SYKES Reviews | Glassdoor

1,580 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,580 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Back to back calls as a Customer Care Professional (in 21 reviews)

• I really feel the pay should be increased for at home customer service workers (in 42 reviews)

1. "My feels"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

This customer service is not onerous as far as switching between different computer screens

Cons

Despite what the agents are tolled, their call center is NOT much different than any others I've worked in as far as meterics are concerned.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your agents. Also, you are not the police/fire department/hospital. You can shut down when it snows in feet and agents are unable to get to work safely.

2. "No Hours, No Pay, Poor Design"

Current Employee - CCP in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - CCP in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SYKES part-time (More than a year)

Pros

they send you a computer to work from. unfortunately the geniuses at IT block so many things on there you can't even use it to check your work hours or change your password (seriously.)

Cons

The entire company operates on poor management. At first I thought it was just in my program, but then when I was set to interview for a different program and was late because one of the interviewing managers didn't contact me properly, had to reschedule my interview for a different time. I have no clue how any of the managers or supervisors have gotten to their positions without corruption- the system is literally set against you from the beginning. When I began training, we lost almost half the team immediately. Then entire teams were let go after the holidays due to overstaffing, even though the job was not seasonal. And unless you can manage to support yourself on the BARE MINIMUM wage during training and then a pathetic $9 an hour after that, then don't waste your time. There are NO opportunities for advancement or pay raises, and heaven forbid you have an emergency, you get NO paid time off, and if you call out sick more than 18 hours (even with documentation) within a 180 day period, prepare to be fired.

Advice to Management

Scrap the entire bunch and start over. Raise the pay rate to at least be fair- every other work from home company TRAINS at your hourly rate. Seriously, you need to restructure the entire business and stop being a new hire mill.

3. "Customer Service/Sales"

Pros

Air conditioning, understanding management, easy to get days off

Cons

Pay could of been better

"at home boiler room"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Provo, UT

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have never missed a check, On the client I work for I get to talk to older people for the most part.

Cons

I have been with the company over 5 years and I make $9.95 per hour yep i know I need find something better.

Advice to Management

You can catch more flies with honey than with a stick. The training is a joke you get put on the phone with the bare minimum of training and your expected to train your self on your own time...that is wrong.

6. "Back office"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

flexible schedule, team, site events

Cons

no pay increases, some management issues

"Sykes at home is real at home work!!"

Current Employee - Tier I CSA in Shelby, NC
    Current Employee - Tier I CSA in Shelby, NC

I have been working at SYKES (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for Sykes. Their team members are excellent and you fell like your in a real office all day. The Knowledge Base is incredible and leaves you to work independently most of the time. Every one is very kind and the professionalism from this company is unmatched.

Cons

The only complaint that I have about Sykes is that I am not able to set my own hours. Where I can go in trade hours, or request certain time off, it's very hard to be allowed any addition time to your self. The hours are 9-10 hours a day during peak seasons and can wean down to 4-5 hours during the slow periods.

Advice to Management

If you were able to make your positions a little more relaxed with easier flexibility in scheduling, you would be number 1.

"Was promoted but they refuse to give the pay of the position"

Former Employee - OMDA in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - OMDA in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wish I could say there was I worked there for three months and was promoted to workforce management but that's where it stopped being great

Cons

After I was promoted I was refused the actual title and pay but they required me to work the position as an agent pay not to mention I would be yelled at for things I have yet to be trained on and no matter how many times I inquired about position and pay they would always push it back at the end of it they never increase my pay and never gave me or another newly-promoted colleague of mine the back pay of more then six month of workforce management but higher up management was more then glad to yell and question our work and ethics despite the fact we always told them that we didn't have access or training

Advice to Management

If you're promoted don't be the good Soldier be the rebel and make sure you let them know that you require your position and pay

9. "Mentor"

Current Employee - Mentor in Budapest (Hungary)
    Current Employee - Mentor in Budapest (Hungary)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good place to work. Healthy multicultural environment, good salary and bonus policy!

Cons

In my account the update trainings are in e-learn and quizz. Every day comes updates from the update of the previous day ... It generates confusion

Advice to Management

Keep or improve the bonus policy.
    Travel financial help should be paid to foreign/local employees (Mandatory in Hungary).
     Implement a progressive wage policy to avoid premature abandonment.

"Conveyor belt call centre - friendly colleagues"

Former Employee - Communicator in Sighthill, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Communicator in Sighthill, Scotland (UK)

I worked at SYKES part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a good place to work if you are travelling the world, and just need an income whilst living in Edinburgh. The staff are friendly within an international working environment.

Cons

It is less ideal for working long-term, limited options for career progression, and working for many of their clients can feel like you are a trained robot working on a conveyor belt, work is very repetitive, with strict limits to talk time. I also found their sick policy very lacking human understanding.

Advice to Management

Improve the sick-pay policy to take into account human considerations. Please also continue to improve the staff canteen and working environments.

11. "Worst Company to work for"

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in West Chazy, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in West Chazy, NY

I worked at SYKES part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

About the only Pro is it is work from home

Cons

There are quiet a few cons about working for this company. The first and foremost is that when you email the account manager or any other part of the company they never respond back to you. You can request for a day off but there is no guarantee that they will give it to you off no matter why you are requesting it. They make you feel like you need to have your life revolve around them. I was a CCP for their Xbox Program and was released or terminated, how ever you look at it, for having excessive absenteeism. There were a few times that I had to call out because we had lost either power or internet here and I was unable to work. Another down fall with this company is that the pay sucks for the amount of work you have to do. this is just to name a few of the cons for working for Sykes-home.

Advice to Management

my advice to management would be to listen to your employees and show that you have some ounce of respect for them. if you do that, you might be able to keep employees working for you instead of loosing them because of your lack of respect for them.

Showing 1,580 of 1,602 reviews