Cover image for Safelite AutoGlass

3.1
Safelite AutoGlass President and CEO Renee Cacchillo
Renee Cacchillo

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay and physically easy(in 129 reviews)
  • "benefits are good and lots of options(in 93 reviews)
  • "I hope to continue my career here at Safelite simply because the environment here is great and the people are just as great.(in 78 reviews)
  • "Flexible and good training(in 46 reviews)
  • "We have a great culture here at Safelite.(in 24 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Safelite AutoGlass and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Overall great place to work

Dec 1, 2022 - Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super friendly staff and managers who truly want you to succeed and promote at your job.

Cons

No one is happy that their windshield or other glass is broken, customers often aren't happy about needing the service done.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible company

Aug 11, 2022 - Install Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training. It's a great for giving experience in the industry but not good long term

Cons

Terrible corporate, all you'll hear about is selling wipers, customers are the worst haven't had such terrible interactions with customers even in my 6 years in retail. Over worked and underpaid literally. Prepare to have no life outside of work as you'll be working 6 days a week more often then not. Hours are 7 am to whenever your done, and they over route you consistently. Your raises are tied to arbitrary statistics that they just raise the bar on if your to close to hitting them. One being customers reviews. 1 bad review will require 20 perfect reviews to balance out. Others being wipers sales, how many installs you do a week, and time spent on each install. Routing is terrible it's not uncommon to be 30 minutes in between each job. Plus the traffic and the fact the vans are tracked with with geo tabs that report back if you go over the speed limit by 3mph, of you brake to hard, if you take a corner to hard, if you idle your van for more than 5 minutes, which is easy to do when your taking your mandatory 30 minute lunch break, and you don't want to have a heat stroke in the cab of your van. Overall I hate this job more than any other I've had, they're a terrible company, and when I quit I will never work for them again, or use their services just out of pure spite. Amazon gets all the press because they're employees have to pee in bottles, we'll that this job you'll crap in a home depot bucket because your over routed so badly.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Safelite AutoGlass team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Dead End Career

Oct 20, 2022 - Senior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will never be short of work. You won't be fired unless you steal or fight or do drugs. Weekly Pay(its a pro and a con)

Cons

Management is terrible in most facilities. They over work you till you say I quit. They will ruin your pay cause they are greedy. If a tech gets a warranty then the tech that did the job needs to go back to that place unless the customer does not want them out there. Wiper blades wiper blades wiper blades. you sell them for 65 after taxes and get 5 dollars per bladenot really a good deal. They tell you your not upselling just so they don't have to pay a proper commison for them.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Current Employee

Poor district management/ not for the people

Nov 26, 2022 - Store Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, and day shift

Cons

VERY POOR TRAINING and no support from your supervisors. Technicians are expected to work 60+ hours through the peak summer months. They will not promote within, they dont want technicians to move up. They will expect you to work till a breaking point. They are NOT for the good of the employees. Store managers are expected to work 55+ hours The turn over is so high because there isnt any support for their employees.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Stepping Stone

Nov 17, 2022 - Trainer in Rio Rancho, NM
    Business Outlook

Pros

There was always work to be had. Felt like there was a good team I had worked with and also a good outline of how we expected our days to go and progress.

Cons

I was there during COVID. They had shut down my entire team and wanted me to take a step backward when things did start to pick up again.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best place to work

Nov 23, 2022 - Contact Center Supervisor in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented and dedicated to taking care of their workers.

Cons

Nothing but love all the way around the board.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

lay off the true face of your company

Nov 8, 2022 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

good place to work if you are hands on and like working alone, get your feet wet into automotive hopefully get you into a better job where it pags more

Cons

management is unaware of alot of issues that go on, corporate makes the job alot harder than it is, wiper sales are no longer effecting your pay but still required??? my advice to Safelite stop the surveys get rid of them it just makes people hate their job and proves nothing half the time your blasted for scheduling which is done by the call center

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Why you should NEVER work here

Nov 17, 2022 - Warehouse Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

the ONLY pro of working here is health, dental & vision insurance and PTO

Cons

HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT, laziness is rewarded while hard work is punished, they NEVER punish the problem employees, the technicians are incredibly disrespectful and treated us like slaves, delivery trucks are constantly breaking down, they regularly change policies, upper management will cut back on benefits to have more money for themselves and last but not least, the culture of Safelite is ABSOLUTELY WARPED. take it from me, this is a thankless company to work for. Do not waste your time. this is hands down one of the WORST jobs I have ever had

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Entry Level

Nov 2, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Chandler, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Safelite is a great entry level position into the all center world. Systems were very easy to use and scripting is provided throughout the whole call to guide your conversation. Job itself was very easy. It also is work from home which is very convenient. My manager Brandon was amazing. He was very accessible to his teammates and helped with any questions.

Cons

There’s not a lot of opportunities for growth. It has more of lateral moves to other departments with no pay increase. The systems had issues at times and. It so compatible to work from home. Pay is not very much but there is opportunities for increase once you train on more clients. However it sorta caps at $20 per hour until you reach your 2 year mark.

11. 5.0
    Former Employee

Long days

Nov 20, 2022 - Handyman
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good employer lots of work

Cons

Corporate goals that are not human

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,485 Reviews
</>Embed

Safelite AutoGlass Reviews FAQs

Safelite AutoGlass has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 1,524 reviews left anonymously by employees. 41% of employees would recommend working at Safelite AutoGlass to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Safelite AutoGlass employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Safelite AutoGlass. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

41% of Safelite AutoGlass employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Safelite AutoGlass 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Safelite AutoGlass to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, management.

Popular Careers with Safelite AutoGlass Job Seekers