SYNNEX Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
SYNNEX President, CEO, and Director Kevin M. Murai
Kevin M. Murai

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay, great coworkers, good work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• A pleasant comfortable work environment (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No training, low pay, high turnover, mandatory overtime (in 10 reviews)

• Low margins and thus very cost conscious which results in under-staffing and long hours (in 6 reviews)

1. "Complete waste of time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, NJ

I worked at SYNNEX full-time

Pros

Good benefits, the only positive thing .

Cons

Looooong hours , no training, no IT support , English is a second language , communication is nearly impossible. WMS is extremely outdated and not user friendly. You are on salary and are pretty much required to work 11+ hour days for little pay. Babysitting a bunch of $10 hr workers whom you can hardly communicate with.

2. "Worst Place Ever"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Olive Branch, MS
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Olive Branch, MS

I worked at SYNNEX as a contractor

Pros

None, besides maybe some entry level IT experience

Cons

Unorganized, unethical supervisors and management. This is a sweatshop and a Mickey Mouse operation. Supervisor would change his mind many times and forget what he said, making things confusing. He would not listen to suggestions and insists he is always right. Jr. Supervisor would constantly be on my case about pushing out units when sometimes they would fail and would get mad if I made a mistake, but he made more mistakes himself. They are more concerned about quantity of units sent out then quality done. Many contractors were treated badly, yet some permanent people would just play on the internet all day and no one ever said anything. Management is very prejudiced and shows favoritism to certain people. There can be lots of mandatory overtime for weeks, which includes working an 8 hour Saturday in addition to 12 hours M-F. There can also be not enough work which results in being sent home early or even told not to come in some days. No rewards or kind words from supervisors and management, always negative and critical.

Advice to Management

Show more respect to contractors and lower staff, treat everyone equally.

3. "Repair Tech"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at SYNNEX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro is that you're paid weekly.

Cons

The management/supervisors is/are ignorant of what troubleshooting is, how it works, and what it takes to find errors. Their only concern is that "the numbers look good" for output. They're not even rated on how many failures happen and come back, so of course their only concern is pure output numbers since it does them no harm to keep sending out faulty servers because it's the repair tech they can always throw under the bus.

Advice to Management

Get knowledgeable leadership from the quality assurance and training team who actually care about the product they are producing.

4. "Sweatshop, Horrible place to work"

Former Contractor - Repair Technician in Olive Branch, MS
    Former Contractor - Repair Technician in Olive Branch, MS

I worked at SYNNEX as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Coworkers, Technical Experience, Occasional free lunches, other than that nothing. This place was absolutely terrible

Cons

Awful management. They do not care about their employees or the personal lives. There is lots of favoritism, especially toward the Vietnamese community. Other people who are temps, like my self, they will treat badly and talk down to, yet others that they favor, they will let them goof off and say nothing to them. I worked as a repair tech, and they would constantly get on my case about pushing more units out, when the units had many problems and could not go out. Another person in my department just played on the internet and they said nothing to him. There is lots of mandatory overtime during certain periods, and they can make you work 12 hours shifts 5 days a week plus 8 hour day on Saturday for many weeks. They do not care about your life outside of work. Other times when they are slow, they will send you home early and may tell you not to come in on certain days. They don't know how to plan properly so that the work is balanced and are just working normal 8 hour days. They will talk very harshly to you if you make a mistake on paperwork, yet they make more mistakes themselves. They are dishonest and will sometimes tell you one thing, then later tell you another. They are more concerned about quantity than quality. I do not recommend this place at all.

Advice to Management

Treat their employees better. Focus on doing quality work, and not constantly hounding employees to get the work out. Stick with one process and keep it that way and not keep constantly changing it. Balance out the workload better so people get normal 8 hour days and no mandatory overtime or being sent home early.

"Just a job, not a career"

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Greenville, SC

Pros

Benefits package is ok. Random vendor provided luncheons and snacks are welcome pluses. Fairly decent work/life balance and only work over during month end/quarter end, which is to be expected.

Cons

Absolutely no room to grow whatsoever!! No such thing as career development is offered across any discipline, thus no structured platform exists to help you navigate to the next level. Tuition reimbursement program is so restrictive, you're better off going in debt to take out personal loans. Pay is terrible!! Expect to be paid $5-7K less than the industry standard for any position. Their claim to fame is "diversity", however once you look beyond senior level managers, certain races become highly represented while "others" have always been "non-existent". A majority of VP's and Directors carry themselves as if untouchable, with a heavy affliction of a "God" complex. Overall, a decent place for young college grads to gain experience before moving on to a real career, or suitable for someone looking to work a steady 9-5 with no ambition other than collecting an easy check.

