KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.1
Sage Hospitality President and CEO Walter L. Isenberg
Walter L. Isenberg

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Company has good benefits and with many locations nation wide is great for relocating.(in 40 reviews)
  • "There are many great people who work here who are good to work for.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Great culture and values(in 13 reviews)
  • "Let you create seasonal drinks, care about employees, try and make sure everyone is happy to be working there.(in 12 reviews)
  • "good work environment(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sage Hospitality and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

I have finally found my home!!!

Mar 17, 2022 - General Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inspiring. Encouraging. Supportive. Freedom. Sense of Belonging

Cons

NONE. Not a single one I can think of. That's kind of a big deal.

People & Culture

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your thoughtful review. It warms our hearts to know that our associates and leaders know they are valued and know they belong. We exist to enrich your life and couldn't be more proud of the culture created by having people like you as part of our organization. Thank you!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Hotel and Team in New Orleans to work for

Jun 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Location, team, culture, pay, building

Cons

None, place is an awesome place to work!

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear Sage Associate: Aw, shucks! Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate your input and insight- we are grateful you experience the culture and environment we strive to promote. Should you have any additional feedback, we would love to hear from you at my.voice@sagehospitalitygroup.com You belong!

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Ok job

Jun 26, 2022 - Cocktail Server
    Business Outlook

Pros

We made decent money at the events hosted at the property

Cons

If there were no events there was not much money made.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to build a career

Jun 3, 2022 - General Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Sage for many years in different hotels. Through all the up and down turns, the companies core values of enriching lives has never changed. The leaders continue to get better with a focus on developing associates and giving them the opportunities to be the best leaders they can be. While this happened to me, I still wish I had joined even earlier. This is an outstanding company to build an amazing career in the hotel business. Take a chance with Sage, you won’t regret it!!

Cons

Great company to grow with.

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear Sage Associate: Thank you so much for your thoughtful and kind review. We especially want to recognize and applaud you for your tenure. The evolution you have experienced throughout your service at Sage is valued. You bring an incredible perspective from both our historical practices and agile change response- that through thick and thin, our culture is steadfast. You belong!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lovely

May 25, 2022 - Post Doctoral Fellow in London, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good money and nice food at lunch

Cons

Far from my house unfortunately

1 person found this review helpful

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear Former Sage Associate: Thank you for reaching out. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with Sage. We have also noted your feedback, and appreciate you sharing. If you would like to provide further detail on items to celebrate and/or take a stronger focus on, we invite you to email my.voice@sagehospitalitygroup.com. Wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Open to Positive Change

May 25, 2022 - Vice President in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our company recently re-organized many business units which is always a difficult situation to manage through. The corporate team has been focused and collaborative and appropriately realistic, reasonable with a GREAT positive attitude. The outcome has been terrific with a good balance of great new talent in the company as well as promotions for people who are deserving. I am proud to be working for a company that is open minded and can embrace change in a good way with always having the well being of associates at the top of the list in terms of focus and approach.

Cons

The hospitality industry is a tough one right now with staffing issues, but it is SOOOO worth it if you work for a great company that allows you to be you and makes sure you feel like you belong to something bigger than just a JOB.

1 person found this review helpful

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear Sage Associate: Your review makes our heart go "pitter patter!" Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful input. Our "You Belong" culture is an imperative element in who we are and what we do. We agree, that organizational changes within our business can be difficult to navigate, but we are extremely proud to have manuevered the change alongside brilliant and people-centric team members. Thank you for your input and tenure with our team. We are enthusiastic about our bright future ahead.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Values focused- incredible organization

May 28, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sage is a culture forward organization, they are people focused and always advocate for their values. I have always felt encouraged to be compassionate and creative, while supporting business objectives. In every situation where I’ve shared feedback or areas to improve, I was heard and often times, the feedback was implemented. They focus on humanity throughout everything they do- which leads to incredible guest experiences. They are innovators that lead this market. I cannot wait to see the future they build.

Cons

The challenges are due to high business levels and the nature of the industry. It can be quite busy and fast paced. The labor market adds a particularly tough challenge as well.

