Safe Auto Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Ari Deshe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great employees, casual dress, about all there is (in 5 reviews)

• Great Co-Workers and most supervisors are great people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It is impossible to obtain help even for the smallest of issues, which is mostly not the fault of direct supervisors but instead upper management (in 6 reviews)

• Management has no regard for employees (in 3 reviews)

1. "Marketing Intern"

Pros

Amazing people, got to learn a lot and was paid well

Cons

the only thing would be the location being at easton

"So So Experience"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Safe Auto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are nice. Overtime available if needed

Cons

Management has no regard for employees. It is impossible to obtain help even for the smallest of issues, which is mostly not the fault of direct supervisors but instead upper management. Upper management is clueless as to how to make a pleasant work environment. Jobs are being sent to Mexico and workers who have been dedicated for 10+ years are being let go with no regard. The pay structure is terrible, no shift differential and a bonus program to try and calm the workers. The customer base is bottom of the barrel and the product is sub par to say the least.

Advice to Management

Give your employees technology that works. Pay people who work late into the evening more and at least pretend you care about them.

3. "Poor management"

I have been working at Safe Auto full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great employees, casual dress, about all there is.

Cons

Management doesn't care, moral is the lowest I have ever seen, people sit around crying, tension in the building is very high, nothing is ever good enough, we are never doing enough. Never any encouragement, only criticized. Favotiism. They don't think through changes, just make them, then try to figure out how to handle the change while the employees take the blunt and wonder why we aren't doing enough for them.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees like you used too.

"Claims"

Current Employee - Claims Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Safe Auto full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

casual dress, h.q. in a great location in Easton, cafe in building, free coffee

Cons

Claims morale at an all-time low due to poor management of the latest restructure. demands without direction. It is one of the worst work environments I have ever been in. OK place to get a little exp. under your belt, but if you can, just work somewhere else.

Advice to Management

if I could give sr management a "0" rating, I would.

"No longer a prominent reputable company"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Safe Auto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A good place to start your insurance career and learn the claims handling basics

Cons

Very poorly managed . . The majority of the workforce now consists of inexperience young adjusters who are overworked and underpaid . The long time loyal employees have been discarded to save money .

Management has no interest in retaining or hiring anyone who will question or challenge them . Claims is made up of procedures not results Being taught how to complete templates and NOT how to be claims adjusters . Hostile work environment. High turnover.

Online customer reviews show a large decline of customer satisfaction between 2016- 2017 . Unfortunate. It was once a wonderful place to work . Now just another example of a poorly managed company ...

Advice to Management

Great leadership is not successful through fear of job loss and intimidation .

6. "Worked there for 2 years"

I worked at Safe Auto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SafeAuto has a great family culture. The work environment was safe meaning I felt I could voice my opinion and that is was respected. They honor work-life balance.

Cons

The mission of the company was not told straightforward. It was difficult to see the career path and move around.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with the entire company.

"Sad Face Emoji!"

Current Employee - Claims in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Claims in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Safe Auto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are nice, hour lunch break, get to wear jeans, and a great location.

Cons

New management took over and they micro manage everything. Over worked, underpaid, and high turnover. They do not value their more experienced claims handlers. They would rather put young inexperienced people in higher positions to save cost and because those people will not challenge them. If you are looking for claims experience, then work here for a year and move elsewhere for more money, but if you want to be valued, stay away!

"Not soooo BAD, could be better"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Safe Auto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

pay, shift bidding, company sponsored activities, family work balance, management,cafeteria, benefits

Cons

to many irons in the fire...supervisors not taking work related incidents seriously,

Advice to Management

niche market is over.upper management needs pay restructuring just like us...also stop adding wood to the fire before it gets a chance to burn

"Needs improvement"

I have been working at Safe Auto full-time

Pros

PTO and relaxed dress code

Cons

Lots of changes and no appreciation for staff. Impression on the floor is get on board or leave. Below average pay.

Advice to Management

Sure you're hiring a lot of people but only a few quality ones. Those of us on the floor stuck dealing with your new hires are being penalized because our jobs now take longer fixing those who get to skate by.

"Not recommended"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Safe Auto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

By law they have to pay you for hours worked. They have benefits, but they are stupidly expensive considering the low pay. They have a nice cafe, but if you work any later than 2pm you'll never, ever get to use it.

Cons

No shift differential. I used to work until midnight and made the same as someone who got off at 5pm. Never worked in insurance before this position, training was unhelpful and inconsistent. They changed the instructor part of the way through and then THAT instructor was assigned to another call center in Kentucky so we literally learned from computer modules instead of actual instruction by a person. While no training can cover ever scenario, it would be helpful to know more about the thing we're supposed to be helping people with. Pay is NOT competitive. AT ALL. Other companies in the area have you do the same job for way more per hour. Mandatory overtime is unavoidable for about 10 weeks in Feb/March/April. They give about 3 days notice of when they are going to start it - your own schedule outside of work be damned. Had emergency surgery with an unexpectedly long recovery time. Was basically told that my position in the company would be "re-evaluated" as to whether or not they needed me once my medical leave was over so I just left and found another job elsewhere.
    There is literally no room for job advancement. As mentioned below, claims customer service was moved to Mexico where they could get away with paying even less, I'm sure, so the only place to go is sales, which I had zero interest in.

Advice to Management

Maybe have some respect for your employees. When I started we had the option of going into sales or claims, they moved claims down to Mexico with the plans of moving more operations down there in the future so they are now mostly focused on customer service and sales. In fact, I don't believe they hire for just customer service anymore. Maybe if you paid people a wage that makes all the angry customers worth it, turn over wouldn't be so high.