SYKES Reviews | Glassdoor

1,773 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,773 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ability to work from home and committed to promoting from within (in 350 reviews)

• Great trainer and enjoyed the work environment (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • Back to back calls can be exhausting, need more employees (in 25 reviews)

• I really feel the pay should be increased for at home customer service workers (in 50 reviews)

"Very average and perhaps even sub-par."

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A paycheck and nothing more.

Cons

Badging in and out, meeting time multiple time restraints, and minimum accuracy gaps.

Advice to Management

Offer more pay, at least what the average call center is in surrounding areas.

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

? near places to buy lunch. Good supervisors and phone reps.

Cons

Noisy , dirty, clueless upper management . Normal friendly and motivating work atmosphere is non existent. The threat to fire , suspended or discipline is a daily occurrence on the floor as the management walks the call floor looking for violations . Very unprofessional management style . Hr is useless and NOT helpful in any way. This company has a extremely high turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Be retrained or replaced .

"CCP"

Current Employee - CCP
    Current Employee - CCP

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the only positive is that you are provided with a work computer so that you dont have to use your own.

Cons

Minimum wage training pay. then low pay for the amount of work you are expected to do. Nickel and dime you for every second you are at work. inadequate training, then thrown to the wolves to help customers when you have virtually no clue as to how to do so. constant tech issues. Just an awful place to work for.

"Law Suit Has Begun"

Current Employee - Cs Representative
    Current Employee - Cs Representative

I have been working at SYKES part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work at home that's it!

Cons

Low pay, did not pay me for a week, did not pay me for time logged in and did not pay me last check when I quit! High stress, wanted you to do all this work for 9.00 always monitored your calls-micromanaged and I was a top performer, promised to increase my pay within six months never happened, but always threatened to FIRE you!

Advice to Management

Just got my email for the lawsuit and I will be joining. Still have all my emails from HR and management about my pay that was never given to me and when your BOOT disk didn't work, you didn't pay me! Give me my money SYKES!!! Wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

"my experience was enjoyable at the beginning; however I was treated very unfair the longer I stayed with the company."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Malvern, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Malvern, AR

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to enhance my customer service skills with this company.

Cons

The company show a numerous about of favoritism towards a few selected people in the company.

"Horrible experience at Sykes"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

The only pro here is that they provide a computer for you to use for your shift and the fact that you can work from home.

Cons

The cons are as follows: The pay sucks, if you get paid at all. I have been scheduled for 63 hours in two weeks and was only paid for 57 of them. Why? Tech issues. If you're having a tech problem, you need to troubleshoot, and troubleshooting is NOT PAID. Information is changing constantly, and the team leads are all new. All of them. None of them know anything when you ask questions, the only answer they give is "I will look into that for you" and never get back to you. 6 weeks of training in a online class room with a week of calls, and then after the 6 weeks is done, you're in another 12 weeks of on the job training where your survey scores determine if you graduate or not. Note, this was not explained during the 6 week initial training. Your calls are constantly listened to and you are micromanaged on everything.

Advice to Management

Please take some time to consider your employees feelings and concerns. You ask us to email you with concerns but you never respond, theres no action taken.

"Take responsibility for your software malfunctions"

Current Employee - Account Management Specialist
    Current Employee - Account Management Specialist

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

Work from home. I really enjoy my job when i can actually do it and dont have to deal with rude managers and people who could care less and only want to blame you for their issues.

Cons

Management does not listen when you try to talk to them. They are rude and cant answer questions,

Technical issues and lots of them. Then they blame you for technical issues with their software. When you ask for help it's either your fault or they cant help.

Advice to Management

Take responsibility for the software issues and stop blaming it on employees.

"Bad company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They hire everybody and the pay isn't all bad

Cons

Bad management all managers unprofessional and some are criminals

Advice to Management

Watch the company

"horrible"

Former Employee - CCP in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - CCP in Denver, CO

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

working at home and being with my children, assisting my father who is ill saved on gas prices

Cons

my cable /internet provider was expeiriening tech issues causing my internet to malfunction after reaching out to my supervisor i was informed that i was being terminated

Advice to Management

help your rep instead of firing them

"Shady Company- stay away"

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only PRO with this company is working from home.

Cons

During the interview you are told of the multiple incentives and bonuses which you will never receive or no one you ask will know about again, You WILL spend time off the clock working without pay. They will not tell you about this until the end of your training when you start into production. If your computer (that they provide) or software (their software) messes up (and it will), you will not be paid for the time it takes you to restart and reload all of the software. They will tell you you will get paid, but they will find a way to not have to pay you. Expect this to happen several times a shift. I was scheduled for 40 hours a week, and only get 33-35 on my check per week. Not to mention I was early EVERY day to ensure I had all programs and software loaded (all unpaid) I NEVER received the attendance bonus even though I never missed one single day. I never received the other incentives for my metrics either. Had I known what I learned the hard way I would've never joined this company. Save your 45$ and find a legitimate company that is willing to pay you for what you do. It only pays from 8-10$ hr as it is, to have several hours of that taken that was hard earned money every week was just too much to accept.

Advice to Management

Start being honest with your employees. Start accepting responsibility for your job and take care of tech issues and ensure your workers are getting paid properly.

Showing 1,773 of 1,799 reviews