KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated May 22, 2021

3.8
Sage Hospitality President and CEO Walter L. Isenberg
Walter L. Isenberg
Pros
  • "Great Benefits within this company(in 13 reviews)

• "Good Benefits, Decent Pay, Constantly evolving with the times(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Corporate can feel so separate from the hotels(in 21 reviews)

• "Upper management out of touch with the hourly worker(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Go for Sage!

Apr 20, 2021 - General Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kind. Well organized. Well run hotel & Restaurant company

Cons

None that I know. So far this has been a perfect working experience.

People & Culture

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We loved reading about your positive experience with Sage and look forward to many more years of success together!

2. 5.0

Best company

May 22, 2021 - Travel/Tourism Expert, Educationist/Trainer in Fort Collins, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Puts people first -operate by “take care of our staff and they will take care of our customers”

Cons

No cons to working for this company—they are one of the best!

3. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great company!

May 13, 2021 - Front Desk Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun people! Everyone really engaged, very service oriented.

Cons

Low pay, difficult to get ahead in salary with small increases.

People & Culture

Dear Former Associate, Thank you for your review of Sage Hospitality and thank you for your contribution. We are so happy to hear your life was enriched by your co-workers and our service-orientation. The past year especially presented challenges with increases due to the impact of COVID on our industry and business, so we are glad to see some recovery coming. Thank you again, be well!

4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Place

May 5, 2021 - Assistant Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers and lots of opportunity

Cons

rapidly changing company (can also be a good ting)

People & Culture

Thank you for your feedback and positive review of Sage Hospitality! We appreciate your contribution and are glad to hear you enjoyed your co-workers and the opportunities within Sage. We also appreciate you pointing out our growth, especially during this time of recovery. We certainly consider it a good thing and are also focusing on how we can protect the well-being of our associates during this time. We wish you well!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Night Auditor Position

Apr 22, 2021 - Night Auditor in Fort Collins, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Management Team Good Benefits Decent wage Flexible off time requests Upscale/Hip environment

Cons

Working full time overnight hours may affect your mental health.

Continue reading

People & Culture

Dear Former Employee, We sincerely thank you for taking the time to write your review. We loved reading about what you enjoyed during your time with Sage and will continue focusing on these areas! Thank you also for your tenure as a night auditor, we know it's a tough job and appreciate your dedication and positive attitude! We hope to cross paths again in the future.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

May 1, 2021 - Team Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

They offer medical and dental

Cons

I’m not sure how to answer this

People & Culture

Thank you for recommending Sage and leaving your five-star review! Feel free to reach out to my.voice@sagehospitality.com with any additional details you would like to share.

7. 4.0

Great Company

Apr 19, 2021 - Server/Waiter in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large hospitality management company that makes an effort to retain employees. Good benefits, good incentives... overall good management

Cons

none to speak of, this has been a great job.

People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We appreciate you noticing that we value our associates and do everything we can do enrich their lives; including offering competitive benefits, incentives, leadership, and retention :)

8. 4.0

Manage Review

Apr 27, 2021 - Manager in Alexandria, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small company that desires growth

Cons

Does not have support or resources of large hotel chain

People & Culture

Dear Current Employee: Thank you for leaving your review! We are so glad you are enjoying your experience with Sage and also our growth trajectory. We do pride ourselves on not being a large chain so we can work locally to support our properties and communities. If you have specific suggestions for us, please send to my.voice@sagehospitality.com. Thank you!

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Solid Company

Apr 14, 2021 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great organization. Good to their employees. Tried to train to promote from within.

Cons

None that would prevent me from working for them in the future.

1 person found this review helpful

People & Culture

Thank you for commenting that you appreciate our company and our development of our associates! We hope to cross paths again in the future.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great for career growth, lack of transparency

Oct 20, 2020 - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Develop into a role you’re passionate about. Many learning opportunities. Friendly and hardworking coworkers who know how to laugh it off and also get serious. Fun and exciting hotels and restaurants all over the U.S. You will be challenged but in the best ways. Don’t just expect to be handed your dream job. You have to ask and work for it (it’s worth it).

Cons

Benefits are not the best, lack of transparency, gives priority to certain employees - didn’t always feel the love and support even as a manager. Corporate can feel so separate from the hotels. Did not seem to care much about employee wellbeing during COVID-19 furloughs and lay offs - severe lack of communication and terrible support during it. I understand the company is struggling but your employees are the backbone of the company...show more care. Also, relationship between hotel and restaurant groups does not make any sense - they are too disconnected.

Continue reading

People & Culture

Greetings, We sincerely thank you for your service to Sage and your thoughtful and thorough feedback. We're so delighted to hear about the culture, learning opportunities, and development you were able to experience. These are top priorities for Sage for all of our associates across the country. We are committed to constantly seeking feedback and will continue to do so to enrich the lives of our associates and guests. In fact, we have just invested in a state-of-the art survey and feedback system that we will be rolling out soon. Thank you again for your comments. Best wishes!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 357 Reviews