SYNNEX Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
SYNNEX President, CEO, and Director Kevin M. Murai
Kevin M. Murai

Pros
  • Good pay, great coworkers, good work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• A pleasant comfortable work environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • No training, low pay, high turnover, mandatory overtime (in 10 reviews)

• Low margins and thus very cost conscious which results in under-staffing and long hours (in 6 reviews)

"I have been very dissatisfied at best."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Pros

An opportunity to make a living with no weekend work. There are some great people employed at Synnex that are afraid to express their dislikes in fear of losing their jobs.

Cons

Unless you are one of the good ole boys, life at Synnex can be very painful. There is little to no compassion shown to employees by the majority of management. The almighty dollar rules. There are some very dishonest and unethical behaviors in some of the management.

Advice to Management

I would suggest being honest and sticking to your word. The employees are the company and there needs to be a lot more concern for them.

2. "Long hours, inconsistent quotas, low pay. Great for entry level experience into IT....."

Former Employee - VAR West Sales Representative in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - VAR West Sales Representative in Fremont, CA

I worked at SYNNEX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stability
    Great entry into IT sales
    Sales trips and spiffs

Cons

Heavy Micromanagement
    Unachievable quotas - And I was there for years but as you progress the goals get to level that are unattainable unless everyone's business is growing at 20% levels month over month.
    Heavy Metrics - Call volume, emails, sales quotas.
    Low pay - The base pay is extremely on the low side and the commisions and bonus are not consistent with the size of deals and levels or work done to close them.
    Long Hours - Consistently working 9-10hrs daily.
    No Career development - There is no clear career path here. You will need to get promoted by building strong internal relationships.

Advice to Management

Develop your sales representatives with training and promote from within for top performers. At a certain point motivation to achieve such high sales quotas is not enough to keep the team performing at a high level. Develop your managers and directors, give them the tools to manage as they do not seem to be well equipped to handle the task at hand.

"Worst job I ever had in my life. Terrible management and awful environment."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Carson, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Carson, CA

I worked at SYNNEX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Made a couple of good business contacts there. That's the only good thing I could say about that job.

Cons

Underpaid, unattainable revenue goals, incompetent management and poor training program. There isn't enough space in this section to cover all the cons.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all of upper management at your New Age Electronics office in Carson. I'm surprised you don't have more lawsuits because of the way they run things there. I would've filed a lawsuit if I had the money and the time to do so. I feel like I'm doing you a favor, that you don't deserve, for submitting this feedback. New Age Electronics is horrible!!!!

5. "Don't stay long"

Former Employee - Field Sales in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Field Sales in Fremont, CA

I worked at SYNNEX full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent, Industry is fun and company is on cutting edge
    Fortune 300 so profit sharing

Cons

Management does not care about their employees. Many many people in same position for years. I was there 8 years and none of my co workers were getting promoted or empowered to grow. Only current managers get promoted (director to VP, VP to SVP etc), Not a lot of growth and company won't help you if your position is eliminated. Take this company as a way to learn something new and get out. Don't spend too much time there, you will become complacent and will have stale skill sets because they do not give you many opportunities to learn something new

Advice to Management

care about your employees. They are the guys in the front line

6. "Beware - Also known as Concentrix - ALL BAD"

Pros

Paycheck til u get fired without any notice

Cons

Most people only there for a job because can't get one elsewhere, so no promotions unless you happen to be friends (suck up to) your manager, which also means:
    CRAPPY PAY
    Lousy benefits and low or no company morale

Advice to Management

Continue running this like it is your own little kingdom and watch all good employees leave

"It sucks."

Current Employee - Assembler in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Assembler in Fremont, CA

I have been working at SYNNEX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. Everything sucks... most of the Pros is going to work and see your friends and work to pay bills.

Cons

Swingshift was pushed up on us to start, no choice was given.. other than quit if you didn't want to work it.

Advice to Management

They need to get their act together. . Management sucks. Company has almost 4 years of running things the same way. They will not grow and their customers will start noticing on their products integration and performance.

"Very unprofessional work environment !!"

