Saama Technologies "big data" Reviews | Glassdoor

Saama Technologies Employee Reviews about "big data"

Updated Sep 12, 2019

Found 300 reviews

3.5
Saama Technologies CEO Suresh Katta
Suresh Katta
Pros
  • "Professional development, Great Management, Work-life balance(in 27 reviews)

• "Ample opportunities to learn latest and emerging technologies in big data domain(in 24 reviews)

Reviews about "big data"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Money Minded Management"

I have been working at Saama Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you get lucky to get a good BI project then there is learning opportunity.

Cons

Unprofessional management. They lay off people if they are unable to place them in a new project soon even if they perform well. They pay below market rate and want you to learn Big Data technologies apart from project work. They do not spend a penny on training people. They expect you to work , work and work. Best for people who love to work 24 hrs a day at low salary.

Advice to Management

Please stop hiring and firing at the same time and have some respect for people who worked so hard for so long.

Saama Technologies2017-05-09
  2. "Good Company to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Saama Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Right place to work and build the career in analytics. Ample opportunities to learn latest and emerging technologies in big data domain. Good work-life balance and benefits Easy to reach top management for any concerns Perfect example of an analytical company, building analytics using their proprietary solution

Cons

Should have been more strategic in expanding business and getting new clients in areas other than Bay area.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on getting managed projects too

Saama Technologies2017-01-31
  3. "Great place to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Campbell, CA

I worked at Saama Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great projects across several verticals. Solutions are specific to a target industry and accelerate implementation based on pre-built technology. Lots of opportunity to learn different skills in a hot industry (big data, data science, visual analytics, business consulting). Good sense of direction in attempting to disrupt and differentiate in the typical IT Staff Augmentation/Systems Integration marketplace.... Competitive compensation for experienced hires. Company culture is friendly and open. Paid full compensation/benefits while on bench.

Cons

The technology is still maturing. Has come a long way, but still needs more customer adoption. The general range of employee talent is moderate compared to exceptional talent that is usually found in the valley. Sometimes there is a lack of direction (e.g. important strategy decisions are made based on limited market and industry comprehension with limited improvements on capabilities to tackle strategic direction).... The company is mainly comprised of Indian professionals and this results in specific cultural differences that takes getting used to. Just as other consulting firms, you have to be proactive in finding assignments in order to avoid extended periods of bench time (which could lead to decline in job-security).

Advice to Management

Keep up the tenacity to disrupt marketplace, drive adoption of solutions, and actively hire exceptional/experienced talent. Engage consultants more to place them in active projects.

Saama Technologies2017-01-19

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Saama Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Saama has the potential to become a great company Saama is a wonderful for people who want to grow in the Big Data Space Saama has good clientele

Cons

Saama Retained incompetent leaders and fired some great guys. The leadership is too dependent on incapable close circles.

Advice to Management

Saama needs change in the IT Delivery leadership and needs a solid HR Leader Some Resource Managers reach out to employees, request them to give good feedback about "recruitment" in glassdoor. They even influence what kind of feedback is given in glassdoor.

Saama Technologies2016-11-10

November 12, 2016Talent Acquisition - Lead

Appreciate your response. I agree with you that Saama is THE company in Big space with both great leadership and best clientele. As you know with our ready Analytics, Saama offers speed and specificity which no other organization can deliver. Our clients love us for that. Every ...

5. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Saama Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Benefits and great place to work Looks forward for employee's interests on what they would like to get trained for career growth Great stuff going around Big Data

Cons

No proper hike Only has very few clients in bay area , it would be great if they expand across USA Hire too many people even though its really not required

Advice to Management

It would be great if there's expansion across USA and bring in more clients in bay area too

Saama Technologies2016-06-16

June 29, 2016Manager - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your candid opinion. We always appreciate feedback from employees. This helps us develop innovative policies for the organization. I have taken your comments and will have human resources and decision-making management look into that.

6. "Great Place to work !!!"

Tech Lead in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Saama Technologies for more than 3 years

Pros

Started new Medical plan for 2016 year which is really good compare to any other company ( i.e 0 deductible). Employee get lots of encouragement towards learning latest technologies. Everyone gets a chance to talk to CEO and share ideas. Becoming master in Big Data technologies and fast growing company. Also very quickly takes care of employee immigration issues 100% success rate.

Cons

Its been three years since I started working with this company. Management still trying to identify all issues/concerns and resolving on priority basis.

Saama Technologies2016-05-30

June 29, 2016Talent Acquisition Lead - Alok Goel

I want to thank you and appreciate all your efforts in last 3 years at Saama. Also acknowledge you positive feedback about the work culture and benefits offered. As you know (being a long-time member of family at Saama) that our human resource and executive management is always looking ...

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Saama Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lot of good projects. Good place if you want to learn new technologies in Big Data and BI

Cons

Horrible Salary Hike process. Old employees are neglected and not paid well. No Bonus. Bad Perks

Advice to Management

Please do proper appraisal for old employees and don't take them for granted

Saama Technologies2016-04-22

"Best companies to work"

Current Employee - Tech Lead in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Saama Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the best companies to work for. I have been full time with Saama for four months. Lots and lots of opportunities to enhance your big data skills. Saama has one of the best talent pool. Colleagues are very helpful and always willing to share their knowledge. Company is very employee friendly and take great care of resources in terms of time management, flexibility to work from anywhere (depends on project),... and immigration policies.

Cons

Pay scale is average but still better compared to its peers.

Advice to Management

Mr Suresh is very impressive. His focus is only on data and analytics which distinguish Saama from peers and place it on top of others. Saama has open door policy and any employee in the company can reach out to senior most people in management without any issues. Great job manitaining good culture!!

Saama Technologies2016-01-14

January 31, 2016Sr Technical Recruiter ~ Alok Goel

Thank you for reviewing Saama, its employees, and our executive team. We are thrilled to have you as our member of staff and appreciate your feedback.

9. "Solutions Architet"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Saama Technologies full-time

Pros

Very Good Company for Big Data. They are doing lot of stuffs around the Big Data technologies. Suresh, CEO of the company seems to be very focus oriented.

Cons

Interview Process take very long time sometimes to finalize the decision.

Advice to Management

Improve the Interview Process

Saama Technologies2015-12-02

December 8, 2015Staffing Operations Manager

Hi, thank you for the feedback regarding our interview process. Our goal is to continue to ensure a fast interview process and positive experience for candidates.

10. "Sr.BI Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Saama Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best Big data,Data Science and Analytic company. Visionary CEO, benefits are best in market. commitment to employee success. With Saama unique blend of values you will travel with the company more years than you think.

Cons

Middle layer management should maintain cardinal working relationship with Consultants. Managers might learn People skills form our 'C' Level Personalities with in organization.

Advice to Management

Company Level training to Managers form a professional Management trainers will help our company to stand in a different Level.

Saama Technologies2015-08-24