Saba Software Reviews

Updated Apr 27, 2020

Saba Software President and CEO Phil Saunders
Phil Saunders
Pros
  • "Amazing work culture , you can walk to anyone and ask for any help even Executives(in 65 reviews)

• "Flexible work times - work from home(in 49 reviews)

Cons

"Saba goes the extra mile on employee engagement"

I have been working at Saba Software full-time

Pros

Saba has really upped their game over the past few years in terms of employee engagement. Saba used to be a decent company to work for, but they have become a very good company to work for. Benefits and pay are good, and the people team goes the extra mile to make sure that everyone feels included and that everyone's voice is heard, including remote employees. We also "eat our own dog food" or "drink our own champagne" by using our own software internally, and our internal Saba instance has become a very useful and highly-used tool for learning, sharing ideas, and engaging employees.

Cons

Saba has made some acquisitions, which have made the overall company stronger, and which have brought some great people into Saba. But the cost has been a significant number of layoffs, in some cases quite unexpectedly.

Saba Software2020-03-01

March 6, 2020Principal Talent Acquisition

Thanks my fellow SabaLander. It is important to understand how our colleagues feel at this time, so thanks for sharing your thoughts. You should know this is a great time to express your feelings via our Pulse Tool, our internal "Glassdoor" for employees. In my opinion, all of the acquisitions including ours by Cornerstone have made the company better and more resilient. The merger of Cornerstone and Saba do a great of service to the industry as well and the evolution of the HCM market at a whole. As employees, we have the privilege to play an instrumental role in the evolution of the companies we join, and with luck this gives the individual, as well as their team’s, great satisfaction. Regarding layoffs, though it is prudent for all involved to reduce the cost of operations, layoffs don’t always follow an acquisition. In the event that some are affected by layoffs, it would be beneficial to join the Halogen, Lumesse, and Saba Alumni Network on LinkedIn. Unlike other Alumni Networks, the Saba Alumni Network is open to current and former employees of the Saba family. It is worth noting that 80% of jobs are never posted or published externally. To this end, it is good to have someone on the inside who could help get your resume to the recruiter, and joining the Alumni Network can help. If you have any other concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out directly to any of the recruiters on the Talent Acquisition team. The highest good is being done; always. Talent Acquisition Team,

"Great culture"

Current Employee - Support

I have been working at Saba Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Offices go out of their way to celebrate occasions to make everyone feel like they are part of a team

Cons

not knowing what the future holds with the company

Saba Software2020-04-21

May 4, 2020Principal Talent Acquisition

Hello our fellow SabaLander, With luck you were able to attend this morning all hands meeting with the CEO, Adam Miller. Things are looking great for us as the world stays home and takes more online training. Our platform is currently used my more people for online training than LinkedIn. Thanks again for letting us know how you feel. We are here for you so reach out to Talent Acquisitions if you have any questions. Talent Acquisition

"Not good for beginner"

Current Employee - Revenue Analyst in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Saba Software full-time

Pros

Good Team, very tightly work together. Good culture

Cons

Bad Management, performance is not getting recognized

Saba Software2020-03-14

May 4, 2020Principal Talent Acquisition

Hello fellow SabaLander, Thanks for your message; truly sorry that you don't feel as though you are being recognized for your work. These time are a bit unusual for everyone and it is easy to forget that our managers, like everyone else, are still adjusting to the new normal. Working remote makes it somewhat difficult to express to colleagues as well as our direct reports how happy we are with their work. I would recommend simply reaching out to your hiring manager to ask how you are doing. What I have found is that direct communication with a manager is often time the best way to address concerns and needs. Thanks for all you do. Talent Acquisition

4. "Fine place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Saba Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility and great people, good clients,

Cons

Not always investing in ppl development

Saba Software2020-02-11

March 4, 2020Principal Talent Acquisition

Hello fellow SabaLander, Thanks for your review. Amazing that you have been with Saba for more than five years. At Saba, our average tenure is almost 6 years, nearly 4 years more than the industry standard. Regarding people development, I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. As a learning and development company Saba provides an infinite number of possibilities for self-improvement and professional training; employees just need to go through the catalog of courses and identify the area of interest and enroll. Saba has one of the most comprehensive online training catalogs available. In addition to the Saba online library of courses, employees have full access to all of the courses on LinkedIn and the Opensesame library of e-courses. When you have a moment, I would also recommend looking into the mentor program. I would also encourage you to become a mentor yourself, having been with the company for such a long time. There a number of people within Saba who participate and we are always looking for more. Lastly, I would encourage you to reach out to the Talent Acquisition Team. We will put you in touch with the right resources to help you reach your development goals. Thanks for being a SabaLander. We want to see you succeed today, tomorrow and well into the future. Talent Acquisition Team

"Awesome Company to Work"

Current Employee - Module Lead in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Saba Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Being in Saba, I have transformed myself from Db developer to Full Stack developer in last 7 years. - Amazing work culture , you can walk to anyone and ask for any help even Executives. - Working with some of the best and experienced talent - Programs that encourage to increase your knowledge while working on the same and delivering your best to the customers - Work life balance - After 7 years, it feels like I am a part of big family. :)

Cons

-Pay scale can be bit more competitive

Saba Software2020-01-12

January 13, 2020Principal Talent Acquisition

Wow - thank you for the positive review - we appreciate your feedback and the time you took to respond. Glad you enjoy the culture and that you feel comfortable talking to all levels within the organization. Competitive salaries is something we believe in, and we do our best to make competitive offers. There is a delicate balance between competitive pay, revenue, and sustainability. Many companies fail because they lack fiscal discipline. They try to keep up with the Johnson’s believing revenue will grow at the rate of their spend, this is hardly ever the case. When a company’s spends lags behind revenue, it suggests they are living within their means. Living within our means manifest in fewer reductions in staff, less pressure on your sales team, greater retention of employees, greater security for their families. It also means you have more money to spend on infrastructure and tools to help your employees thrive and grow. As a member of the Saba family we all sacrifice just a little, to provide stability to the whole. Thank you for your continued contribution to Saba, and thank you for your wonderful note. - #worklikeyou Saba!

6. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - User Experience Designer

I worked at Saba Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at Saba as a UX designer. My experience was extremely positive. I was given the opportunity to work on the entire portfolio of Saba's products right from day one. I appreciated the confidence the company placed on me even though I was new to the domain. I got the opportunity to interact with an exceptionally talented group of Product Managers and Software Engineers to design Saba's products. I was given the independence to brainstorm, and implement my own ideas. I was given the freedom to express my opinion and feedback on product strategy to upper management. I really felt like I was making an impact on the product. We had our share of fun too, organizing pumpkin carvings, gingerbread house decorations, potlucks and great holiday parties.

Cons

I lived in the south bay and the commute was getting hard

Saba Software2019-11-27

January 7, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you for the feedback - it is wonderful to hear that you had a great experience at Saba - we will miss you - best of luck and stay in touch - once a Saba Employee always part of the family.

"Poor leadership"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior HRBP in Austin, TX

I worked at Saba Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Got to work with R&D to develop products.

Cons

Too old and too big to still be dealing with the same problems.

Saba Software2019-11-20

November 21, 2019Principal Talent Acquisition

Ouch...that hurt. Truly sorry that things didn't work out the way you or we planned. Too old and too big to deal with poor leadership? Saba is like most companies in that we strive to do the right thing and improve in the areas where we know we need work. Our leaders and our employees share the common goal to constantly improve and to get better, to grow. To this end employees at Saba are encouraged to give feedback to their leaders and their peers in a sincere, I care about you kind of way. Once a Sabalander always a Sabalander, meaning, we take care of our own even if they chose to leave the company. If you ever have difficulty finding a new job, join the Alumni Network and engage the extended network of all former and current Sabalanders, we will help you get back on your feet. We wish you well.

8. "Was a pleasant place to work"

Current Employee - CSM in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Saba Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible schedule Great team mates

Cons

Pay not up to industry stay

Saba Software2019-07-28

August 9, 2019Principal Talent Acquisition

Thanks my fellow teammate for your review. Eight years with one employer in the Silicon Valley suggest you had a lot of success while here at Saba. On behalf of all Saba employees let me say thanks for all your hard work and dedication. As it relates to our pay and industry standards this is easy to explain, but keep in mind there are a couple of dynamics at play. I will do my best to elaborate: 1. If an employee remains at the same company for eight years their salary will not keep pace with those who change jobs every couple of years. A part of the incentive to change jobs is pay, and with all the emails and promises from recruiters trying to recruit passive candidates, sometimes it's hard to pass up the opportunity. Those who do pass on the opportunity to leave their current company and role typically do so when they are having success in their role, they like their manager, their peers and the company culture. 2. As for industry and compensation. Most if not all companies participate in the Radford Salary Survey each year. This survey enables companies to share information about their current staff and their salaries. Using this survey companies are able to identify the low, mid and high range for each position throughout the company. By and large most employees are paid at the mid range for the role, this enable the company to provide consistent raises through out the coming years. Saba is a participate in this survey and our salaries are aligned with our competitors and other companies in the industry. That being said however, I would recommend that you do your own research using Google, bring this information to your manager and HRs attention, and if the situation warrants ask for a raise. We are all entitled and encouraged to arm ourselves with the information which best serves our needs. If you have been with Saba Software for a day let alone eight years, we want to know how we can help. Talent Acquisition Team

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Saba Cloud Guru in Austin, TX

I have been working at Saba Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility with my schedule, access to Career advancement trainings using SabaCloud, great Management, clear direction from the Executive Team on the company outlook, and lots of upfront-honest communication.

Cons

None that I am seeing.

Saba Software2019-07-26
  10. "Amazing company and best place to work"

Current Employee - Platform Architect in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Saba Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment with smart and diverse set of challenging work that keeps you excited everyday. There are a lot of incredible opportunities to acquire knowledge of various skills and implement in the growing platform of Saba's Cloud product which definitely gives a great addition to your career growth. The super smart colleagues are very supportive in your job. It always excites and motivates you when you talk to the CTO about any topics being technologies related, products in the market or any general discussions. He and the senior leadership team is very supportive, transparent and approachable, and they always make sure that the team is taken care to do their best in their job. The Dublin office has great atmosphere with some great facilities, the break room is fantastic with nice setup. The HR team is outstanding, they are very helpful and easy to approach at anytime.

Cons

Every place will have some cons but I have not come across one yet.

Saba Software2019-07-22

July 23, 2019Principal Talent Acquisition

Ok, can I say this here. Hell Yeah! When you Platform Architect is having success and tells the world he loves what they are doing, life is good. Thanks my fellow colleague for all you do to make Saba an amazing company. Talent Acquisition

Found 488 reviews