SYKES Reviews | Glassdoor

2,068 reviews

Full-timePart-time

2,068 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work from home job with a perfect management staff (in 404 reviews)

• Best benefit is a happy work environment (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Back to back calls can be exhausting, need more employees (in 30 reviews)

• I really feel the pay should be increased for at home customer service workers (in 57 reviews)

1. "Customer service rep"

I worked at SYKES part-time

Pros

Working from home was the only pro.

Cons

The contract I was on was horrible and super unorganized. They also screwed up my pay almost every time. As agents we can see the commissions we brought in but we never saw a penny of it.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees!!

2. "They will fire you for no reason- Crooked HR, terrible trainers"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get to work at home

Cons

Everything else. Hours are inflexible, and their time keeping department is filled with inept baffoons. They will mark you as a NCNS as soon as they can, even if you followed procedure and kept in contact. Trainers are uneducated and couldn't care less about how well you succeed, they are just there to get you on the phone as soon as possible even if you don't fully understand the program. Mine was hardly even literate or able to be understood. HR could not care less and will not respond to anything, even if you have a valid complaint. Hopefully they still will not care when my lawyer contacts them for my wrongful termination suit.

Advice to Management

Hire honest upper level employees and department heads- clean house for who you have now because they are what will be leading to an inevitable downfall of your company. And retrain your HR. Stop being a new hire mill and start caring about the employees who have been with you.

3. "Customer Service"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

This company has no pros

Cons

everything about your hiring process especially your bull crap background checlk learn the laws and statue of limitation and stop acting like you pay enough to even do all the bull crap you want people to do.

Advice to Management

learn the laws and stop paying a company to do your work for you that doesnt do it either

4. "Horrible Company"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

I enjoyed the client I was given.

Cons

Poor Management. Very immature and condescending team "leaders". Was told it was a full time permanent position. Then 5 months later 40 of us were all told the same day that our "seasonal" hire was complete. And they said sorry for the miscommunication.

Advice to Management

Get all new ones....

5. "Horrible Training"

Pros

The pay is decent but that's pretty much it.

Cons

The training is slapped together and it leaves you with knowing nothing once you get on the floor

6. "Customer Service"

I worked at SYKES part-time

Pros

The ability to work for home

Cons

Not being respected by those put in a position of authority. Being screamed and yelled at for no reason.

7. "Sykes is a sad employer"

I have been working at SYKES (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with and the product we support are the pros. Great locations in Provo and American Fork. Frontier coaching model works very well.

Cons

Sykes operates on razor thin profit margins so they offer the worst benefits package I've ever seen. The health insurance premiums are outrageous and the coverage is very minimal for the premium you pay. They acquired Frontier BPO and no flexibility from Sykes benefit team on looking at a better health plan that was similar to what Frontier offered. I think this company will eventually go down because they treat employees so crappy with wage and benefits or be forced to employ solely internationally.

Advice to Management

Suck it up and put together a better benefits package. You don't have to embrace a business model that supports 100 percent plus annual employee turnover. Benefits can be an amazing retention tool and the savings from lower turnover will more than make up the cost. Calling out Todd and Steve to help drive this change. Don't give in to the Sykes business model. Also don't try to disguise the fact that the benefits suck to employees. Embrace it and own it.

8. "Terrible Management"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home is only benefit

Cons

VERY LOW PAY, terrible training, horrible process, no support from managers or leads. I would not tell my worst enemy to work for this horrible company. Only $9/HR taking calls for Walmart, one of the richest companies in the world, they should be ashamed. And they constantly tell us people have to log out unpaid or if no one wants to they will randomly choose people.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay! It is horrible to pay only $9 for people working hard for Walmart customers. Taking stressful calls back to back at horrible hours and no pay is terrible. The second I find another job I am quitting. I guess you think because people are working from home they do not deserve fair pay but you are wrong. It makes no sense to be in a group chat with managers but can not ask them questions, we have to be placed on long 20-30 minute holds for another manager to help, all while being told keep call times low. This company is ridiculous.

9. "Customer service"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

Work at home schedule if you purchase specific equipment

Cons

Poor training which continues even when there's a system issue with their equipment with chastising later for being unfamiliar with the content. Trainers change the protocol by favoritism. Pay is poor, call center work generally pays well as this draws quality employees. Sykes is using their training classes to manage their under staffed schedules to keep expenses low which causes the company represented a bad name.

Advice to Management

Consider a better training program. Send equipment out sooner with quality and test checks. Care about the brand names you are being paid to represent and how poorly you impact their businesses.

10. "Run away!!!"

Former Employee - Live Chat Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Live Chat Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting to play video games during training, I met my girlfriend there. Lots of couples started at sykes. I enjoyed working in the chat position.

Cons

Management, lack of assistance, getting more responsibility does not equal higher pay, you can get a promotion but it can take over 6 months to get the pay increase. Some of the managers are creepy, a supervisor came out during my break and was taking pictures of me he stopped when I told him I could see his flash

Advice to Management

Increase the pay rate, hire better trainers, and make sure those who are given floor walk positions actually know the information

Showing 2,068 of 2,103 reviews