Advice to Management

It's not likely they'll listen, so why bother.

"Legal"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Pros

Benefits and daily employee incentives by the company, not mgmt.

Cons

SYNNEX is full of office bullies. If you are not a "brown noser" than this is not a place you will be happy working. I had a lady whom made it her daily mission to make my time there difficult. I did everything in my power to be accepted by her, even spent $40 on a b'day gift for her. (If you are hated by someone you don't buy expensive birthday gifts, but I wanted so much for her to treat me the way she did the other girl). There was a chart of responsibilities handed out by upper level mgmt. I had to beg for my work on a daily basis. It was so bad I kept record (emails) of every time I asked for my work from her. She would give my work to another employee she liked better. It got so bad that I was doing another dept work because she wouldn't hand the material I was responsible for over to me. One day I approached her in a professional manner about the issue, and she turned childish. She ran to management, who was aware of the situation and said several times they would handle it, and whined. This lady disappeared from her desk for over an hour. Our superior came out and went looking for her. Couple of hours later I was told that whatever he had previously said regarding fixing the obvious favoritism situation was now going to be handled by everyone sharing the work. Might I add that I never did the other employees work, she only was given mine. Also, the responsibilities was handed down by headquarters in Freemont, CA, and should not have been changed. Needless to say, if you aren't "in" with the brown nosing.... Chances are they will fire you for missing a couple of days! Days that were covered by sick time, even had sick days left over and vacation time they had to pay me for....explain that one! The woman who didn't like me, had me pushed out the door 2 weeks after I confronted the situation. Might I add that it was the Legal dept., the same position they are hiring for now. Be careful. The benefits are nice, but the office bullying isn't worth it!! Oh yeah, the said reason I was let go was because I was late, another thing...the boss and I had agreed I could come in at 9 instead of 8:30 because I NEVER used an hour for lunch. So, I was instructed to take a mandatory 30min lunch break, and I could work from 9 to 5:30... Go figure. Guess anything is possible in a "right to hire/right to fire" state.

Advice to Management

Quit letting your "favorites" do the managing you are getting paid to do.

"Very unprofessional work environment !!"

Former Employee - Quality in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Quality in Fremont, CA

Pros

hard people to work - always see discrimination for contract people- weak management skills - Managers always make you feel fear to loose your job , give you unfair preferential treatment or receive humiliation from them - very unprofessionals !!!

Cons

More opportunity for advancement and entry-level position.
    You become part of a large community.
    You learn the art of politics.

Advice to Management

The worst management ever !!!!

"It sucks."

Current Employee - Assembler in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Assembler in Fremont, CA

I have been working at SYNNEX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. Everything sucks... most of the Pros is going to work and see your friends and work to pay bills.

Cons

Swingshift was pushed up on us to start, no choice was given.. other than quit if you didn't want to work it.

Advice to Management

They need to get their act together. . Management sucks. Company has almost 4 years of running things the same way. They will not grow and their customers will start noticing on their products integration and performance.

9. "Don't stay long"

Former Employee - Field Sales in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Field Sales in Fremont, CA

I worked at SYNNEX full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent, Industry is fun and company is on cutting edge
    Fortune 300 so profit sharing

Cons

Management does not care about their employees. Many many people in same position for years. I was there 8 years and none of my co workers were getting promoted or empowered to grow. Only current managers get promoted (director to VP, VP to SVP etc), Not a lot of growth and company won't help you if your position is eliminated. Take this company as a way to learn something new and get out. Don't spend too much time there, you will become complacent and will have stale skill sets because they do not give you many opportunities to learn something new

Advice to Management

care about your employees. They are the guys in the front line

"Worst job I ever had in my life. Terrible management and awful environment."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Carson, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Carson, CA

I worked at SYNNEX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Made a couple of good business contacts there. That's the only good thing I could say about that job.

Cons

Underpaid, unattainable revenue goals, incompetent management and poor training program. There isn't enough space in this section to cover all the cons.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all of upper management at your New Age Electronics office in Carson. I'm surprised you don't have more lawsuits because of the way they run things there. I would've filed a lawsuit if I had the money and the time to do so. I feel like I'm doing you a favor, that you don't deserve, for submitting this feedback. New Age Electronics is horrible!!!!