Sage Reviews in Beaverton, OR | Glassdoor

Sage CEO Stephen Kelly
Stephen Kelly

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • It's sad when upper management tells you if you don't like it find another job (in 50 reviews)

• Complacency in the market - real lack of New Business awareness in the business despite the messages from Senior Management (in 28 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - BCAM in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - BCAM in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management, great employees, great compensation and benefits

Cons

Tough to move up due to employees being happy in their positions.

Aug 15, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for reviewing Sage. Really pleased to hear you, like many others, love the fact that Sage has awesome colleagues! It's also great to hear the compensation and benefits work well for you... More

"Was alright in the beginning."

Former Employee - Technical Support in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Sage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent wage
    Friendly coworkers (non management and below)

Cons

poor training
    poor leadership
    poor management
    poor job progression

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with what's going on, the last 6 months of my tenure at Sage was spent breaking my back in 11 queues nonstop calls from start of shift to end of shift, most of these were queues where we received one week of training if that and then thrown to the wolves, without any end in sight or idea WHY nobody was being hired to replace those being fired or those leaving due to the overly stressful environment. Maybe more people would have stayed if there had been an end in sight and an idea of what was going on.

Dec 11, 2017 – Talent Marketing Manager

Thanks for your feedback and taking the time to review us. The analyst role should only take 2-3 queues and has the opportunity to transfer calls at anytime to a tier 2 support team if they feel... More

"Only if... they truly cared"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Sage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing and friendly. Helpful, for the most part. Some really try hard but their promotion process is INCREDIBLY long and bureaucratically AWFUL that they quit and get other jobs that deserve them.

Cons

The sales and Sr. technical support people for the Sage 50 queues are rude and unprofessional. Management is either micro-managing you or you have some that couldn't give a poo about what you're doing, they just don't want to be bothered. You will never get the elusive 10% bonus they bait you with. In the 5 years I was there, we never met sales goals and never saw a true "bonus", only fed pipe dreams and told support needs to pick-up where sales slacked off. I wish I could say that corporate cared but in reality, they're only interested in how good they are and how much money you can make them.

Advice to Management

Actually promote your employees and not just treat them "nice" at Peak season but during ALL SEASONS. Your promotion process is the absolute worst I've ever seen and DETERS long term employees and stunts their growth. A shame really, losing all of that talent when all corporate had to do was show that they actually care.

Sep 15, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. We agree that our people at Sage are the best, not only professional but friendly too. In FY17 we launched our leadership development programme... More

"Sage IT Department"

Former Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Work Life Balance - Family First - Managers are never there - Managment gives you trust and hires you for your knowledge.

Cons

The company is falling apart, Stephen Kelly has not turned the company around as you can see that from the inside. Its hard to pretended but everything is falling apart. Enough said I don't want to go into detail.

Advice to Management

Don't talk to your employee's backs especially to non-management.

May 2, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for reviewing Sage. Glad to hear your work life balance was achieved when you were here - it's something we try and ensure all our colleagues achieve. Sage is growing from strength to... More

"Installations and Systems"

Current Contractor - Installation Technician in Beaverton, OR
    Current Contractor - Installation Technician in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Sage as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There are lots of different environments to work in and problem solving daily.

Cons

Hiring freeze Stress and fear rule at Sage people are either fired or "let go" for no apparent reason - contractors used to scare permanent employees job security.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like real people and not just numbers

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Business Care Account Manager in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Business Care Account Manager in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is relaxed, for the most part.

Cons

Almost impossible to get promoted

Advice to Management

Stop hiring temps. Promote, train, and value your current employees

"The devil you know vs the devil you don't."

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance
    Good salary
    Multiple products
    Sales, support and development in one building.

Cons

The focus has stepped away from technology and leaned more towards marketing.
    Promotion process is long and difficult.
    You can come to work everyday and be a good employee that gets the job done and receives high scores, but it's not good enough, yet an employee that calls in sick all the time, makes customers angry and had been on multiple behavior plans will be promoted and given opportunities that advance their careers because the manager likes them.

Advice to Management

Be professional. Be a leader. Be real.

Oct 31, 2016 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review and we are pleased to hear your work-life balance is positive and your salary is competitive as we work hard in these areas. We are starting a new leading for leaders... More

"Good First Experience"

Former Intern - Intern in Beaverton, OR
    Former Intern - Intern in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Sage as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Being around a team of people who were eager to teach me helped me learn quickly.
    A lot of the employees seemed very friendly and the facilities were pretty fantastic.

