Safe Auto Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Ari Deshe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Management has no regard for employees (in 5 reviews)

• It is impossible to obtain help even for the smallest of issues, which is mostly not the fault of direct supervisors but instead upper management (in 7 reviews)

"The worst working conditions in years!"

I have been working at Safe Auto full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great facility. Close to Easton. Casual dress environment. Nice cafe area with friendly staff.

Cons

The expectations that the Management has placed on the Claims Adjusters in the injury unit are ridiculous. The morale is the lowest it has been in years. They have promoted people that haven't been in the company long to be Team leads. They plan on screwing people out of their bonus money. The place is ridiculous. I will be looking for a new job elsewhere. They could care less about loyalty.

Advice to Management

Set reasonable goals that employees can achieve. Treat employees with respect.

"Claims - Things Are Getting Worse"

Former Employee - Injury Adjuster in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Injury Adjuster in Columbus, OH

I worked at Safe Auto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice facility. Business casual. Wellness coaches. Near Easton Town Center. Nice co-workers. Cafeteria with decent prices. Decent benefits. That’s all I can think of.

Cons

Pay is not competitive to industry standard. Stupid multiple templates (wouldn’t it make sense to combine them into just a few to makes work more efficient??). Now, management thought it was brilliant to dissolve several units within claims and force the remaining claims staff to learn new processes with just one day of training, more like one hour. On top of that, we are forced to answer phone calls all day long as a team, while learning these new processes. Are you trying to give your adjusters a heart attack? You should know people only want to talk to their claims adjuster, not a team member. I get that this is all about excellent customer service, but what about a happy work staff? Claim work is stressful enough, and you just upped the stress level!

Advice to Management

I would like to see you spend one week doing what you mandate us to do. Then you will see that you are working your people to death.

"Claims"

Former Employee - Claims
    Former Employee - Claims

I worked at Safe Auto full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wellness Program is nice and the coaches even better. You can't use it fully anymore due to being micromanaged. Facility and location is nice.

Cons

No consistency. New management. No reward for working hard except you might get a larger bonus at the end of the year when the higher ups (who have no clue what is going on) decide who is worthy and how much. But management keeps dangling that carrot. New management preaches approachable, but couldn't be more unapproachable. When you walk past one of us peons you force to work OT with no concern of impacts to our personal lives, a simple hello or how are you, would be nice. Instead of acting like you don't see us.
    No room for advancement unless you are one of management's favorites. People who do nothing and appear busy get promoted. But others who work, are passed over.
    Micromanaged into the ground. Critical thinking and a college degree are required. Why? Anyone who thinks and doesn't use a spoon fed template is reprimanded. Morale is terrible. Used to be great. If you want to work for almost half of the industry standard, go ahead and apply. This place would be great for you.
    If you value your time, know your college degree should earn you more than fifteen an hour; don't bother applying.
    Barely any tenured people left. People have been leaving, voluntarily and not, in droves since new management came on. He doesn't care though. To him, it's just another opening for a warm body to be a Claims drone for pennies on the dollar.

Advice to Management

Stop lying about caring about your employees. At least people would actually respect you for being honest. Instead of pretending to respect you out of fear of being tapped on the shoulder on Friday to be fired.

"Ground to dust"

Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Safe Auto full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Casual work dress, PTO, Coworkers

Cons

Horrible upper management. No work life balance. Compensation is 25-50% below industry standards. They will grind you to dust and throw you away.

Advice to Management

Actually staff to need and compensate accordingly.

"Claims Adjuster"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Columbus, OH

I worked at Safe Auto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Facilities. Tenured adjusters were very helpful. Location. Dress code. Cafeteria.

Cons

The pay to workload ratio is laughable. Even with a college degree pay is far below industry standards. The training was very short (3 weeks) and you are expected to learn on the job without support from managers. Computer software is ancient and systems go down constantly.

Advice to Management

Start over from scratch. Again.

"Claims"

Current Employee - Claims Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Safe Auto full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

casual dress, h.q. in a great location in Easton, cafe in building, free coffee

Cons

Claims morale at an all-time low due to poor management of the latest restructure. demands without direction. It is one of the worst work environments I have ever been in. OK place to get a little exp. under your belt, but if you can, just work somewhere else.

Advice to Management

if I could give sr management a "0" rating, I would.

"Poor management"

I have been working at Safe Auto full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great employees, casual dress, about all there is.

Cons

Management doesn't care, moral is the lowest I have ever seen, people sit around crying, tension in the building is very high, nothing is ever good enough, we are never doing enough. Never any encouragement, only criticized. Favotiism. They don't think through changes, just make them, then try to figure out how to handle the change while the employees take the blunt and wonder why we aren't doing enough for them.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees like you used too.

"No longer a prominent reputable company"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Safe Auto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A good place to start your insurance career and learn the claims handling basics

Cons

Very poorly managed . . The majority of the workforce now consists of inexperience young adjusters who are overworked and underpaid . The long time loyal employees have been discarded to save money .

Management has no interest in retaining or hiring anyone who will question or challenge them . Claims is made up of procedures not results Being taught how to complete templates and NOT how to be claims adjusters . Hostile work environment. High turnover.

Online customer reviews show a large decline of customer satisfaction between 2016- 2017 . Unfortunate. It was once a wonderful place to work . Now just another example of a poorly managed company ...

Advice to Management

Great leadership is not successful through fear of job loss and intimidation .

"Not recommended"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Safe Auto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

By law they have to pay you for hours worked. They have benefits, but they are stupidly expensive considering the low pay. They have a nice cafe, but if you work any later than 2pm you'll never, ever get to use it.

Cons

No shift differential. I used to work until midnight and made the same as someone who got off at 5pm. Never worked in insurance before this position, training was unhelpful and inconsistent. They changed the instructor part of the way through and then THAT instructor was assigned to another call center in Kentucky so we literally learned from computer modules instead of actual instruction by a person. While no training can cover ever scenario, it would be helpful to know more about the thing we're supposed to be helping people with. Pay is NOT competitive. AT ALL. Other companies in the area have you do the same job for way more per hour. Mandatory overtime is unavoidable for about 10 weeks in Feb/March/April. They give about 3 days notice of when they are going to start it - your own schedule outside of work be damned. Had emergency surgery with an unexpectedly long recovery time. Was basically told that my position in the company would be "re-evaluated" as to whether or not they needed me once my medical leave was over so I just left and found another job elsewhere.
    There is literally no room for job advancement. As mentioned below, claims customer service was moved to Mexico where they could get away with paying even less, I'm sure, so the only place to go is sales, which I had zero interest in.

Advice to Management

Maybe have some respect for your employees. When I started we had the option of going into sales or claims, they moved claims down to Mexico with the plans of moving more operations down there in the future so they are now mostly focused on customer service and sales. In fact, I don't believe they hire for just customer service anymore. Maybe if you paid people a wage that makes all the angry customers worth it, turn over wouldn't be so high.

"CSR"

Current Employee - CSR-1 in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - CSR-1 in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Safe Auto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

casual, coworkers are generally nice. nice office

Cons

low pay, jobs are being outsourced to Mexico. Supervisors need more trying, if they like you different rules. On eggshells, instead of laying people off, don't start making up different rules to force employee out or fired.

Advice to Management

If your going to outsource to Mexico be a decent company, offer severance pay and or unemployment. Really trying get rid of employees That work hard and long hours a chance to find a new job.