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear Sage Associate: Your input warms our hearts! We are elated to hear that our efforts focused on creativity and people have echoed throughout your employment experience. Thank you so much for your kind and detailed input. We agree it can be challenging at times to have such demanding business levels, we encourage you to share any solutions you might have that would better support our team through my.voice@sagehospitalitygroup.com. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it tremendously!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great People, Great Company

May 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are what make this company! Everyone from the CEO/COO/VP's/GM's/Managers/hourlies - they hire quality people and the culture is teamwork and collaborative. It makes the hard work all worth it when you like who you are working beside.

Cons

This is a tough industry but Sage is the culture you want!

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear Sage Associate: We thank you for your thoughtful and delightful review. We agree, our culture is strong due to our foundation of fantastic team members. We thank you for your tenure and service, your historical knowledge of our company and future focus make all the difference. We look forward to continuing to enrich lives, alongside you! You belong!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Just added more benefits because our people matter

May 24, 2022 - Senior Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our people and team’s matter! Added Juneteenth as a paid holiday. How many companies do you know where the CEO and COO call a team member with a sick kid? Wait...cool stuff coming soon on when employees get their benefits. Internal promotions are a priority! Lots more to come. Have lunch with a leader to see who we are!

Cons

Too many open positions at the moment.

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear Sage Associate: We extend our sincerest appreciation for your kind and thoughtful review. Our recent addition of Juneteenth in our paid holiday plan reflects the heart and core of our organizational culture. We are elated to commemorate and memorialize this historic day. Our company DNA is centered around inclusion and enriching experiences. We are elated to hear that you have felt our workplace culture in a contagious manner. Thank you for your feedback and your tenure with Sage!

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Room for improvement

Jun 7, 2022 - Director of Banquets in Alexandria, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great location has lots benefits

Cons

Long hours, short staff, no support, no supplies, in desperate need of renovations

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear Sage Associate: While we are grateful to hear you enjoy the location and benefits of where you work, we are sorry to hear your perspective surrounding opportunities to improve. We believe in placemaking, work/life balance, and providing tools for employees to be successful in the workplace. Please know, that your input is weighed seriously and will be reviewed appropriately. If you have further feedback or solutions to suggest, we invite you to share your input at my.voice@sagehospitalitygroup.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 426 Reviews

Sage Hospitality Reviews FAQs

Sage Hospitality has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 428 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Sage Hospitality to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sage Hospitality employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sage Hospitality. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

77% of Sage Hospitality employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sage Hospitality 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sage Hospitality to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Sage Hospitality Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Sage Hospitality? Share Your Experiences

Sage Hospitality Careers

Cover image for Sage Hospitality

Founded in 1984, Sage Hospitality set out to be the best hotel owner and operator in the business. Through 35 years of creating valued...More

• Overview
  • Our Culture
  • Our Values
  • Life at Sage

Company Updates

Logo

6 days ago

Culture
At Sage, we strive to Enrich Lives, One Experience at a Time. And that starts with enriching the lives of our associates. We want every associate to know that YOU BELONG. We would like to take a moment to highlight our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion initiatives. +When hiring and promoting, we value a variety of experiences, perspectives, and abilities. Compared to the national population, Sage is proud of higher representation in Hispanic, Black, and female representation in our associate population, new hires, and managers. +As part of our dedicated efforts to foster diversity and inclusion, we added Juneteenth to our calendar of observed holidays for non-union associates. +Sage is proud to celebrate our LGBTQ+ associates during Pride Month, which is celebrated in June each year. +We are launching our Sage Foundations Scholarship fund, intended for associates who identify as under-represented to provide opportunities for education and advancement. +We are working with AHLA, Castell, and internal training content to provide additional development opportunities!
Shared image

Sage Hospitality Photos

+ Add Photo
Sage Hospitality photo of: Walter (CEO) and Zack (Chairman of the Board), Co-Founders
Sage Hospitality photo of: Sage Hospitality Group Executive Committee