Safety Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dan Hurdle

"Decent company with a good vision."

Former Employee - Manual Department Supervisor/Technical Writer in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Manual Department Supervisor/Technical Writer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Safety Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Comprehensive training for all positions and areas of business for the company. Able to turn someone who had never previously heard of OSHA into a safety professional within six months. Large catalog of products and product knowledge materials. Upper management has an open door policy and is receptive to ideas to make the overall work experience better.

Cons

Employees could be shown value more often. Sales employees are generously compensated and given incentives for sales, support and production staff found to be lacking in corporate value.

Advice to Management

Strengthen the bridge between sales and support staff. Other than that, on the right track.

2. "Learned about the Oil & Petroleum industry, helped companies be compliant with OSHA standards"

Former Employee - Account Executive/Safety Advisor in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive/Safety Advisor in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Safety Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Cool Schedules. Great People. My schedule allowed me to be able to have some time for other errands and responsibilities I didn't have before

Cons

Quota really high. Management had a unrealistic quota for new reps, I wasn't making any money, because I had to reach quota and the industry isn't at a place where companies are investing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, recognize more

3. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Safety Services (Less than a year)

Pros

decent training, friendly atmosphere

Cons

unrealistic quotas, high turnover

Advice to Management

make goals achieveable

"Horrible Company"

Pros

Seriously, there are no "Pros" unless you are in upper management

Cons

Upper Managment treat the employees in the Manual Building dept. like crap. No incentive, no raises, no nothing. It's all about upper managment and the sales department. I've seen people go to lunch and never return. That doesn't say anything good about the Company. People on their cell phones all the time, up walking around talking to other employees. And the woman who sits in the corner office really thinks she's God gift to the company just because she's knowledgeable in finances.

Advice to Management

Treat your production employees better and give them something to look forward to instead of treating them llike your slaves.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Yuma, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Yuma, AZ

I worked at Safety Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of experience to be gained.

Cons

Employee review and evaluations lacked any continuity and didn't provide ways to improve deficiencies identified in evaluation.

Advice to Management

In this environment you can't get caught up in the race. Use goals to help motivate your efforts but don't forget at the end of the day it's business and you have a life outside of the office.

7. "Unusual Cultures (plural intended)"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Safety Services (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an outbound sales and support center for customized OSHA manuals, mostly directed toward large-scale construction companies. The environment for that part of the business is highly competitive sales with incentives. Loud, lively, fun, but stressful. I was in an isolated writer's group, so I was not part of that culture.
    My team was a diverse group of writers, web developer, DBA, audio editor, most of whom had been there for many years. Navigating the building was strange because you pass through the myriad of micro-cultures, each with their own unique style, look and even music courtesy the lead or manager of the group. The quiet writers group (headphones only please), through the noisy outbound sales/inbound help desk area, people shouting out sales as they close the deals and a lead barking encouraging and congratulatory praise , then through another more sedate area for more sensitive accounts maybe some nice tropical or Motown music, played at a more soothing decibel, then a recovery area where discreet, confidential conversations are accompanied by soothing, rhythmic but contemporary tunes, then to the break room/vending area, no music. Just walking through to the break room you experience a lot of different facets of the company. They also print, assemble, and ship the manuals, just beyond the metal exit door at the back of the room.

Cons

The environment of the group was way too quiet for me.
    I was uneasy about their future because they were experiencing tremendous growth and it seemed at the time to be 'iffy' with all the extreme business model changes. I guess I was wrong though, they are still thriving. So, yay for them for surviving the changes! : )

Advice to Management

None

8. "Positive Changes Occurring"

I have been working at Safety Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work Schedule, Location, Ongoing Training, Improvements with Management, Workflow Consistency, Good Medical/Retirement benefits and Occasional Bonuses.

Cons

Unstable, unprofessional work environment with little reception of employee input. Client retention may decrease if there are no improvements soon, within the realms of task designations.

Advice to Management

Do not rely on managers for feedback. Retain direct feedback from employees; offer employee surveys and we can better serve the company to retain clients.

9. "Csr"

Pros

Great job and I am going to have the same as last year I was wondering how you can get a good idea day and time of the day.

Cons

Great job with and the without the prior to your email and any attachment is prohibited and you can see the attached ee

Advice to Management

Great the great the same thing as well and that any disclosure copying of the individual sender immediately by replying and them in the future please let me a little more time.

10. "Second Chance"

I worked at Safety Services full-time

Pros

I appreciated the opportunity to work at Safety Services. I met some really good employees there. One of the things I truly like about this company is the opportunity it gives people to repair their life. I like the directions this company is going. The requirement for professional dress attire is awesome. I love that most of all.

I can't think of her name but she works in HR and at the front desk as well. I would like to thank her for all the effort she put forth to making sure all my i's were dotted and t's were crossed when doing my processing.

I would like to thank Mrs. Vicky for her professionalism in the interview process. She is a good sales person herself. She sold me on working here. She really made me feel motivated to start there.

I would like to thank my Team Lead for taking the extra time to provide me with additional training we needed and monitoring me while I was on phone so that he can give me good feed back

Wow! There are no words to say about Michael and Victor. Sitting by those two was a true blessing to me. I love their technique they use to get me prepared to take a call. Awesome

My Trainer Mrs. Vanessa is without a doubt one of the best. She had little time to get us fully prepared but she made sure even after we hit the floor she was there for me as well. If her work is any example of what type of wife and mother she is then her family is truly blessed.

My Manager Kevin is okay for a Marine, lol. Happy to have him as a manager. Very discipline as I expect him to me.

Cons

Some of the employees there are not trying to make a change in there life. Some come there with the same mentality from there past. I would say the analogy would be everyone that dress for business is not really about business.

Advice to Management

Recognize those that are not trying and press delete. Someone like me who likes to be around good positive and productive employees don't need to hear topics that don't belong in a business place.

"Scytso"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Safety Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1 great VP traditional side

Cons

Too numerous to mention

Advice to Management

Put Chris F. In charge as CEO .