Saber Healthcare Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
George S. Repchick

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Decent pay but expensive benefits (in 3 reviews)

• 12 hour shifts, ability to transfer throughout the us (in 2 reviews)

1. "Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marshville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marshville, NC

I have been working at Saber Healthcare Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team to work with!

Cons

Same as any other job, we all have bad days.

2. "Career with Saber Health Care Group"

Current Employee - Director, Regional Marketing Management in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Director, Regional Marketing Management in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Saber Healthcare Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Started off as a floor nurse. Moved into MDS position less than a year after employment. Regional MDS gave me the opportunity to advance by moving me to a mobile MDS to help several different facilities. Regional Director of Business Development and VP of Business Development placed me into admissions/marketing. Shortly after, RVPO promoted to Clinical Nurse Liaison. Within a year and a half advanced into Regional Director of Business Development. Saber has given me many opportunities to advance in my career.

Cons

I have no downsides to list.

"Registered Nurse (Brecksville)"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Brecksville, OH
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Brecksville, OH

I worked at Saber Healthcare Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to gain experience applying nursing skills, medication, and treatments to the long-term residents and rehabilitation patients in a skilled nursing environment.

Cons

I should have left at orientation. First day very unorganized, resentful staff, dirty laundry facility behind locked doors. Hot mess of violations for Nursing license. Administrator is all about the money, close friends with owners who gave her the job. Administrator complained at orientation that Nurses only work 2 or 3 shifts a week, therefore they do not need to use PTO. Really? Nurses work 36 hours in three days- it doesn't matter how many days that equates to. PTO never turned into cash at year end and only 40 hours roles over. What good is PTO if you are not able to use it?-Well PTO will pay your double time on Holidays. Wow! Co-woker had to transfer just to get PTO for long planned wedding. STNA's will receive bonuses, however RN's do not. Nor do RN's receive compensation for night shift because according to current Administrator, Nurses do not have shifts. What? Also, you will receive minimum wage as pay rate for last paycheck if you do not follow their unethical policies; for example, using PTO during your last two weeks at Saber or calling off during your resignation period. This should be illegal. Last coworker had to work 30 days until they found her a replacement, good grief. Oh yeah, another health care job without any options for medical insurance for part-time employees. No perks, low pay, and safety concerns.

"Coy administration that favors co-workers whom are personal friends"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston, PA

I worked at Saber Healthcare Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Residents are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Administration hires and favors personal friends who are also former co-workers from previous employers. Made me not only feel intimidated/humiliated when I asked for assistance with job-related issues but also acted coy and refused to help when job-related projects and e-mail account mysteriously disappeared. Lost many hours of PTO because administration made it difficult for me to use. I loved my job and NEVER called off nor was I ever tardy but after new administration and her personal friends were hired, everyday was like walking on glass.

Advice to Management

1. Watch for red flags in character when hiring prospective administrators/supervisors 2. Before conducting yearly evaluations on administrators/supervisors, provide a survey for other co-workers to complete in regards to their administrator/supervisor.

"Saber's a Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Saber Healthcare Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working for a company who gives back to the community as well as Make-A-Wish Foundation, American Cancer Society, American Heart Association and Alzheimer's Association. I'm excited for the future of this company as I have seen many positive changes over the past year. It amazes me how this company has grown by leaps and bounds and continues to grow. It's nice to work for a company who is concerned with patient care vs the dollar. I've been in healthcare for over 10 years and have worked for four competitors and this is my favorite company as they put patients first and that is why I chose this industry.

Cons

I can't think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to put the patients first. Thank you for listening to our feedback and making improvements.

"Fair"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Peckville, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Peckville, PA

I have been working at Saber Healthcare Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small convenient travel,know residents feel more comfortable with learning system

Cons

Disorganization lack of administrative support poor communication cleanliness issues poor assessments by staff

Advice to Management

More involved

7. "Accounts Receivable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Saber Healthcare Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work closed with the Business office and get a wide variety of understanding in the SNF world. Support from peers and Regional team. Saber has policies and procedures set in place that I feel helps the company protect their revenue if followed appropriately. Strives to provide training and support to the new BOMs coming to the company. Supervisors respects ideas and concerns. Regional support has the best interest of the facility and company.

