Safety Services Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Dan Hurdle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Admin"

I have been working at Safety Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive environment, great incentives for sales, benefits, growth, location

Cons

hours, short lunch, turnover, resources

2. "EWWW DON'T DO IT!!"

I worked at Safety Services full-time

Pros

They pay a decent hourly ($14). If you just got out of prison they will hire you.

Cons

Their sales expectations are ridiculous and so bonus's are almost impossible. You feel as if you are scamming people

Advice to Management

No advice because this company should not even exist

3. "This company was a fine company to work for when I began in 2013. By 2015, all of the top earners had left the company."

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Safety Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the opportunity t work with some wonderful people while there, and was called to work with a company in the same industry, Oil Gas and Petroleum HSE Pre-Qualification.

Cons

Upper management took a poor turn, both in support and in compensation. It was sad to watch a company with so much talent loose it in return for 'hopeful' financial gain. This has not been the case for them.

Advice to Management

Treat your assets like assets, both in house and clients.

4. "DO NOT WORK HERE"

Former Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Safety Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is awful, run while you still can. They punish you for taking massive action, the management doesn't have the slightest clue how sales work

Cons

Carrot on a stick commission plan
    Awful leads that get called multiple times a day
    If you want a sales career go somewhere else as soon as possible

Advice to Management

They have no idea how to even run a sales floor, it's laughable

"Decent company with a good vision."

Former Employee - Manual Department Supervisor/Technical Writer in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Manual Department Supervisor/Technical Writer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Safety Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Comprehensive training for all positions and areas of business for the company. Able to turn someone who had never previously heard of OSHA into a safety professional within six months. Large catalog of products and product knowledge materials. Upper management has an open door policy and is receptive to ideas to make the overall work experience better.

Cons

Employees could be shown value more often. Sales employees are generously compensated and given incentives for sales, support and production staff found to be lacking in corporate value.

Advice to Management

Strengthen the bridge between sales and support staff. Other than that, on the right track.

"Learned about the Oil & Petroleum industry, helped companies be compliant with OSHA standards"

Former Employee - Account Executive/Safety Advisor in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive/Safety Advisor in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Safety Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Cool Schedules. Great People. My schedule allowed me to be able to have some time for other errands and responsibilities I didn't have before

Cons

Quota really high. Management had a unrealistic quota for new reps, I wasn't making any money, because I had to reach quota and the industry isn't at a place where companies are investing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, recognize more

"Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Safety Services (Less than a year)

Pros

decent training, friendly atmosphere

Cons

unrealistic quotas, high turnover

Advice to Management

make goals achieveable

"Horrible Company"

Pros

Seriously, there are no "Pros" unless you are in upper management

Cons

Upper Managment treat the employees in the Manual Building dept. like crap. No incentive, no raises, no nothing. It's all about upper managment and the sales department. I've seen people go to lunch and never return. That doesn't say anything good about the Company. People on their cell phones all the time, up walking around talking to other employees. And the woman who sits in the corner office really thinks she's God gift to the company just because she's knowledgeable in finances.

Advice to Management

Treat your production employees better and give them something to look forward to instead of treating them llike your slaves.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Yuma, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Yuma, AZ

I worked at Safety Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of experience to be gained.

Cons

Employee review and evaluations lacked any continuity and didn't provide ways to improve deficiencies identified in evaluation.

Advice to Management

In this environment you can't get caught up in the race. Use goals to help motivate your efforts but don't forget at the end of the day it's business and you have a life outside of the office.

"Unusual Cultures (plural intended)"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Safety Services (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an outbound sales and support center for customized OSHA manuals, mostly directed toward large-scale construction companies. The environment for that part of the business is highly competitive sales with incentives. Loud, lively, fun, but stressful. I was in an isolated writer's group, so I was not part of that culture.
    My team was a diverse group of writers, web developer, DBA, audio editor, most of whom had been there for many years. Navigating the building was strange because you pass through the myriad of micro-cultures, each with their own unique style, look and even music courtesy the lead or manager of the group. The quiet writers group (headphones only please), through the noisy outbound sales/inbound help desk area, people shouting out sales as they close the deals and a lead barking encouraging and congratulatory praise , then through another more sedate area for more sensitive accounts maybe some nice tropical or Motown music, played at a more soothing decibel, then a recovery area where discreet, confidential conversations are accompanied by soothing, rhythmic but contemporary tunes, then to the break room/vending area, no music. Just walking through to the break room you experience a lot of different facets of the company. They also print, assemble, and ship the manuals, just beyond the metal exit door at the back of the room.

Cons

The environment of the group was way too quiet for me.
    I was uneasy about their future because they were experiencing tremendous growth and it seemed at the time to be 'iffy' with all the extreme business model changes. I guess I was wrong though, they are still thriving. So, yay for them for surviving the changes! : )

Advice to Management

None