Saba Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Saba Software Reviews

Updated October 15, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home facility to manage personal and professional life better (in 40 reviews)

• If you're able to hold yourself accountable and perform well on your own accord, your work/life balance will be unbeatable (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • you need to struggle for work life balance (in 21 reviews)

• No Cons for the company as such (in 12 reviews)

"5+ years"

I worked at Saba Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good salary, competitive benefits, flexible work conditions

Cons

upper management does not seem to understand the job of those they lead which kills morale.

Advice to Management

Listen first. Sometimes those that have been in the trenches for a while actually understand the job better than you do.

"I would think twice"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Saba Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The parking lot was usually empty.

Cons

Nepotism is prevalent. Everyone is more worried about covering themselves than doing their job. Very political, watch your back.

"Great place for robots, bad place for humans"

I have been working at Saba Software full-time

Pros

Ability to work from home. Benefits. Generous sick and vacation policies.

Cons

The company culture is fear-based (understatement) because of the constant layoffs and flippant attitudes of the CEO and his leadership team. The majority of the leadership team consists of white men, little representation of women or people of color. Middle management is overworked, under appreciated, and the CEO has treated them like a joke in his town hall meetings. He might have a head for business, but zero people skills. No career advancement strategies. We were told if we were unhappy to either fix our attitude or leave. I've witnessed managers berating team members. The company culture is horrible. Good people who are scared or following a moral compass that does not exist in the CEO. I have zero respect for him.

Advice to Management

You implemented a tool to track employee satisfaction, but you don't heed it. Rather, you turned it against us and told us we are the problem. False. You've destroyed an inclusive culture. Shame on you. We are siloed and don't have any interaction with other teams, but that's the opposite of what you preach. Hypocrisy is observed and while the only thing I can think of is to come here and write a review, at least I'm honest. It seems that the only thing you care about is the money. So, that's the only thing I'll work for. No inspiration = no buy in from me. The best thing you can do is to let the current president take over as CEO, which is what should have happened in the first place.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unbelievable product with great direction as left by the previous Exec team. Great support structure internally on the product side. Very smart folks still at the helm on the engineering side.

Cons

New exec team brought in by PE firm has pretty much dismantled a well oiled machine. They mention on many occasions they were wooed to leave their previous job because of the great people here but have slowly released or pushed out a good majority of the folks and the ones remaining are not far behind especially on the sales side as unrealistic expectations are putting an enormous amount of strain on work life balance, confidence, and ability to sell on value.

Advice to Management

Please listen to your remaining people who have been here through the previous tough times and have given blood to keep this company as great as it is. There are a lot of good loyal hard working people here who have been pushed to the brink

"PE only cares about revenue"

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Product
    Decent pay but not keeping up with market
    Benefits okay but not great for the area

Cons

Unless you are in a sales role your job is in jeopardy no mater how good you are. They need to have revenue look good and this means cutting jobs that don't lead to sales.

6. "Great company and products"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Aggressive, can do attitudes
    - Innovative products
    - Financially healthy

Cons

- sales management is not realistic about the market space

Advice to Management

- keep innovating and marketing. Better align sales strategy to your market.

7. "System Administrator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work for

Cons

Bit driving for me from San Jose

Advice to Management

None

"Stagnant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Saba Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good product and great customer base in enterprise segment. Decent sales team. Free lunch.

Cons

Soul, culture and teamwork have been destroyed by management team brought in by PE firm a year ago. Business processes are weak. Most initiatives are short-sighted and reactive, not building for sustained growth.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach in employee engagement. That would go a long way in running the company. Value and listen to the veterans who have been in the industry for some time.

"Good company"

Pros

Good team, free lunches, onsite gym

Cons

Old-school tech company that's a little slow on innovation and operations

"Deck chairs always getting rearranged"

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It once was wonderful, plenty of work and good consultants to bounce ideas around with for troubleshooting advice. Good salary, nice bonus structure and for the most part good management until the two people without Saba experience were hired and they damaged the reputation of Professional Services because they "had a better mousetrap", which was proven to be wrong several times.

Cons

Professional Services is often considered an outcast by the company - we were never treated as well as the Sales group. In my 10 years we have only gotten together three times as a group. Most of the Consultants are home office employees and never meet their supervisor or even seen the corporate office. Everyone in CA gets a free lunch everyday but the Consultants better have a receipt for that cup of coffee purchased in the airport when you were traveling at ungodly hours of the morning to get to the client. Oh, and with out notice..bonus were stopped. When asked management just said we don't do that any more.

Management is sending all the Professional Services work to partners now, because of the bad reputation they have for their integration work. So we don't know how long this group will last.

Advice to Management

Change the management of Professional Services and restore it to the way it was.