SYKES Reviews | Glassdoor

1,531 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,531 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Back to back calls as a Customer Care Professional (in 20 reviews)

• I really feel the pay should be increased for at home customer service workers (in 41 reviews)

"Worst job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Customer Support Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Support Representative

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They had such a high turnover rate they would hire anyone.

Cons

The customers were either angry or crazy, local management was useless, and corporate management seemed to be actively hostile toward their employees. Constant mandatory overtime to make up for the fact that they couldn't keep employees more than a month past the training. Taking away all of the tools that would allow us to quickly and effectively do our job.

Advice to Management

Put your employees just a little higher on the scale of important things.

"Aka Alpine Access"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home that's all.

Cons

Not paid for tech issues experienced with the equipment the company provides, micromanaged to the fullest extent. Negative quality scores that are really based on the company and not your service provided are counted against you even when customers specify it's not about you. Management/Team Leaders are liars and half the time have no intelligent answers to solve your problems nor the problems of the customers. Your quality rating scores are altered by the company to make you look bad when you ask too many questions that they can't answer to set you up for termination.

Advice to Management

Organize the company, recognize and appreciate quality employees, stick to your policies and don't apply them only to the companies advantage. In other words get your sh** together!

"I would not recommend this job to anyone. Change managers on me four time in one year. Pay check was always short."

Former Employee - Customer Support in Palatka, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Palatka, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work form home. Saved on gas.

Cons

Lots of unpaid time. Pay check was always incorrect.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees

"They lied to get me to work for them"

Former Employee - Pearson Support in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Pearson Support in Denver, CO

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My trainer was a nice person.

Cons

Poor pay, back to back calls, dishonesty. When I was hired (two months ago) I was told the job had no end date. This was reiterated throughout the month of training. Out of the blue last week we're told they are letting go of 2/3rds of the people they hired due to call volume slowing down. A little notice so I could at least look for something else would've been nice. They send an email saying 'As you were told during hire, this position is temporary', except we were actually told the opposite of that. Thanks for the waste of time sykes. Also, so far as I know I did nothing wrong. I was never written up or coached, I was told I was doing a good job if I asked. A good portion of the time the customers called up frustrated, me being the 3rd person they'd spoken with that day, and I was able to resolve their issues quickly and get them to smile.

Advice to Management

Hire people with ethics and morals to run the company.

"Sucks"

Pros

A paycheck every 2 weeks. Good job to hold you over until the next better one comes along

Cons

The pay is not competitive .. Promotions are biased and improperly trained... Somehow they don't pay for all your days and management doesn't seem to know how or why but then takes their precious time to get your money. I didn't get my 6 month raise due to them starting off at wrong hourly rate ..

Advice to Management

Get it together properly train people.. Better competitive pay and definite raises.

"Stressful..."

Pros

You have some great co-workers and make some awesome friends! Free SiriusXM radio subscription in you car and internet is cool.

Cons

I worked in lakeland 1, in the SiriusXM department... The management was horrible, she had already drove 3 other contracts into the ground, doesn't care about employees or customers, just money. Stressful sales calls, you call the same customers over and over again until they subscribe or DNC, you get written up for not making enough sales (even if most your calls were voicemails or reschedules), forgetting to say recording statement, or other stupid stuff... They tell you in training it's easy to make sales and get commission, but they LIE! You only get the extra cash if you make every sale perfect and without flaw. Not worth it.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees and your customers just as much, if not more than you bank accounts, their the ones that make money the money possible.

"It's a call center, and that's not a good thing."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is $9.50 per hour, which is above minimum wage, and it's a full time job so I qualify for benefits.

Cons

It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic. My supervisor slandered me, and when I reported it to HR they mocked me and laughed me out of the room.

Advice to Management

Be more careful about who you promote to positions of power. Pay special attention to people in HR and the training department.

"Worst company in Florida"

Current Employee - Team Manager
    Current Employee - Team Manager

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company would hire anyone , & some of the workers are great people to become friends

Cons

Company is not properly trained on what to do , High turn over rate , poor pay with only 1 raise until 2016 unless promotion , promotions are based off who you know all management know each other from previous employer or an sexual relationship , very unprofessional , bad look in Polk county everyone talks about how bad you job it and renamed it to Club Sykes because the way the people dress , company will soon loose contract with AT&T & Others companies because of the bad representation

Advice to Management

All management at Sykes needs to be replaced and hired again not site director , 3 to 4 site directors in less than 2 years that's a bad look maybe all management under site director is the question. Good luck to everyone at the company now please look for another job before it's to late

"Hired full time, gets 5 hours a week"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent.

Cons

Not with five hours a week! Our section was slow, so they sent people home everyday after an hour or so of work. I was hired under the impression I would work full time. Management picks favorites, there was no upwards mobility, and the attitudes from managers were horrible.

Advice to Management

Consider your attitudes. You cut peoples hours from forty to ten or less a week with no regard and no [ay, and wonder why turn over is so high.

"Worst Managment Practices I have ever seen"

Pros

Steady pay check, Accurate pay check, Timely pay check, Publically traded company, Global company, Always hiring, They have been around awhile.

Cons

Alpine Access has created a dog eat dog environment where good people are held back because of the insecurities of others. Before Alpine Access was acquired the company valued good talent and rewarded tenure, longevity, and skills. After Alpine Access people are asked to do thing underhandedly to promote the Kingdoms that they are trying to build. This mentality is quickly rotting the core of the organization.

Advice to Management

Worry less about building your kingdom and more about promoting the business in the best way possible.

Showing 1,531 of 1,553 reviews