Safilo Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 26, 2017

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Luisa Delgado

Pros
  • Company has great reputation in the industry, but could definitely use a little modernization (in 4 reviews)

• Absolutely no pros I can think of (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The new CEO and top management talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk (in 4 reviews)

• No cons it a great company I enjoy working for this company (in 3 reviews)

1. "Territory manager"

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Safilo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great brands, flexible schedule, good compensation program, good family work schedule. Always something new around the corner. Great training and people you work with.

Cons

Loss of key management, changing the how you qualify for bonus. Limited communication up th chain of command . Top down management do not listen to the needs in the field

Advice to Management

Customers come first

2. "Need to invest more in people"

I have been working at Safilo full-time

Pros

Multi-national, trying to become more modern and catch up with other companies in the industry.

Cons

Lots of great ideas, but executed in a confusing way sometimes. Need to value and listen to people more, offer more opportunities of internal promotion. Salary could be better.

Advice to Management

Consider internal moves before employing people from outside the company. Less favouritism.

"Manager"

I have been working at Safilo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Safilo is going through many changes right now - all positive. Without change one becomes stale; this is true for a company as well as an individual. I have been with several companies and never have I met more passionate and caring people. If you are new everyone wants to know who you are and welcomes you. This is thanks to all the employees that have been devoted to Safilo for so long.
    We have put into place new processes so that our employees can grow. Safilo recognizes its employees and takes the steps to develop the full potential of their employees. We have in place a performance management process that helps managers achieve the goal of getting the best from their employees.
    We have established relationships with local universities. We have a relationship with Special Olympics. We have amazing brands. We have career paths for our employees and give them the opportunity to grow. We have very generous benefits. We have an onsite cafeteria. We organize internal events, most recently Take Our Children to Work Day.

Cons

Some employees find the rapid change challenging. Safilo has become a company where you "wear many hats" vs. before you wore one. If you do not find an entrepreneurial environment exciting then this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

It is understandable to expect employees to react to change since the process of change involves going from the known to the unknown. Continue to have Town Hall Meetings. Continue to have breakfast meetings. Continue to support your employees and continue to encourage them to participate, in the decision making, with what works, what needs to stop, and what we need to introduce.

5. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Safilo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working as a team with great people. Seeing employees’ personal development and progress along with some getting promotions as a result of their efforts.

Cons

Going through changes as an organization can be challenging. For the most part I see this as being a good thing and exciting but not everyone feels this way. If you like things to stay as they were and don't value innovation and new then this is not this place for you. But if you are challenged by new, want to be a part of changing what's outdated and old then this is the place for you. This con is a matter of individual perspective.

Advice to Management

Keep improving processes to build a stronger company. Share all the why's to help those who struggle more with change. No such thing as too much information.

6. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Vestavia, AL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Vestavia, AL

I have been working at Safilo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Independent contractor, flexible hours, travel is a must

Cons

Independent contractor, no benefits, not a stable environment, no reimbursement, file your own taxes

7. "Trade Marketing Intern"

Current Intern - Trade Marketing Intern in Miami, FL
    Current Intern - Trade Marketing Intern in Miami, FL

I have been working at Safilo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, helpful coworkers, global company in the fashion industry with a great portfolio of brands to develop the business everywhere.

Cons

weak structure of the teams in some of the locations, ambitious without enough tools to be able to work and develop a great business.

Advice to Management

keep up the ambitious, always aim for more but you need to have the resources to be able to deliver.

"Good environment, but not structured practice."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

I have been working at Safilo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are very friendly. It is easy to speak with other employees and feel them as friends. People care about their company.

Cons

The company is not structured. Too many changes, without a clear and shared target.

Advice to Management

Need of a long-term project.

"Sales Rep for Safilo for 5 years"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Samara, Samarskaya Oblast' (Russia)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Samara, Samarskaya Oblast' (Russia)

I worked at Safilo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great brands, good logistics, great market opportunities

Cons

Not enough trade marketing support

Advice to Management

No advice

10. "n stock"

Current Employee - Stock Controller in Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Current Employee - Stock Controller in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I have been working at Safilo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good environment to work in, great people, and good working hours.

Cons

I don't have any cons yet.

Advice to Management

keep it up

11. "International mentality and orientation career wise , mostly meritocratic (but still an Italian company so exceptions..)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Padova (Italy)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Padova (Italy)

I have been working at Safilo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ok benefits/ specialized in luxury segment/ international orientation and career prospects/ differentiated sales channels and segments/ overall business culture pleasant and family-like

Cons

Long hours/ low pay/ too many management layers/ already at middle management way too much time eaten up by endless meetings and too little contact with clients

Advice to Management

Product coordination needs to understand reality of market more (too much design-focused) and so dialogue with commercial side / sales force is necessary (seems not to exist at the moment)