Former Employee - Quality in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Quality in Fremont, CA

Pros

hard people to work - always see discrimination for contract people- weak management skills - Managers always make you feel fear to loose your job , give you unfair preferential treatment or receive humiliation from them - very unprofessionals !!!

Cons

More opportunity for advancement and entry-level position.
    You become part of a large community.
    You learn the art of politics.

Advice to Management

The worst management ever !!!!

9. "engineer"

Pros

The environment is relaxing. Most people are friendly, and nice to work with.

Cons

It is a very cheap company. It does not provide anything to its employees, even a pen and a notebook which are the basics for their work.
    The organization is chaotic. There is no clear definition or description of the responsibilities for the positions. People accuse each other for not having work done.

Advice to Management

Treat the employee well, build the company's culture, and make sure everyone knows their responsibilities and where the boundaries are.

"Legal"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Pros

Benefits and daily employee incentives by the company, not mgmt.

Cons

SYNNEX is full of office bullies. If you are not a "brown noser" than this is not a place you will be happy working. I had a lady whom made it her daily mission to make my time there difficult. I did everything in my power to be accepted by her, even spent $40 on a b'day gift for her. (If you are hated by someone you don't buy expensive birthday gifts, but I wanted so much for her to treat me the way she did the other girl). There was a chart of responsibilities handed out by upper level mgmt. I had to beg for my work on a daily basis. It was so bad I kept record (emails) of every time I asked for my work from her. She would give my work to another employee she liked better. It got so bad that I was doing another dept work because she wouldn't hand the material I was responsible for over to me. One day I approached her in a professional manner about the issue, and she turned childish. She ran to management, who was aware of the situation and said several times they would handle it, and whined. This lady disappeared from her desk for over an hour. Our superior came out and went looking for her. Couple of hours later I was told that whatever he had previously said regarding fixing the obvious favoritism situation was now going to be handled by everyone sharing the work. Might I add that I never did the other employees work, she only was given mine. Also, the responsibilities was handed down by headquarters in Freemont, CA, and should not have been changed. Needless to say, if you aren't "in" with the brown nosing.... Chances are they will fire you for missing a couple of days! Days that were covered by sick time, even had sick days left over and vacation time they had to pay me for....explain that one! The woman who didn't like me, had me pushed out the door 2 weeks after I confronted the situation. Might I add that it was the Legal dept., the same position they are hiring for now. Be careful. The benefits are nice, but the office bullying isn't worth it!! Oh yeah, the said reason I was let go was because I was late, another thing...the boss and I had agreed I could come in at 9 instead of 8:30 because I NEVER used an hour for lunch. So, I was instructed to take a mandatory 30min lunch break, and I could work from 9 to 5:30... Go figure. Guess anything is possible in a "right to hire/right to fire" state.

Advice to Management

Quit letting your "favorites" do the managing you are getting paid to do.

11. "enuff"

Former Employee - Receiver
    Former Employee - Receiver

Pros

Hours are good and supervisor are great

Cons

Management is awful no experience what's so ever . I been working at Synnex for a year n they haven't even try to roll me over permanently. Application been in but ever sincee me andthe human resource lady had a disagreement on me dey found any and anything to fire me
     I made a mistake of this year n they fire me remind u I been there for a year everyday on time no mistake now mistakes comi g everywhere smh I was a dedicated worker . Turn over rate is high and nobody knows nothing far as personell. The human resource lady is real rude n disrespectful. The company itself is made of majority blacks and Mexican n majority of them isn't even permanent yet been there for 6mth to a year smh sad especially when u there everyday and on time. Warehouse mang having relation with employers and then them be the ones to get roll over I wouldn't advise anyone to work at synnex unless u need the money but as far as maki g it a job to retire from I'll pass the worst warehouse I worked at and not a clean place either the only time things get done is wen they know the head man coming . my advice to Synnex owner fire your management party because its not what all it seem gud luck to those who still working there u guys are the real story not the management department they are horrible

Advice to Management

Fire everyone they don't nothing anyway can't tell u about nothing involving Synnex sad but true but stay so much in employee faces n flirting and taking picture of woman buttock its ridiculous