Saddlebrook Resorts Reviews in Wesley Chapel, FL | Glassdoor

Wesley Chapel, FL

3.5
Thomas L. Dempsey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Co-workers are great."

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Wesley Chapel, FL

I have been working at Saddlebrook Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are great. The best part about going to work are the other team members. Managers can be pretty cool at times as well. During busy season, you can generate a lot of overtime, if your department allows it.

Cons

During slow season in the summer time, hours are cut like crazy even if your full time. A lot of people end up getting a 2nd job during slow season just to make ends meet.

2. "Amazing place to grow in your career."

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Wesley Chapel, FL

I have been working at Saddlebrook Resorts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing. Plenty of room to grow if you are a hard-worker. You will be rewarded for it. I have to figure a few of those other negative reviews are simply disgruntled, lazy employees.
    Everyone is so kind
    Open to good ideas
    Passionate place
    I've had a positive experience since the interview and I continue to enjoy my time. I would be happy for the rest of my career at Saddlebrook and I plan to make that happen.

Cons

Nothing! Be a hard worker and you will rise. I am only writing this much because I have a 20 word minimum.

Advice to Management

Keep appreciating your amazing employees.

3. "They don't care about employees"

Former Employee - Barista/Server/Server Assistant/Room Service/Banquet Server in Wesley Chapel, FL

I worked at Saddlebrook Resorts part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees are awesome and very professional.
    Some members and guests are very nice.
    It's good for hospitality experience especially since it's considered high end.
    The food is amazing ! They make almost everything from scratch and even make their own bread and pastries in their pastry kitchen.
    When it's busy you really make a lot.
    They have some employee functions that are nice.

Cons

They hire part time employees so they don't have to give them benefits but will work you overtime.
    They won't update anything and try to be exclusive to only high end customers.
    They will work you 18 hours in a shift then make you do this for days straight.
    They will let you go because your pregnant and won't accommodate you. Don't work here if you plan on having kids.
    They make you do a three person job by yourself to save money.
    They won't give you a raise no matter how long you work there.
    The management is very inconsistent and some were inexperienced.
    A lot of micromanaging
    You could have great secret shoppers then mess up once and they will fire you or move you to another department .
    The owner is sexist and racist .

Advice to Management

Stop letting the owner make all the decisions. The place had such great potential but because he won't allow change the place looks like it's stuck in the 80s.

4. "Bias"

Former Employee - Front Deck Agent in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Former Employee - Front Deck Agent in Wesley Chapel, FL

I worked at Saddlebrook Resorts part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Starter job into hospitality field

Cons

poor management, inconsistent policy, privately owned and operated. This resort used to have potential for growth and profit, the owner refuses to update the property or even buy new roofing which leaks, the managers are not consistent with policies across the board. managers pick and choose which rules they want to apply and to whom they will apply to. The point system for disciplinary action is the number one in broken policy.

Advice to Management

be fair and consistent to all employees, owner needs to update resort completely