Sage Hospitality Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Sage Hospitality President and CEO Walter L. Isenberg
Walter L. Isenberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Benefits include a free public transportation (RTD) pass, on-site gym, planned community service opportunities and lots of fun people to work with (in 6 reviews)

• good benefits, fun team, active work environment (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is complacent and too comfortable (in 9 reviews)

• Back to the low pay everyone seems to look out for number one instead of taking care of the people that do the grunt work so turn over rate is high (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"LOVE my job !"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have truly loved my time at Sage. They do their best to put their associates first and find development opportunities for them. My team is like a family to me and I feel very thankful to be part of Sage as it continues to grow.

Cons

As the company gets bigger, it's always going to be hard to keep a consistent message from the Home Office to the properties in the field but compared to other places I've worked, I think there's better communication and better understanding of what's needed. Sometimes, with larger organizations the corporate office can be disconnected from the real issues in the field but I think Sage is at a good size in that regard. Not too big but also not too small.

Advice to Management

Keep sight of all these wonderful initiatives and priorities as the company continues to grow!

Sep 18, 2017 – Co-Founder, President and CEO

What an amazing tribute to the Sage values and organization you were able to provide. Thank you for the great feedback. I am so glad that your department has a good family feel and that you are... More

2. "Housing Coordinator"

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time

Pros

Great benefits; great access to upper management and great opportunities to advance if ever approached or available

Cons

Tough to advance if there aren't any positions to advance to. Hard to prove yourself at times

3. "Constant growth potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

I would recommend to anyone especially someone interested in possible relocation and growing within a company.

Cons

Working at a newer hotel within the Sage portfolio so it is still defining the culture but as development continues, it has been a great collaboration between the property and corporate.

4. "Amazing career opportunities for the hard working and open minded."

Current Employee - Director of Finance and Administration
    Current Employee - Director of Finance and Administration

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career advancement opportunities, decent compensation in an industry that is racing to the bottom, accesible knowledge and training, and exciting future for the company. If you can work with ambiguity and are excited to be a part of a rapidly growing company with a touch of growing pains the experience is great

Cons

Lack of connection to the actual challenges staff go through every day, great vision for the future but due to rapid growth company sometimes struggles to maintain simple processes, communication is not very good with too ideas without much action. If you are not an energetic learner and a self-starter you will not be happy or find much actual guidance.

Advice to Management

Improve on boarding, give associates clear direction on what’s expected of them, and improve the technology and support we have at he property level before making huge changes hay don’t help anyone outside of the corporate office.

5. "Caring management company"

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time

Pros

We had amazing experiences working for the company. GREAT BENEFITS!!!

Cons

The hotel i worked for the mangers were very unprofessional and underhanded. I don't feel that we were properly compensated for all the hard work we had done since the hotel was in construction when we started.

6. "The longer I stay the more it seemed. Keep you in the same position for little money"

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time

Pros

Good environment nice people to work with company has really good insurance

Cons

Does not pay well for the competition in the area especially considering front desk agents are being paid 1050 an hour and car washes are hiring at 12:50 an hour

7. "Front Office Manager"

Former Employee - Front Office Manager
    Former Employee - Front Office Manager

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Given a lot of opportunities to shine
    Ability to be creative with how you run your department
    Pay well compared to other hotel management companies
    Lots of empowerment seminars, very refreshing for staff and management team

Cons

Not a lot of upper management assistance, until the department is in shambles
    GM needed better understanding of rooms

Oct 30, 2017 – Co-Founder, President and CEO

Thank you for your review of Sage. It is great to know that you found your experience as a Front Office Manager rewarding and it sounds like you attended some great training. I hope that you were... More

8. "Great for some"

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company is clearly growing and creating many fantastic hospitality venues with many employee opportunities for employees in the operations areas. There are many great people who work here who are good to work for.

Cons

Leadership of the company is willing to sacrifice talent for profits; there is definitely a network and you are either in or out. A few years ago they moved away from their core values and dismantled the HR team so don't expect much help there. Pay was low for many compared to the rest of the world, though a few select folks were well compensated.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep growing and providing excellence, treat all people better and make your messages transparent prior to having a negative impact on others.

Oct 30, 2017 – Co-Founder, President and CEO

Thank you for your willingness to share your feedback about Sage. I hope that your years at Sage allowed you to grow and develop your career. As a company we try to provide a balance between... More

9. "Bellman|Doorman"

Current Employee - Bellman in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Bellman in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly staff, awesome downtown location, and potential to move up within the company

Cons

Sometimes not all departments are in sync with each other which can prove to be an issue

Advice to Management

Get all departments on board with each other!

Oct 3, 2017 – Co-Founder, President and CEO

Thank you for your review about working for Sage. I am glad to see that you see the potential to move up and that you are satisfied with your team and location. Our best assets are our associates... More

10. "Great company overall, but really depends on property-specific management"

Former Employee - Conference Services Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Conference Services Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I think the overall culture of Sage is a positive one. They at least talk a lot about development and leadership. Benefits are decent for the hospitality industry. They have some really fantastic properties in their portfolio and there are lots of opportunities.

Cons

It really depends on property-specific management. Having worked at two different Sage hotels, I had a great management at one, with lots of support. The other, however, I felt like management was only interested in promoting themselves within the greater corporate structure, even if it meant throwing their subordinates under the bus.

Oct 30, 2017 – Co-Founder, President and CEO

Thank you for your review of Sage, it's great to see that your overall view of our culture was positive. We truly do try to develop our associates and offer opportunities to grow your career. I... More