SYNNEX Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 12, 2017

SYNNEX President, CEO, and Director Kevin M. Murai
Kevin M. Murai

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay, great coworkers, good work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• A pleasant comfortable work environment (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No training, low pay, high turnover, mandatory overtime (in 10 reviews)

• Low margins and thus very cost conscious which results in under-staffing and long hours (in 6 reviews)

"SYNNEX"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Greenville, SC

I worked at SYNNEX full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many good people
    Fun, laid back atmosphere

Cons

Expect too much from one employee
    Good old boy system - very political

Advice to Management

Don't allow your people to get witch hunted due to personal or political drama. Push for more competitive salaries for non sales positions. Don't tell employees that they must operate at 110% at all times to be an average employee.

"Salary not competitive"

I have been working at SYNNEX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is flexible with work hours. High stability/job security and the company continues to grow with quarter to quarter profitability, Fortune 500 company. Accessibility of senior management and executives. decent health and child-care benefits (though 401k is subpar), no micromanagement

Cons

The biggest issues are as follows: Salary is not competitive with the current market, in fact it is at the very bottom end of the spectrum. Lack of growth and career advancement for someone looking to move up within the company. Stuck with an old school style of business, lacking a rich company culture in any sense of the word (9-5 clock in and out). Low morale, pretty much every long term employee is just stuck on complacency mode and not really looking to improve the work or the company culture.

Other issues involve: Lack of mentoring or even basic training for employees. Operation processes are very manual, lacking efficiency. Most processes involve internally built computer software/programs that lack innovation--can hinder growth if you're looking to learn, especially if you plan to one day move to another company that uses a widely accepted/distributed platform or software. No remote (work from home) opportunities (old school mentality).

Advice to Management

Train your employees and management. Invigorate your employees and promote growth, they will help your company flourish.

3. "Interesting"

Current Employee - Process Trainer in Olive Branch, MS
    Current Employee - Process Trainer in Olive Branch, MS

Pros

A pleasant comfortable work environment

Cons

The turnover rate is extremely too high

Advice to Management

Listen

"At SYNNEX you are a number."

Current Employee - Field Sales Executive in Lodi, WI
    Current Employee - Field Sales Executive in Lodi, WI

I have been working at SYNNEX (More than 8 years)

Pros

I like my co-workers, my vendor contacts, and my customers. The work is fun and the pace is fast.

Cons

Upper management's heads are either somewhere in the cloud (unintentional pun) or perhaps somewhere unmentionable, but there is simply no connection whatsoever between them and their employees.

Advice to Management

Re-vamp incentive plans to take out "dingers." Incentive plans that include penalties for underachieving even slightly against unreachable goals only serve to de-motivate.

5. "Facilities Manager"

Current Employee - Facilities Manager in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Facilities Manager in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at SYNNEX (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many years of construction, large buildings, electrical, large remodels and additions. Self motivator, no supervision required. I understand the construction trades, and coordination of them. I understand the permit process, architectural and engineering portion of the trades. I am familiar with lease agreements. I have recycling solutions that save and offset departmental costs.

Cons

I am work driven, productivity driven. I lack patience when others are dragging my performance down on projects. So I tend to push and that can create tension. I like rules, I don't like to be the person that is responsible for compliance, especially in our tolerance environment.

Advice to Management

I believe in hard work, result oriented, I like clear scopes of work. Ambiguity causes me stress. I appreciate when management knows what they want to do and let me get it done.

"Ok"

I have been working at SYNNEX full-time

Pros

Lots of good people to work with.

Cons

Low salary, benefits aren't that great.

7. "Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Sales Services Representative in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Services Representative in Greenville, SC

I have been working at SYNNEX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great support team and teammates to work with.

Cons

Distribution channel has limitations on direct impact with customer and vendor products. Often stuck in the middle between vendor and customer.

"Director"

I have been working at SYNNEX full-time

Pros

Very stable, opportunities for motivated employees. Doesn't have layoffs and very few employees really get fired. Good location by Pacific Commons shopping.

Cons

Pay is low-average for this market, perks are few, office decor is very boring. Few programs for fun/morale. Old school "work from the office only" mentality.

Advice to Management

Flex working arrangements are common at most tech companies in the area. Employees will leave to get better work-life balance. Try doing activities that are fun, the culture is plain & boring.

"Exciting .... but"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Fremont, CA

I have been working at SYNNEX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being around new tech daily is a big pro. It helps you stay up to date on everything coming out and also keeps you from being the average consumer yourself with the great employee discounts on products. The hours are not crazy the managers do not micro manage or breath down your neck. The place is very clean even without 5S the VP to President level employees are not pretentious and actually speak to their people even Kevin M if you catch him outside. You may not be always recognized but you are rarely ignored.

Cons

The pay is not that great. The raises are not that great. The profit share is ok but only given out once per year so that is not that great. This is a company driven by selling product so do not expect for a manufacturing job to mean anything to them they have not yet grasped the concept of manufacturing but are getting there. Do not expect to come here and learn anything new you better be well trained before you get here because the employees who were already here are not and the company will not provide them with training so do not and I mean do not expect to grow your knowledge one iota here you better come fully equipped or you will be disappointed. Unless you are willing to wait 5-7 years for a promotion do not expect one whatever you come in at is what you leave at. If you do get a bump or promotion it will be your last one for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Advice to Management

I see that you are putting forth effort to make changes and to move this company forward and I love it. Some people expect for things to change overnight but that is impossible. Just keep improving and keep bringing dynamic opportunities to your people and we will do the same. I cannot say that you are unfair because that would be dishonest so keep treating your employees fairly.

"Would look elsewhere"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Greenville, SC

Pros

Positive work environment. Good people. Sales environment is positive and the background support is top notch.

Cons

Management was not professional. 4 hours out a 8 hour day of cold calls, with daily reports. The leads are similar to dialing out of a phone book. Cold Leads.

Advice to Management

Do not promote top sales workers to management, vet their management skills first. Just because they have a strong sales role is not commensurate with management skills.