Cons

Large regions to manage and sometimes not a clear streamline of who has ownership over certain processes. Could use the same regional support for all departments and not just some.

Advice to Management

All have the best intentions to provide the best support to the facilities.

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Akron, OH

I have been working at Saber Healthcare Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for healthcare organizations for quite sometime now and if there is one thing I have learned it is that no company will ever be perfect! What I love most about Saber is that they are constantly trying to be better - which is not easy I am sure with such a large amount of employees and facilities. Saber has been great for me and I am assuming the people like me, that actually like working for Saber, do not have as much time on their hands as the ones who get on here and bash a company for having flaws. No job is perfect, but this is probably the best one I have had in probably 10 years!

Cons

Communication could be better company-wide but I see and hear a lot of different things coming down the line to improve these things so hopefully one day that will be a strength for Saber.

Advice to Management

Engage employees and make them feel wanted and appreciated - make them want to come back everyday!

"lpn"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Ravenna, OH
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Ravenna, OH

I have been working at Saber Healthcare Group full-time

Pros

Most of the staff is amazing and try to be a team

Cons

Management are awful, judgmental don't care about the employees at all the use you to death then throw you in the trash

Advice to Management

Try to care and trust in your employees we are human beings

"Very Sad Experience"

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Clayton, NC
    Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Clayton, NC

Pros

The ONLY pros at all were the residents. A few of the other employees were very good, honest, caring team players.

Cons

The disorganization, the State investigations, the lack of proper supplies, the very low pay for the CNA's ( lower than the receptionist and housekeeping) and the fact that the management always seemed overwhelmed, overworked or angry. Work environments aren't always going to be fun, but they can be satisfying.

The very worst con was the horrible CNA's ( most of them.) Sitting in the residents rooms on their phones, rolling their eyes when a resident was crying, hurting, lonely etc..yelling for help from a room and certain aides walking right on by saying " oh hell no." Talking horrible trash about the residents, people who worked hard their entire lives and contributed to society in ways we'll never be able to repay them for. Neglecting, avoiding and doing the very least possible for people who pay $4-6,000/month to be there. Med Techs stealing narcotic pain pills instead of giving them to the residents. I stood right there and watched a med tech swallow a hydrocodone PRN they signed out. Funny enough, that resident cried in pain for the rest of the night. CNA's blatantly not showing up, but then being allowed back to work like nothing ever happened.

I was a good CNA and I had a medical emergency that I had to abruptly leave work for. I had a malfunctioning phone that stopped working and had lost all of my contacts. Messages were left for the director ( who handled the call outs) for her to return the call so it could be explained to her what had happened, and how long I'd be out. The fact that I had to have minor surgery needed to be explained. The calls were never returned. I had kept in contact with 3 other employees keeping them up to date and letting them know I couldn't reach management. When asked for the directors # directly, I was told " not to bother her." When I returned to work on the day I said I'd be back with a note, I was told nothing was ever heard from me and that I had been terminated. Just like that. It was over. I loved and cared for the residents there like they were my own family. I loved me job, and did the best I could to work hard to make a difference. Apparently, no one cared. After I was terminated, I asked to return to get a handbag I left in the locker area. I was told to " go to the back door and avoid the cameras." When I asked someone to contact the director to ask the policy on this, they never bothered responding. I guess I know how my messages never got to the right person now. I'm not sure what else I expected from a crew that can't even succeed doing a load of laundry. No one seemed able to follow through on ANYTHING. I wish them all the best..especially their residents.

Advice to Management

" Policies" contradict themselves. Being told to contact only one person for call outs, then being told not to bother that person because they're bothered too much isn't helpful to the staff. It leaves them in a difficult situation, and eventually fired like it did me. Not that anyone cared.
     Hire people that really love and care for the residents. They are such kind, loving and vulnerable people. The staff for the most part IS their family. They deserve to feel loved.