Sabert Reviews | Glassdoor

Albert Salama

"Sabert Review--Excellent Company!"

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Sayreville, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Sayreville, NJ

I have been working at Sabert (Less than a year)

Pros

-employees are exceptionally friendly and want to help you learn (especially marketing department)
    -big enough company to work on big-scale projects but small enough that you can see your effort making a direct impact
    -excellent company culture: lots of social events, relatively casual--even leadership
    -Sabert gave me the opportunity to work on different types of projects involving different ways of thinking (quantitative, qualitative, etc)

Cons

very little intern bonding
    Sayreville is an old, run-down town--very limited lunch options

Advice to Management

Very well run company, over-performs for its size.
    I would encourage more cross-departmental bonding and offer more online training options for technical skills.

2. "Average"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sayreville, NJ

I have been working at Sabert full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People range from good to excellent to work with.
    Pay is not at par to the industry. Owner is a good man and very smart fellow.
    Lots of opportunity for free lunches. Free breakfast on every Tuesday and Thursday.

Cons

HR sucks. Don't pay enough and don't promote people.
    I recommend choose this only if you don't get anywhere else

Advice to Management

Recognize people and pay them well and keep them happy.

"Beware of glowing reviews."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

No pros anymore. Don't work there.

Cons

The only way company has glowing reviews is that employees write false glowing comments. In the last 6 months and since management changed, too many errors in pay, no overtime and management went south. HR is too interested in looking good and can't do the job.They are a sneaky munch!

Advice to Management

Open your eyes!

Sabert Response

Nov 21, 2016 – HR Associate

We take all feedback seriously and are dedicated to continuously improve the working conditions for our employees (one of our core Values). The majority of our reviews on Glassdoor are a true ... More

"Sabert Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sayreville, NJ

I have been working at Sabert (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sabert is a growing company that is constantly reinvesting back into the company and most importantly in its people. I have had the opportunity to grow within the company in a various number of roles. This has provided me knowledge in different areas of the business and has given me the tools to advance in my career with Sabert.

Cons

One of the areas that I thought could use some improvement was the training process for new hires. I have seen a huge improvement in this area over the past year or so. More procedures are being put in place and cross training has helped better connect all of the departments.

Advice to Management

Sabert is heading in a very positive direction. Continue to reinvest in the company and its people and there is no doubt Sabert will continue to see substantial growth.

"decent place to work"

Current Employee - Administration in Sayreville, NJ
    Current Employee - Administration in Sayreville, NJ

I have been working at Sabert full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, most people are willing to help. Good benefits package. Pay is within industry average. Monthly employee gathering to introduce new employees and important events. Cares about local communities. Free bagels and fruit twice a week. Gym on site. You will not get bored - a lot of challenges and opportunities to improve in a fast-paced environment. Growing company.

Cons

Hard to change old ways of working and thinking; micromanagement in some departments. Can get frustrating when you're asked to do non-value added work.

7. "Interning at Sabert"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Burlington, VT
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Burlington, VT

I worked at Sabert (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone I worked with was very friendly and willing to help, small departments make group collaboration feasible, all my Summer projects were very hands on (I was actually doing things related to my major and had my voice be heard!) frequently has fun events for employees, helpful trainings for all interns

Cons

The internship program needs more flexibility with hours

"Summer Intern at Sabert"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sayreville, NJ

Pros

My summer experience at Sabert was my first step into corporate America. I thought the internship program was organized well. I did not have experience with what I was doing as an intern prior to starting, however, the training at Sabert taught me what I need to know in this industry. I liked how there was formal and informal training. I was an intern but I felt like an employee. I was part of important meetings and the projects I did added value to the company. Upper level management is very approachable and they are there to make you better. Nobody at the company thinks they are higher than anyone else. You will see the CEO walking around the building and sometimes he will talk to you. The company is growing which means that employees get to be involved in exciting new projects. HR does a great job in planning activities outside of the work environment for employees.

Cons

I wish there were more team activities between the interns.

Advice to Management

I just wish I knew there were other interns. I came in thinking that I was the only intern and that I would be alone. Showing that there are other interns shows that the program is elaborate.

Sabert Response

Nov 21, 2016 – HR Associate

Thank you for your feedback! We will take this advice to improve our intern program.

9. "Welcoming Company"

Former Employee - Intern in Sayreville, NJ
    Former Employee - Intern in Sayreville, NJ

Pros

My time at Sabert was one of the most rewarding experiences. From the first day I joined the company, everyone was so welcoming. Stopping to say " Hello , how's your day going?", even if they didn't know me. Upper management was very approachable, willing to help & develop you. They wanted to hear your ideas, regardless of what level you were at. As an intern, my ideas were welcomed and encouraged. It is definitely a tight knit community that is on a great path to grow.

There are also many events that are held to keep the employees engaged. For example, monthly company gatherings, various holiday parties, and food drives.

Cons

Even though the sales are rapidly growing, there isn't much room for growth. Sabert needs to invest in having a larger workforce to keep up with their growth and keep valuable employees.

Advice to Management

Implement more processes. Encourage more growth among your employees.

10. "sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Pros

Decent products but not fun to work there. Constant turnover and no job security. Decent products but not fun to work there. Constant turnover and no job security.

Cons

No job security - constant turnover.

11. "Sabert"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sayreville, NJ

Pros

Very patient manager. Very friendly, welcoming environment from the first day. Great place to learn due to the helpful, kind nature of others.

Cons

Not enough training events throughout the summer.