SafeRack Reviews | Glassdoor

Rob Honeycutt and Fred Harmon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Not Enough Talent"

Current Employee - Sales in Andrews, SC

I have been working at SafeRack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A handful of really talented individuals who work a Saferack because 1) It's the only real industry within 50 miles of Andrews or 2) Because they're getting paid big $$$ to be loyal.

Cons

That handful of talented team members are muddied by the ineptitude of most of the rest of the individuals in the company. Most don't have education. Most have never known anything except the comfort of Carbis or SafeRack and have never experienced any new ideas. Don't go hear if you want to grow as a professional.

Advice to Management

Elevate your team.

2. "Great Company Changing Loading industry forever!"

I have been working at SafeRack full-time

Pros

Great company with a family atmosphere. Ownership and management honestly care about the people they work with... if you enjoy being part of a team this is a great company to work for.. your contributions are noticed and truly appreciated. Tremendous potential to earn great $$$$

Cons

When oil and gas are down SafeRack feels it. Recent diversification and new product offerings are helping avoid those economic downturns.

Advice to Management

Keep communication flowing between employees and management.

"Deceiving Leadership"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Andrews, SC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Andrews, SC

I worked at SafeRack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leader in industry.
    American Made.
    Free Parking.
    Soda Machine.
    In case you can't tell I really can't say much good about this place and I have been working in sales for over two years now.

Cons

Fear of job security. Mass Layoffs always happening. Management will tell employees everyone is safe and things are good then turnaround and layoff 30 people.
    Constant change in job status, job duties, and job description. People are asked to go from full time to part all the time. Never the other way around.

Advice to Management

Care about the people in your building. It will resonate with the clients as well.

4. "Growing company"

Current Employee - Sales in Andrews, SC

I have been working at SafeRack full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very customer focused company that focuses on innovation and adding value in many vertical markets.

Cons

travel and fast paced environment - not for people who just want 'a job'...

Advice to Management

keep supporting the team that works together!

5. "Draftsman Designer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sumter, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sumter, SC

I worked at SafeRack full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Clean work stations, fast server, good software, reasonable breaks

Cons

constantly on your back to produce, no time to pull back and relax on project. will put you on report easily

Advice to Management

relax the job will get done, with less pressure less mistakes will be made.

6. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andrews, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andrews, SC

Pros

Many good people working there. Good product.

Cons

Dishonest and corrupt senior management. Reckless and unnecessary spending. Poor overall management with limited leadership skills. Unrealistic expectations from under qualified managers without proper leadership or training abilities.

Advice to Management

Respect your empoyees, provide reasonable expectations, measure accurately and fairly, don't make misleading promises, and you will get better results.

"Saferack"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Andrews, SC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Andrews, SC

I have been working at SafeRack full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Came to work for SafeRack October 2005 when the manufacturing facility first opened. It's been a great adventure to be a part of this organization and it's growth.

Cons

mileage because I live outside of Andrews

Advice to Management

Always take care of your employees......they are a major part of how we got to where we are today

"Progressive and Innovative Company"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at SafeRack full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere.

Reinvestment in the company to promote and service growing sales.

Continuous upgrades in manufacturing technologies.

Cutting edge product innovations that keep SafeRack the leader in our industry

Cons

We have endured some personnel set backs with our growth. Historically, we have had low turnover in all areas of our company, which is the expectation. A more refined approach to hiring qualified candidates that fit into the SafeRack culture needs to be used to ensure the best candidates are brought in to perpetuate that winning formula and assist in our continued growth.
         Long work hours accompany success. Expect to work hard and have that effort pay off in the end.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging input from your foot soldiers (sales, engineering, customer service, and production personnel) and use that information to keep pace with changing market conditions and most importantly customer expectations. That is what has built the happy customer base we service and will be the recipe for success in the future.

9. "Deceiving leadership"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at SafeRack (More than a year)

Pros

Many "pros" have shifted to cons after budget cuts and reckless spending. Used to be very good money in sales role.

The team managers are great.

Company provides MacBooks and iPads.

Cons

First off and most importantly, multiple issues with wrong amounts (less) paid on commission checks.

Ownership and leadership recklessly spend. This combined with the industry times have led to many of our co-workers losing jobs and even taking forced pay cuts. Company pays for many of our reps to fly out of the Carolinas to work nationwide & Canada around 42 weeks a year with rental cars (opposed to hiring more in territory reps).

The head office in Andrews, SC is covered in tiny $1000 chandeliers yet employees are wondering if they are going to lose their job after performing well.

Home office also has literally a glass ceiling and walls that have corporate employees looking over and working above hourly employees.

Run with an old school mentality with a sort of no fun, no play culture when in the office.

No real sales or lead generation process. We had an inside sales team sending qualified opportunities and helping with transactional deals but that has sense been cut due to layoffs or most people from inside leaving.

We use a CRM created by the owner (who also runs 6-7 other companies and makes his CRM and demo configurator) that is really not efficient in comparison to others and only use because its a product ownership is trying to market.

A lot of good people at SafeRack but executive leadership seems questionable at best

10. "Used to be good"

I have been working at SafeRack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycheck each week is all i have

Cons

Spend my time worrying about if we have a job and owners ride around in Limos and don't seem to care

Advice to Management

remember who does all the hard work