Cons

A lot of what went on felt like busy work, not just for me but for everybody. The company felt bloated and has only gotten worse from what I hear.

Advice to Management

An effort to streamline and allow for people to have less manager overlook might help you thrive.

"Don't Waste Your Time - the stress is NOT worth it!"

Former Employee - Customer Support Analyst (Then Associate) in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Support Analyst (Then Associate) in Beaverton, OR

Pros

When I started over 2 years ago, there were weekly team meetings, monthly or quarterly campus wide or company/division/country/region-wide meetings during which we heard about/discussed notable news/events/issues. We had scheduled time off the phones to work on customer projects, get help from other team members, or learn/explore skills to improve our roles. There were reasonable metrics and expectations in terms of taking time to ensure customer needs were met/exceeded. I remember more sharing, offers for help/advice, camaraderie in general. It was a pleasant and hopeful (in terms of job security/career advancement) place to work. I almost remember being proud to work there and sharing my experience and loyalty to the company/brand with nearly everyone I encountered outside. Customers would routinely sing praises to Sage, primarily based on their interactions with support.

Cons

And then it slowly began to change...the quaint and delightful meadow eroded into an oozing swampy cesspool. Middle management became MICRO management and all sense of value (for the individual contributions of employees as team members) gave way to backstabbing, malicious gossip, every-man-for-themselves as the ship ran a ground. I could go on and on about the ineptitude, but that may be immature. So back to the ship! The first wave of rats began leaving and then the next wave of sensible professionals. And for what? Changes made with the customer in mind - all for the customer, but in fact HAPPY employees is what truly delights customers (when it comes to contacting customer service/tech support). Oh sure, the numbers looked good on paper (because you cheated by creating a new queue to dump calls in), but customers were no longer being delighted. People need to work to live though, so what they are left with is those who have been beaten down and sullied and an endless wave of new recruits. I can not recall one hopeful memory or bit of good from the end of my time there...as a very talented individual/HUMAN BEING, I took my brilliant skills elsewhere (before I had a nervous breakdown or stroke because you will be pushed to the very brink!). Haha - if you are a masochist, Sage is the perfect place for you!

Advice to Management

It's hard to know where to start...obviously Sage is not a non-profit. Technology is a competitive industry. Sage has talent and resources and a fabulous marketing group to convert the masses. Customers for life begins with the employees who have direct contact with them, especially on a frequent basis and when things are going wrong or they need help. Those of us who SUPPORT customers are the ones doing alot of dirty work with very little demonstrated appreciation for it. Employees who just do their jobs are not delighting customers - employees who LOVE their jobs are! When I left, customers for life to me meant being lured in by a delightful fairy tale and then finding you're trapped "for life" once you've invested in and adopted the software. As a customer, I would be enraged (as so many I talked to daily were) at the lack of value for that investment. Lack of value really boiling down to who it was who answered the phone - employees who were empowered and valued vs. employees who were just another faceless voice advising them to look it up in the Knowledgebase or call their consultant for assistance/training. As a small business entrepreneur and bookkeeper, I find myself being asked constantly about software (and now I work in the construction industry) and guess what I say about Sage? Yeah, well it was a good company once and then like so many good companies, someone else came in, took over and decided to make a run for increased profits without considering what the actual equation for that outcome is. Sadly, critical variables were overlooked or thrown out entirely and now you're just left with a delicate and somewhat meaningless shell. Personally, I do business with companies that value their employees - that usually means that they are trustworthy and have integrity which will show up in the course of customer relationships too. Happy employees are a company's best asset and marketing tool. Such a shame that a rich resource like that is going to waste...

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Analyst in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Sage full-time

Pros

Great team to work with each day. With what training they give to analyst we seem to manage surprisingly well.

Cons

Senior Analysts are severely underpaid and over worked. The raise opportunities are not honored as they were told to employees upon being hired.

Advice to Management

Reward your hardworking employees by promotions and raises consistent with the industry.

Apr 29, 2016 – Internal & External Communications Specialist, NA

Thank you for your review of Sage. At Sage, we believe fit and synergy are just as valuable as skill-set, so we are happy to hear you enjoy working with your team of colleagues. It sounds as if there... More

Showing 34 of 1,201 reviews