a lot of help when you need it. And late nights.

Advice to Management

Please don't forever us CSR'S

Feb 21, 2015 – Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you for the great feedback. Every bit helps us improve as an employer.

8. "SYKES provides career growth opportunities and international business experience"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're smart and hard working, there are lots of opportunities to excel and get international business experience.

Cons

Communication and coordination difficulties that accompany working for a large company.

Feb 21, 2015 – Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you... Yes, we have a strong promote from within guideline. We have literally thousands of employees who started as a Customer Service / Call Center Representative and have grown their career ... More

9. "Great place to work, grow and hone in your skills."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Promotions, leadership opportunities, open to new ideas, care about their employees

Cons

PTO policy could be revamped to have more time off per year quicker.

Advice to Management

Most companies of the size of Sykes have a standard 20 days PTO that comes into use after a year and then let 40 hours roll over. Something like this would be great.

10. "Great!!!!"

Current Employee - Commu in Kathleen, GA
    Current Employee - Commu in Kathleen, GA

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the Flexible schedule.

Cons

Sometimes you will get reassignments.

11. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - At Home Customer Service Representative in New Home, TX
    Current Employee - At Home Customer Service Representative in New Home, TX

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its at home.great training program and they make sure you have everything you need to do your job

Cons

You don't get dace to face contact w customers or people. Sometimes it's a little hard to prioritize working verses doing a project around the house. It is a job like any other you have to go to work and do your best.

Advice to Management

None.i would say just keep making your employees feel like they make a difference

Showing 1,619 of 1,642 reviews