SafeRack Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growing company"

Current Employee - Sales in Andrews, SC
    Current Employee - Sales in Andrews, SC

I have been working at SafeRack full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very customer focused company that focuses on innovation and adding value in many vertical markets.

Cons

travel and fast paced environment - not for people who just want 'a job'...

Advice to Management

keep supporting the team that works together!

"Saferack"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Andrews, SC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Andrews, SC

I have been working at SafeRack full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Came to work for SafeRack October 2005 when the manufacturing facility first opened. It's been a great adventure to be a part of this organization and it's growth.

Cons

mileage because I live outside of Andrews

Advice to Management

Always take care of your employees......they are a major part of how we got to where we are today

"Progressive and Innovative Company"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at SafeRack full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere.

Reinvestment in the company to promote and service growing sales.

Continuous upgrades in manufacturing technologies.

Cutting edge product innovations that keep SafeRack the leader in our industry

Cons

We have endured some personnel set backs with our growth. Historically, we have had low turnover in all areas of our company, which is the expectation. A more refined approach to hiring qualified candidates that fit into the SafeRack culture needs to be used to ensure the best candidates are brought in to perpetuate that winning formula and assist in our continued growth.
         Long work hours accompany success. Expect to work hard and have that effort pay off in the end.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging input from your foot soldiers (sales, engineering, customer service, and production personnel) and use that information to keep pace with changing market conditions and most importantly customer expectations. That is what has built the happy customer base we service and will be the recipe for success in the future.

4. "Growing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andrews, SC

I have been working at SafeRack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started at SafeRack earlier in the summer and I have been very impressed thus far. Management listens to the employees and empowers them to do a good job without micromanagement. You can see there is a lot of opportunity for advancement based on the expansions they are doing at the plant in Andrews. Really good crowd of people here.

Cons

As with any growing company, there have been days when I have felt like I've been juggling a bunch of balls in the air.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andrews, SC

I have been working at SafeRack full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The continual improvement of the manufacturing process is amazing. Customers continue to be impressed and return for additional projects over and over.

Cons

Not many, just a lot that had to get done everyday, could use more people to help with all the business

Advice to Management

Keep up the forward thinking, the competition will have to try and keep up, good place to be.

6. "Good working environment and job culture. Everyone works hard and company is results driven."

Former Employee - Material Handler in Andrews, SC
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Andrews, SC

I worked at SafeRack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Gets really hot during the summer

"Buy Stock Now"

Current Employee - Sales in Sumter, SC
    Current Employee - Sales in Sumter, SC

I have been working at SafeRack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome Owners, Family Friendly, Openness among employees/ Co- workers. SafeRack has doubled in volume/ quality each year. Should be listed as the one of the top independent companies to work for. Do your work and own your work, you will feel appreciated and compensated! New plant expansion has taken account Safety, Ergonomics, Ready to ship stocked items and excellent accountability. If you don't care and don't work, you will be weeded out. I must say that everyone works extremely hard and efficient by striving to meet deadlines with quality products. This gives a Sales Person a real piece of mind

Cons

Nominal Growing Pains of a company that has doubled each year over. Implementing more structure and policies--- but who doesn't these days.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Stay with the old fashion values that you implemented when the company first started. Don't forget that a great customer is a customer for life!

8. "Great Company Changing Loading industry forever!"

I have been working at SafeRack full-time

Pros

Great company with a family atmosphere. Ownership and management honestly care about the people they work with... if you enjoy being part of a team this is a great company to work for.. your contributions are noticed and truly appreciated. Tremendous potential to earn great $$$$

Cons

When oil and gas are down SafeRack feels it. Recent diversification and new product offerings are helping avoid those economic downturns.

Advice to Management

Keep communication flowing between employees and management.

"SafeRack"

Former Employee - Welder in Andrews, SC
    Former Employee - Welder in Andrews, SC

Pros

Nice folks to work for. Crew I worked with were young, very fast pasted. Very clean shop well laid out . Great brake room with plenty of space.

Cons

Night shift crew and day shift crews at odds over workmanship and time spent. Employees play music way to loud as they use amps to blast there music. If your a temp forget about being hired on.

Advice to Management

Remember older people work steady and try hard to keep up with much younger employees. Try to match your teams better closer to age and skill level. Your pay scale is very low for what is expected in production.

"Sales"

Pros

Great company to work for. They don't micro manage their sales team, but they do expect results, which should be expected in a sales driven company.

Cons

Aggressive expansion slowed a little due to the current market conditions